Spay the Strays Tattoo Event

Forum for the Las Vegas, NV chapter

Moderators: ZS Chapter Volunteers, ZSC 009 Officers

Mattedfur
ZS Member
ZS Member

Spay the Strays Tattoo Event

Post by Mattedfur » Sun May 03, 2009 11:38 pm

I understand this needs approval from head zombies, yes?

If so, then here are the tentative idea with questions below.

Charity: Feral Cat Spay Clinic - a Heaven Can Wait program. http://www.hcws.org/programs/feralcat.asp Please note the number of feral cats spayed each month is now 230+.

(tentative) Date: Fri, July 17, or Sat, July 18 (subject to change if my work dates change - otherwise I won't be in town & I really, really, really want to be here for this)

Location: Tattoo shop. Currently undecided where, but I was thinking Pussykats due to the name, notoriety, and likelyhood I (or PR person) can talk them into it. Otherwise a lot of us have tattoo artists we can ask.

Event: Paw print tattoos at a special price. Choice of dog or cat (maybe others) with variations. There's normally 6 choices during these type of specials.

----Think holiday tattoo specials a lot of the shops give for Friday the 13th 13 tattoos for $13, hearts at Valentine's day, '666' for $6.66 on 6/6/06, etc.

Price: roughly $20 - $30 a tattoo. It's normally around $20 for the (normal) tattoo specials.

T-shirt: I heard we can do t-shirts for events, but is there a ruling that they have to include event dates or chapter names? A friend (who will design the shirt) and I came up with a fun shirt idea, but I was wondering if we can leave out the date, so we can continue to sell that shirt later on, and to other chapters/states, etc.

The design idea is: A zombie going after a cat (or holding it) with a slogan saying something like "Stop feeding zombies snacks, spay your strays."

Assuming this is all approved, I'd really appreciate a better slogan (and help organizing).

Questions: Have we done a press release for any other event yet? Do we have someone that's good at writing one? Do we even need to do them for future events?

Try not to laugh too hard, but I was thinking (assuming we're doing this event) of writing Ellen Degeneres and inviting her to the event. She likes to give things to 'fans' that write in, and she's a HUGE supporter of the Humane Society, ASCPA (animals in general), and I think Zombies doing tattoos to help strays is unique enough we might be read on the air... which means ZS would get national recognition & HCW get another donation to help save animals. It's a small chance for our letter to be picked (I'm sure there's thousands a day), but there's also a change of her actually coming out, or sending a camera (which means even more coverage). It's a long shot, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Mattedfur
ZS Member
ZS Member

Re: Spay the Strays Tattoo Event

Post by Mattedfur » Wed May 13, 2009 1:01 am

What no one has an opinion? Someone has to not like the idea, or know the answers to my t-shirt questions, or think I should try a different shop, or has a local artist. Something. Better tattoo design ideas.

I wanted to plan ahead because I have limited time when I'm home to help.

anungunrama
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead
dawn of the dead
cemetery man
dead alive
day of the dead
land of the dead
shaun of the dead
dead snow
and many, many, many more

Post by anungunrama » Thu May 21, 2009 6:49 am

i think this would be a really cool event and as far as the shirts go i would agree with leaving the date off would be a good idea

EeRie
Favorite Zombie Movies: all of them

Post by EeRie » Mon May 25, 2009 8:24 pm

ok sorry for the delay on getting back to you on here... This all seems great i've spoken to sandy about it and she is happy to go down and speak with Dirk with you just pin down a day to coordinate with her. hopefully you guy can get some details pinned down before the next meeting on the 18th so that we can get this done in time. Plus with approval from pussykats we can move forward pinning down the details. i love your idea about contacting the show just prior to doing so let me know so that i can keep HQ in the loop. Call or email me if you need Sandy's number to coordinate a time to go talk to Dirk or other tattoo shops as this is the step needed prior to moving forward. Once we get the shop and charity on board with a date locked in i will send in the event request to make it official. I think this is a great and unique event idea please let me know if there is any help I can be!
LasVegasWeekly.com wrote:“If you can survive a zombie apocalypse, you can survive anything,” said Eerie. As the founder of the Vegas chapter/comic relief/skirt chasing degenerate/drunk... Eerie established ZS 009 in January as a way for more colorful members of our community to get involved in activism.
ZSC:009
"Don't gamble with your life, Be Prepared!"

Mattedfur
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Mattedfur » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:52 pm

just making a note here, because I will forget by tomorrow. We should also encourage people to donate items such as cat/dog food, litter, pet beds & toys, etc. Whatever an animal would need. HCWS greatly appreciates that stuff too.

anungunrama
dawn of the dead
cemetery man
dead alive
day of the dead
land of the dead
shaun of the dead
dead snow

Post by anungunrama » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:36 pm

this seems like a really cool event and looks like a lot of planning for it is already done..would be nice if we could have the blood drive before for the ones of us who havent gotten tattooed in the last year and want to give blood..but i understand if we end up getting this one set up before the other

EeRie

Post by EeRie » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:01 pm

date has been confirmed for August 22nd pending ZSHQ approval..
LasVegasWeekly.com wrote:“If you can survive a zombie apocalypse, you can survive anything,” said Eerie. As the founder of the Vegas chapter/comic relief/skirt chasing degenerate/drunk... Eerie established ZS 009 in January as a way for more colorful members of our community to get involved in activism.

anungunrama
dawn of the dead
cemetery man
dead alive
day of the dead
land of the dead
shaun of the dead
dead snow

Post by anungunrama » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:00 pm

what are the details on this event? like where's it gonna be held at (the pussycat tattoo shop right?) and what all is going to be going on during it?

EeRie

Post by EeRie » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:19 pm

i know your the only one who reads our forumz so was lazy with posting detail but since you ask yes pusskats is on board we are doing tattos for $30 with proceeds to benifit the feral cat program, posabily having band play and pet themed art oin the gallery net to the shop... we will have a merch table and i belive human socity will have someone there to event will go from 10am to 6pm... more detail on the meeting on the 16th this month... also wont wont need a ride to the meeting got myself some new transpo
anungunrama wrote:what are the details on this event? like where's it gonna be held at (the pussycat tattoo shop right?) and what all is going to be going on during it?

Hooligan

Post by Hooligan » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:26 pm

EeRie wrote:i know your the only one who reads our forumz so was lazy with posting detail but since you ask yes pusskats is on board we are doing tattos for $30 with proceeds to benifit the feral cat program, posabily having band play and pet themed art oin the gallery net to the shop... we will have a merch table and i belive human socity will have someone there to event will go from 10am to 6pm... more detail on the meeting on the 16th this month... also wont wont need a ride to the meeting got myself some new transpo
anungunrama wrote:what are the details on this event? like where's it gonna be held at (the pussycat tattoo shop right?) and what all is going to be going on during it?
LoL i read the forums from time to time........

EeRie

Post by EeRie » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:49 am

LOL glad someone eles does... heres the up dates...

Hooligan wrote:
EeRie wrote:i know your the only one who reads our forumz so was lazy with posting detail but since you ask yes pusskats is on board we are doing tattos for $30 with proceeds to benifit the feral cat program, posabily having band play and pet themed art oin the gallery net to the shop... we will have a merch table and i belive human socity will have someone there to event will go from 10am to 6pm... more detail on the meeting on the 16th this month... also wont wont need a ride to the meeting got myself some new transpo
LoL i read the forums from time to time........

Return to “ZSC:009”