[NET] ZSARC Meetings 2nd & 4th Sunday's 7:00 EST

Discussion forum for the ZS Amateur Radio Club

Moderator: ZS Board of Directors

NoAm
ZS Chapter Volunteer
ZS Chapter Volunteer
Favorite Zombie Movies: Contagion, Carriers, Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead, Night of the Living Dead, Resident Evil (s), 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later

[NET] ZSARC Meetings 2nd & 4th Sunday's 7:00 EST

Post by NoAm » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:46 am

We decided at the last net meeting to try a schedule of the 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month.
We will still be meeting on Echolink 7:00 - 8:00 P.M. EST

You can get onto Echolink with a Technician license. That is the beauty of Echolink, you only need your computer, but you can also get on with a smartphone or official rig.

Echolink software can be downloaded here http://www.echolink.org/
If this is your first time on Echolink, you will have to go through the validation process. (It will take a little time, not long through) If you can't validate by phone (with the home # listed on your license registration), you will have to scan/email a copy of your license for validation.

Basic info for once you have gotten on Echolink:
Make sure before you open Echolink that your mic is plugged in (if you are using an external one).
Get onto Echolink
Click on Explorer View (Down below, above the greenish/grey box).
Click on Node Types
Click on Conferences
Select *U-NODE* brdg->IRLP Ref 9669 [0/99]
Add to your favorites for easy future access
I hope this helps, please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
ZSC025 President
Check out this months newsletter To see how to save on food storage
ZS Chapter VolunteerHave questions about starting a chapter?●Want to find other ZS members in your area? Looking for other ZS members to start a chapter with? Check here first New Chapter Coordination Questions or email us at [url=mailto://chapters@zombiehunters.org]chapters@zombiehunters.org[/url]

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Re: [NET] ZSARC Meetings 2nd & 4th Sunday's 7:00 EST

Post by NT2C » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:59 am

And for those "calendar challenged" individuals amongst us, myself included (just programmed it in my cell phone to remind me), today is the 4th Sunday of the month, thus it is a net Sunday. :wink:
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except sailors. They will kill you and sing songs about it.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

NoAm
ZS Chapter Volunteer
ZS Chapter Volunteer
Favorite Zombie Movies: Contagion, Carriers, Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead, Night of the Living Dead, Resident Evil (s), 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later

Post by NoAm » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:43 am

KJ4VOV wrote:And for those "calendar challenged" individuals amongst us, myself included (just programmed it in my cell phone to remind me), today is the 4th Sunday of the month, thus it is a net Sunday. :wink:
Dere ya go! :wink: Perfect! Talk to you tonight!
ZSC025 President
ZS Chapter VolunteerHave questions about starting a chapter?●Want to find other ZS members in your area? Looking for other ZS members to start a chapter with? Check here first New Chapter Coordination Questions or email us at [url=mailto://chapters@zombiehunters.org]chapters@zombiehunters.org[/url]

NoAm
ZS Chapter Volunteer
ZS Chapter Volunteer

Post by NoAm » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:56 pm

No Check-Ins this evening.
Talk to you next year :wink:
ZSC025 President

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:03 pm

And.... I fell asleep on the couch and left my phone in the office. :oops:

Hey, us old farts need our naps. :lol:
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except sailors. They will kill you and sing songs about it.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

NoAm
ZS Chapter Volunteer
ZS Chapter Volunteer

Post by NoAm » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:14 pm

KJ4VOV wrote:And.... I fell asleep on the couch and left my phone in the office. :oops:

Hey, us old farts need our naps. :lol:
:wink:
ZSC025 President

NoAm
ZS Chapter Volunteer
ZS Chapter Volunteer

Post by NoAm » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:45 am

Net Meeting tonight! :wink:
ZSC025 President

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:34 pm

I'm going to have to pass tonight. I've been up and on the go since 0300 this morning. I'd probably snore during the net.

Sent using secret methods known only to squirrels.

And selected hamsters.

