ZSNY Ham Radio Practice Camping Trip?

Forum for the New York chapter members.

Moderator: ZS Chapter Volunteers

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD04, Special Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 ______ Later

ZSNY Ham Radio Practice Camping Trip?

Post by Jamie » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:30 am

Howdy ZSNY!

I am playing around with my Ham radio stuff a bit more these days, and would love to get together for a camping trip, and maybe mix a hike or paddle or drive in to the mix to test out gear and repeaters and using comms in the field...

I'd be happy to do it up in my AO, and have ideas about some cool spots, but would be equally happy to do some driving to other parts of NY for a change...

Any interest in setting up something along these lines for some weekend in May or June?

Jamie
"I don't want to survive. I want to live. " - Captain B. McCrea

My Blog and website, dealing largely with my writing projects...I've published two novels, "Here Be Monsters" and "Caretakers", along with a pair of eBooks, "Mickey Slips" and "Bound for Home"...check them out!

Swoop411

Re: ZSNY Ham Radio Practice Camping Trip?

Post by Swoop411 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:44 pm

----------------------------------
Last edited by Swoop411 on Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

macgyver1991

Post by macgyver1991 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:53 pm

I would love to. My calender is full in May but completely empty in June. I would prefer a friday/saturday trip but thats just my 2 cents. It's just that sundays do not work for me.

-George-KC2VZH
"And Here, We, Go!" -Joker, The Dark Knight

MikeM
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Dead series (both the originals and the remakes), The Evil Dead series, Zombies Anonymous, Versus, Night of the Comet, DeadAlive, 28 Days Later, Shaun of the Dead

Post by MikeM » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:34 pm

I'm not into the Ham radio thing, but I could use a weekend away from it all.

I would rather a hike than a paddle trip.

If we are looking to get out of the Dacks and get in a hike there are always the Finger Lakes Trail section hikes. The Mariposa Forest Section is the longest section of wilderness hiking (no on the highway travel) and is South of Syracuse and East of Cortland.

A trip into the Catskills could be a nice change up too if anyone knows of any areas down that way.

-Mike
If I had to guess, I'd say that being eXtreme means you're a pussy but hiding it behind enthusiasm.
-Seanbaby

Arcknitect
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: evil dead, resident evil 1

Post by Arcknitect » Mon May 07, 2012 10:18 pm

Sounds like a fun idea. Things are kind of on hold atm until the cabin gets rebuilt in late May, but June/July are looking nice and open.
"My definition of a free society is a society where it is safe to be unpopular." -Adlai E. Stevenson

Winter Queen - NNYWCT Alum 09,10,11,12

Return to “INACTIVE - ZSC:007”