Paddle/Camping Trip in the ADKs, August 10-12

Forum for the New York chapter members.

Moderator: ZS Chapter Volunteers

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD04, Special Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 ______ Later

Paddle/Camping Trip in the ADKs, August 10-12

Post by Jamie » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:17 pm

http://goo.gl/maps/v4UG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - A google map with all of the information you need to come on a fun trip I'll be going on in the ADKs this August.

Jamie
"I don't want to survive. I want to live. " - Captain B. McCrea

My Blog and website, dealing largely with my writing projects...I've published two novels, "Here Be Monsters" and "Caretakers", along with a pair of eBooks, "Mickey Slips" and "Bound for Home"...check them out!

Bunsen

Re: Paddle/Camping Trip in the ADKs, August 10-12

Post by Bunsen » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:00 pm

This looks like a great trip. I'd love to do this in my guide boat, but while my shoulder is finally getting back into useable shape after I re-injured it this spring (yeah, I'm a dumbass), I'm not sure if it's going to be ready to row nearly twenty miles in two days. Plan B would be to paddle left-handed in a tandem canoe; anybody interested?

Also, hope for clear nights. The Perseid meteor shower should be peaking either late Saturday (the wee hours of Sunday, really) or Sunday night. It's not forecast to be a particularly strong one this year, but it's still a good excuse to seek dark skies.

Bunsen

Post by Bunsen » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:40 pm

Is anybody else coming? I was expecting more replies by now...

Anyway, I tried a short (~1.5 mile) test row last week, and while it felt fine while I was on the water, my shoulder spent the next three days telling me it really didn't appreciate that. So it's left-handed canoe paddling for me. Now I just need a canoe and another paddler.

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD04, Special Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 ______ Later

Post by Jamie » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:37 pm

Bunsen wrote:Is anybody else coming? I was expecting more replies by now...

Anyway, I tried a short (~1.5 mile) test row last week, and while it felt fine while I was on the water, my shoulder spent the next three days telling me it really didn't appreciate that. So it's left-handed canoe paddling for me. Now I just need a canoe and another paddler.
there is some response on FB...should be 5-6 people...

https://www.facebook.com/events/340071239395513/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ZSNY is something of a zombie chapter within the ZS family... :wink:

J

My Blog and website, dealing largely with my writing projects...I've published two novels, "Here Be Monsters" and "Caretakers", along with a pair of eBooks, "Mickey Slips" and "Bound for Home"...check them out!

Bunsen

Post by Bunsen » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:37 pm

Ahh, I see all the planning has moved to the faceborg hive mind. Hmm, try to plan boat sharing indirectly, or make a throwaway facebook account... Decisions, decisions.

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Jamie » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:50 pm

Good luck with that...

J

CrackMunk
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: "FIDO"

Post by CrackMunk » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:01 pm

Bun
Bunsen wrote:So it's left-handed canoe paddling for me. Now I just need a canoe and another paddler.
I would take you up on the other paddler but we are in the "same Boat" and we would end up going in circles!
ZSC:007
ZSNYWCT2011 surviver

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Jamie » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:20 am

Just a reminder to everyone planning to attend, we'll be meeting @ 11am on Friday, August 10th, to pack boats and shuttle a few cars to the endpoint of the trip...hoping for paddles-wet before noon.

The meetup coordinates are for the Middle Saranac Boat Launch at Marcy's Bridge, and can be found @ N44.244569,W-74.269016 {approximately ;) }.

See you there and then!

Jamie

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Jamie » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:39 pm

It was a great trip!

Jamie

Sent from my Kindle Fire using the power of bacon!

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Jamie » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:01 pm

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 18d457e29b" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent from my Kindle Fire using the power of bacon!

Return to “INACTIVE - ZSC:007”