READ ME FIRST - ZSARC Forum Introduction

Discussion forum for the ZS Amateur Radio Club

Moderator: ZS Board of Directors

kyle
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Wild Zero, Dawn of the Dead (original), Shaun of the Dead, Dellamorte Dellamore (The Cemetery Man), Braindead, Return of the Living Dead

READ ME FIRST - ZSARC Forum Introduction

Post by kyle » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:32 pm

This section of the forum will be used for the Zombie Squad radio club. Any business matters related to the radio club, it's function, events it is holding or how to get involved can be posted in this section of the forum.

Please join the Zombie Squad Radio Club forum group if you are interested in updates on the club. You can add yourself to the group by changing your group settings in the User Control Panel here: http://zombiehunters.org/forum/ucp.php?i=167" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Zombie Squad Radio club, unlike other ZS chapters, will not be region specific. The club will include radio operators within the Zombie Squad community as a whole. The club is currently in the initial planning stages. To get in on the ground floor of the club's planning and structure, jump on in!

Any general discussion about emergency radio, radio equipment or other general radio related stuff that is not directly related to the Zombie Squad radio club business needs to be posted in the ZS communications forum located HERE

If you're interested in learning more about radio communications, a good place to start would be checking out the following links:

Part 1 - Intro
Part 2 - Licensing
Part 3 - Equipment
Part 4 - Networking

Please do not post call-signs, or any other personal information, of other users without permission.
Zombie Squad - "We can handle it from here. We've talked about this on the Internet."

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Re: READ ME FIRST - ZSARC Forum Introduction

Post by jamoni » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:40 pm

YAY!
JoergS wrote:Realistically, I think I can launch a nine pound chain saw at 50 fps from a shoulder mounted rubber powered bazooka...
squinty wrote:I reserve the right to yell "Dookyhole!" - or it's Hebrew equivalent if such a thing exists - whilst dispensing a barrage of palm strikes at my opponent.

LtCmdLeia
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by LtCmdLeia » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:57 pm

NICE! thank you
"So this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause" ... Senator Padmé Amidala, Star Wars, Episode 3, Revenge of the Sith

ImageImageImage

BEar667
Favorite Zombie Movies: Pick one

Post by BEar667 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:09 pm

I'm hoping to get my Technicians License some time soon.
KØMRD General Class

NRA MEMBER

Parate Omnes Casus!

aa1pr
Favorite Zombie Movies: [size=14][b]I got [color=red]%65.3669724770642[/color][/b] on the
[url=http://zomboid.com/zombie]Ultimate Zombie Apocalypse Survival Quiz![/url][/size]

Post by aa1pr » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:54 pm

maybe we should have some folks as Elmers or contacts that could forward the appropriate information along?

kyle
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Wild Zero, Dawn of the Dead (original), Shaun of the Dead, Dellamorte Dellamore (The Cemetery Man), Braindead, Return of the Living Dead

Post by kyle » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:58 pm

FYI: http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 8#p1607578" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The goal of the club will be to:

1) Promote/educate disaster communication to those interested in the ZS community
2) Organize radio communication related events both on and off the air (radio nets, ham fests, field days, etc)
3) Help chapter officers/members do the same in their areas on a local basis

I hoped to get this going and hand the reigns to someone else but it appears I'm not able to make the time to do it.

If there are individuals who are experienced with the technology and are willing to put in the time to get this club off the ground again, let me know. I can be reached at kyle@zombiehunters.org

I have some contact info of a few others who have expressed interest in getting this going as well. I am happy to put you in contact with each other. Someone needs to take up the leadership role to make sure it happens. I'm currently the point of contact for ZS-HQ and I will be happy to work with any folks who are up for it.

A good way to promote radio comms will be to stimulate discussion on the forum and to put together articles for our upcoming ZS Blog (Jan/Feb 2011). If you would like to submit an article let me know.
Zombie Squad - "We can handle it from here. We've talked about this on the Internet."

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:30 am

Suggestion: Having your callsign in your sig would call attention to amateur radio, and possibly get more ZS members interested. At the very least it lets fellow hams know who you are.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except sailors. They will kill you and sing songs about it.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

Scotticus
Favorite Zombie Movies: The ones where I'm alive at the end.

Post by Scotticus » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:46 pm

In.
Due to repeated abuse and ego raging from ZS moderators, and no more mature adults to which chapter officers can appeal, ZSC:029 has been permanently dissolved.

I'd never ask members to accept that kind of institutional mistreatment, and you shouldn't sign up for it in the first place.

President - ZSC:029
"Until there is no enemy."

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:58 pm

Question: I've looked (but not too hard) and I'm not seeing any real "How To" area on the site, with step-by-step directions for doing things or making things. I'm about to build a batch of dual band (2m/70cm) aluminum open stub J-poles (similar to the Arrow brand aluminum J-Pole) that I give to new hams, friends, etc. and I could, if anyone was interested, take plenty of photos of the process and post a "How To..." thread giving complete directions on how to make one yourself. The only problems with the idea is, A) where such a thread is best posted and, B) would there be any interest?

Comments? Suggestions?
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except sailors. They will kill you and sing songs about it.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

aa1pr
Favorite Zombie Movies: [size=14][b]I got [color=red]%65.3669724770642[/color][/b] on the
[url=http://zomboid.com/zombie]Ultimate Zombie Apocalypse Survival Quiz![/url][/size]

Post by aa1pr » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:18 pm

I would post it in the communications thread which is in the survival equippment area: http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=45" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:44 pm

When I didn't get any response after a few days I assumed there was no interest. I've already started the batch I'm building but didn't take any photos yet. I'll see what I can do...

BEar667
Favorite Zombie Movies: Pick one

Post by BEar667 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:58 pm

OK add me to the List

BEar667
Technition
2 meter Alinco HT
KØMRD General Class

NRA MEMBER

Parate Omnes Casus!

doitnstyle1
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Road, The Book of Eli, After the Dark

Post by doitnstyle1 » Sat May 14, 2016 11:19 pm

I passed my Technician. I missed the General by three but I am surprised that I passed anything at all as I had so much BS happening this week.None-the-less, I made Technician just waiting for my call sign to get on the net. I will study to pass my General and Maybe Extra for next month.
"All religious stuff aside, the fact is people who can't kill will always be subject to those who can." - Brad "Iceman" Colbert, Generation Kill

Return to “Zombie Squad Radio Club”