Discussion forum for the ZS Amateur Radio Club

Moderator: ZS Board of Directors

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Re: ZSARC Ham Activity Report

Post by NT2C » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:33 am

ethanboris wrote:
KJ4VOV wrote:The county put our EmComm Team on alert yesterday and activated us at 0700 this morning. I'll be manning the radios at a local shelter starting at 1000. We're activated now through Wednesday.

stay safe buddy
Always. Worked a Red Cross shelter for 10 hours yesterday, which was a lot of fun as we had just about every NCO from the sheriff's dept there, from the 1st sergeant down, and we took over the principal's office of the school the shelter was in. Spent most of the 10 hours swapping stories, playing cards and drinking coffee.

Today I'll probably be manning radios in the EOC for a couple of shifts.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:22 am

My local club has been teaching a Technicians class at a local church for the past few weeks, and last night was the testing session. We had a total of ten VE's there last night, gave 16 tests, and we now have 9 new hams, including one who did the "Triple Crown", passing Tech, General and Extra all in one session. (He'd previously been licensed in England)

I love being a VE :mrgreen:

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

Moose1247
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Moose1247 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:47 am

I'll chime in. I haven't been very active over the last few days. I've been busy making some hardware changes so I've been spending less time on the air. I've got a phone patch set up now and I'm working on getting a TNC online so that I can work a few other digital modes. Other than that most of my activity has been on the local VHF nets and on some of the weak signal modes (JT65 and WSPR) on HF.

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:47 am

Necro-bump

I wouldn't mind seeing the ZSARC area get some activity again. I know we still have some ham members around, so what are y'all up to on the airwaves these days?

XaqFixx
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Return of the Living Dead, Zombi, Shaun of the Dead

Post by XaqFixx » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:08 pm

NEXT Necro-Bump.
I played around on FT-8 today (no QSO yet) and helped a friend install a 160m loop antenna on her property yesterday. How YOU doin' ?
KO4DIL General Class; WQZX905 GMRS; '95 F150 4X4 ZS0521; Charlotte, NC

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:24 pm

XaqFixx wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:08 pm
NEXT Necro-Bump.
I played around on FT-8 today (no QSO yet) and helped a friend install a 160m loop antenna on her property yesterday. How YOU doin' ?
As the wife and I are moving soon and with me selling my old truck/shack I'm restricted to the mobile in each vehicle these days, which limits me to 2m/70cm. My Jeep has an FTM-350 in it (you can follow me on aprs.fi - did a nice grand loop of the US last fall) and the pickup has an FTM-100DR that I'm sorry to say I've not spent much time learning to use.

XaqFixx
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Return of the Living Dead, Zombi, Shaun of the Dead

Post by XaqFixx » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:39 pm

NT2C wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:24 pm
XaqFixx wrote:
NEXT Necro-Bump.
As the wife and I are moving soon and with me selling my old truck/shack I'm restricted to the mobile in each vehicle these days, which limits me to 2m/70cm. My Jeep has an FTM-350 in it (you can follow me on aprs.fi - did a nice grand loop of the US last fall) and the pickup has an FTM-100DR that I'm sorry to say I've not spent much time learning to use.
You are rocking the UHF/VHF Yeasu - much better than my Baofeng set up. Very Cool.
If you want to play around on some of the digital modes let me know.

Also, I'm working on some LoRaWAN stuff which will mean we do some local but licenseless text-based coms that carries out the Ham traditions. https://hackaday.io/project/170878-arma ... mmunicator

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:11 am

XaqFixx wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:39 pm
NT2C wrote:
XaqFixx wrote:
NEXT Necro-Bump.
You are rocking the UHF/VHF Yeasu - much better than my Baofeng set up. Very Cool.

Also, I'm working on some LoRaWAN stuff which will mean we do some local but licenseless text-based coms that carries out the Ham traditions. https://hackaday.io/project/170878-arma ... mmunicator
Best I can do digital at the moment (aside from the FTM-100DR) is some DMR using a TYT HT which I haven't touched in probably a year now. Life got kinda busy and then went sideways, ya know? :lol:

Blast
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Girl With the Gifts

Post by Blast » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:06 pm

Picked up a Radiooddity DB25 dual-band transceiver for my mobile man-cave. It's supposedly a "high quality" Baofeng-type radio. :lol:
The price fit my shortwave radio budget so we'll see.
-Blast

XaqFixx
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by XaqFixx » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:45 pm

NT2C wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:11 am
XaqFixx wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:39 pm
NT2C wrote:
XaqFixx wrote:
NEXT Necro-Bump.

Best I can do digital at the moment (aside from the FTM-100DR) is some DMR using a TYT HT which I haven't touched in probably a year now. Life got kinda busy and then went sideways, ya know? :lol:
Life tends to do that.

XaqFixx
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by XaqFixx » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:46 pm

Blast wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:06 pm
Picked up a Radiooddity DB25 dual-band transceiver for my mobile man-cave. It's supposedly a "high quality" Baofeng-type radio. :lol:
-Blast
I've been looking at one of those, let me know how it goes.

Blast
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Girl With the Gifts

Post by Blast » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:06 pm

XaqFixx wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:46 pm
Blast wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:06 pm
-Blast
I've been looking at one of those, let me know how it goes.
Will do. I'm planning a full review here once I've programmed and installed it.
-Blast

Return to “Zombie Squad Radio Club”