NoAm
ZS Chapter Volunteer
ZS Chapter Volunteer

Post by NoAm » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:49 pm

Hopefully you can catch the next one KJ :wink:

Myself and 1 guest checked (from Ft. Wayne IN) this evening.
ZSC025 President

cobra6987

Post by cobra6987 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:01 pm

running the net tonight?
Presisdent: ZSC:041

Ambrose
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Ambrose » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:22 pm

Doesn't seem like it.
Amateur Extra Class Ham Radio Operator Check out The Zombie Squad Radio Club to learn more.

NoAm
ZS Chapter Volunteer
ZS Chapter Volunteer

Post by NoAm » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:06 pm

Doh! Sorry, I think I am still on the old schedule of every other week. No wonder we didn't have any check-ins last week *face palm*
The next next meeting will be Sunday 1/27.
ZSC025 President

NoAm
ZS Chapter Volunteer
ZS Chapter Volunteer

Post by NoAm » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:36 pm

1/27 4 check-ins
NoAm
Ambrose
KJ4VOV
Someone who was having troubles transmitting so they just listened.
ZSC025 President

NoAm
ZS Chapter Volunteer
ZS Chapter Volunteer

Post by NoAm » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:37 pm

2/10 3 check-ins
NoAm
Ambrose
JohhnyD

Our next net meeting will be 2/24
ZSC025 President

NoAm
ZS Chapter Volunteer
ZS Chapter Volunteer

Post by NoAm » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:22 am

Net meeting tonight :wink:
ZSC025 President

NoAm
ZS Chapter Volunteer
ZS Chapter Volunteer

Post by NoAm » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:54 pm

We had 3 check-ins this evening.
Ambrose
NoAm
Guest from Indiana
ZSC025 President

NoAm
ZS Chapter Volunteer
ZS Chapter Volunteer

Post by NoAm » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:41 pm

As of 7:40, no check-in's
Mr.NoAm just got home and I am off :wink:

We will try it again on 3/24
ZSC025 President

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:39 pm

NoAm wrote:As of 7:40, no check-in's
Mr.NoAm just got home and I am off :wink:

We will try it again on 3/24
Sorry, not feeling well these days.

Sent using secret methods known only to squirrels... and selected hamsters.

Ambrose
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Ambrose » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:53 pm

My sister is in town, so I hung out with her. I should be at the next one, though. Hope you feel better KJ4VOV.
Amateur Extra Class Ham Radio Operator Check out The Zombie Squad Radio Club to learn more.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:30 pm

Apologies for my sudden departure from the net tonight. I'm having severe router issues these days. Time for a new one but a new one isn't in the budget.

NoAm
ZS Chapter Volunteer
ZS Chapter Volunteer

Post by NoAm » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:57 am

We had 5 check-ins last night
NoAm
Ambrose
Scotticus
KJ4VOV
West Tex
ZSC025 President

NoAm
ZS Chapter Volunteer
ZS Chapter Volunteer

Post by NoAm » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:57 am

KJ4VOV wrote:Apologies for my sudden departure from the net tonight. I'm having severe router issues these days. Time for a new one but a new one isn't in the budget.
Not a problem KJ, sorry about the technical issues.
ZSC025 President

Lycosa
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Zombieland

Post by Lycosa » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:18 pm

Is the net on for April 14th? If so, I'd like to check in. I should have all the parts delivered and an echolink node setup by then. I could just use the android phone or computer, but what fun would that be? lol I haven't been given any formal "You are now officially a ZSARC club member" status from anyone, however I'd like to join the net if that's ok? :)

NoAm
ZS Chapter Volunteer
ZS Chapter Volunteer

Post by NoAm » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:25 pm

Yes our next net meeting will be next Sunday the 14th.
In your User Control Panel, just select Groups and ZS ARC, you will be official then :wink:
Congratulations and welcome aboard, I look forward to speaking with you next week.
ZSC025 President

Return to “Zombie Squad Radio Club”