ZSARC Reminder

Discussion forum for the ZS Amateur Radio Club

Moderator: ZS Board of Directors

whisk.e.rebellion
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later. Dawn of the Dead (both versions). Return of the Living Dead. Shaun of the Dead. Dead Alive.

ZSARC Reminder

Post by whisk.e.rebellion » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:55 pm

Hey, all you HAMs --

We really appreciate all of the enthusiasm to finally get the ZSARC and make it a reality. Please remember, though, clubs like this have to follow many of the same rules as chapters. While the requirements to have real world events don't apply, the standard rules regarding behavior do. Also, like chapters, official events would have to be approved by the Chapter admin staff (part of ZS HQ). A ZS ARC would also be required to follow current and future guidelines regarding member confidentiality, discussions of religion and politics, and openness to the public.

That being said, we think this could be a great way to encourage more people to get involved with HAM radio and a useful tool for members during an emergency.
I survived Zombie Con 2011: Full Spectrum Pain
I survived Zombie Con 2012: Our word is "douchebag"
I survived Zombie Con 2014: <Insert inappropriate website here>

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Re: ZSARC Reminder

Post by NT2C » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:16 pm

Thanks for the reminder! It's easy, when starting something new, or trying to breathe life back into something old, to forget that it may be part of something larger and only focus on what's right in front of you. Speaking for myself, as a newcomer to ZS, I know there will probably be a few things I'll learn the hard way, and other things I'm simply not aware of that could turn around and bite me on the ass. So it's good to know there's folks more knowledgeable about ZS than I am involved in this effort, and that others are watching over the whole process, ready to give guidance where needed.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except sailors. They will kill you and sing songs about it.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

Scotticus
Favorite Zombie Movies: The ones where I'm alive at the end.

Post by Scotticus » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:25 pm

whisk.e.rebellion wrote:Hey, all you HAMs --

We really appreciate all of the enthusiasm to finally get the ZSARC and make it a reality. Please remember, though, clubs like this have to follow many of the same rules as chapters. While the requirements to have real world events don't apply, the standard rules regarding behavior do. Also, like chapters, official events would have to be approved by the Chapter admin staff (part of ZS HQ). A ZS ARC would also be required to follow current and future guidelines regarding member confidentiality, discussions of religion and politics, and openness to the public.

That being said, we think this could be a great way to encourage more people to get involved with HAM radio and a useful tool for members during an emergency.
Amateur radio operators are not accountable to you for how they conduct themselves on the air.

Amateur radio operators answer ONLY to the FCC, usually by way of their section's Official Observers / Official Observer Coordinator.

You have no power here.
Due to repeated abuse and ego raging from ZS moderators, and no more mature adults to which chapter officers can appeal, ZSC:029 has been permanently dissolved.

I'd never ask members to accept that kind of institutional mistreatment, and you shouldn't sign up for it in the first place.

President - ZSC:029
"Until there is no enemy."

NoAm
ZS Chapter Volunteer
ZS Chapter Volunteer
Favorite Zombie Movies: Contagion, Carriers, Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead, Night of the Living Dead, Resident Evil (s), 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later

Post by NoAm » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:39 pm

While we are holding the ZS net meetings, since we are a part of ZS, we do have to follow the same guidelines....No Politics, No Religion, etc. It basically is the same as any ZS functions, meetings...
I can confirm that there has been none of this on the net meetings.

BTW, Sorry I missed this official announcement... Let's Roll!
ZSC025 President
Check out this months newsletter To see how to save on food storage
ZS Chapter VolunteerHave questions about starting a chapter?●Want to find other ZS members in your area? Looking for other ZS members to start a chapter with? Check here first New Chapter Coordination Questions or email us at [url=mailto://chapters@zombiehunters.org]chapters@zombiehunters.org[/url]

Return to “Zombie Squad Radio Club”