ZSNY2012WCT Dates - 2/10/12 to 2/12/2012

Forum for the New York chapter members.

Moderator: ZS Chapter Volunteers

Festus Hagen

Re: ZSNY2012WCT Dates - 2/10/12 to 2/12/2012

Post by Festus Hagen » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:20 pm

I'm in. Got a "Ticket To The Moon" Double hammock on it's way to try out, maybe I can fit my entire self and sleeping bag in this one :) I did put in for the Friday off so I can get up there reasonably early.
“What do you say we gather the camp elders; Be perplexed amongst friends?” – Al Swearengen (Deadwood)

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD04, Special Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 ______ Later

Post by Jamie » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:44 pm

Festus Hagen wrote:I'm in. Got a "Ticket To The Moon" Double hammock on it's way to try out, maybe I can fit my entire self and sleeping bag in this one :) I did put in for the Friday off so I can get up there reasonably early.
I'll be there sometime in the morning...to make sure that nobody else takes our spot... :wink:

Jamie
"I don't want to survive. I want to live. " - Captain B. McCrea

My Blog and website, dealing largely with my writing projects...I've published two novels, "Here Be Monsters" and "Caretakers", along with a pair of eBooks, "Mickey Slips" and "Bound for Home"...check them out!

Arcknitect
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: evil dead, resident evil 1

Post by Arcknitect » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:00 am

TheLight + LadiTek - +2 for headcount
"My definition of a free society is a society where it is safe to be unpopular." -Adlai E. Stevenson

Winter Queen - NNYWCT Alum 09,10,11,12

Festus Hagen

Post by Festus Hagen » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:44 pm

Say, has anyone posted over to Hammockforums?
“What do you say we gather the camp elders; Be perplexed amongst friends?” – Al Swearengen (Deadwood)

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD04, Special Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 ______ Later

Post by Jamie » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:02 pm

Just did...

J

My Blog and website, dealing largely with my writing projects...I've published two novels, "Here Be Monsters" and "Caretakers", along with a pair of eBooks, "Mickey Slips" and "Bound for Home"...check them out!

Horatio_Tyllis
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead 2004
Special Dead
Dead before Dawn 3d

Post by Horatio_Tyllis » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:16 pm

Jamie wrote:Bring warm gear, plentiful food, exotic booze, and this trip is definitely a case of "Nut up or shut up!"
I've seriously been considering crashing this, but I finally confirmed, and as such will be camping on a freezing beach on the unforgiving island of grand bahama, with nothing to drink but margaritas and rum cocktails. Wish me luck. :p
Winter driving guide: http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... =6&t=82858" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Zimmy wrote:Intelligent safety conscious fireman snuffing telekinetic golems?
Our heroes are doomed without Gyrojet pistols firing antimatter tipped rockets!

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Jamie » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:23 am

{{{BUMP}}}

A couple of thoughts/things...

1) Does everyone want to bring some dog/cat related stuff to donate to the shelter again this year? Do we want to go, just have me drop it off, walk in the parade on Saturday with some adaptable dogs, huddle at camp and feed the fire?

2) Remote camping - a couple of us tried it last year...a second campsite for the second night a bit further from the cars and such...it was fun, and I'm planning on doing it again (although I'm certain that plenty of people will stay at the basecamp both nights, so no pressure)...

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=202 ... 57e1&msa=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - that link goes to a map of the general area, and my idea for a remote campsite for this year

3) Do people want to bring food and/or drink for a shared meal on Friday night...we've done this before, and it's fun...

Jamie

CrackMunk
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: "FIDO"

Post by CrackMunk » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:16 pm

Jamie wrote:{{{BUMP}}}

A couple of thoughts/things...

1) Does everyone want to bring some dog/cat related stuff to donate to the shelter again this year? Do we want to go, just have me drop it off, walk in the parade on Saturday with some adaptable dogs, huddle at camp and feed the fire?

2) Remote camping - a couple of us tried it last year...a second campsite for the second night a bit further from the cars and such...it was fun, and I'm planning on doing it again (although I'm certain that plenty of people will stay at the basecamp both nights, so no pressure)...

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=202 ... 57e1&msa=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - that link goes to a map of the general area, and my idea for a remote campsite for this year

3) Do people want to bring food and/or drink for a shared meal on Friday night...we've done this before, and it's fun...

Jamie
I'm up for Bringing a donation. But will be staying at camp if you all go to drop it off. I'm still up in the air about remote camping, I'll wait to see how the ice looks. But will pack for it! :) Potluck.....whatever everyone decides is fine. I won't make the chili again :twisted:
ZSC:007
ZSNYWCT2011 surviver

Rush2112

Post by Rush2112 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:40 pm

The Long Life fairy visited me in recently! I've got 25 wheat snack breads and 50 jalapeno cheese packets to munch on for this trip! :twisted:

ETA: I definitely want to try the remote camping this year. I may end up freezing my arse off, but I can't see the point in keeping my HH in one spot if I'm going to own one.

Also, I wanted to do a chicken or somesuch in a hommade oven last year and that fell through on me so I'm hesitant to make promises RE: group meals if I may not keep them again this year.
I Survived NNY2010WCT!
I Survived NNY2011WCT!
Big Mac wrote:Next time you say clip when referring to a magazine, we're cutting your dick off. You have been warned.

Famine
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of The Dead, Night of the Living Dead

Post by Famine » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:04 pm

I'm out for this trip. I was recently hired on full time from a temp, to my company that I started with last year (on this day, even, wow). One of the perks of this is that I've got great job security and real benefits. The downside is that the day off I arranged as a temp doesn't carry over now that I'm full time, and have to use my earned time off. As I've only been hired full time 4 weeks ago, I don't have a days time off. I generally get out of work at 2:30 pm on Fridays, but the drive would put me there past dark, and driving up Saturday for one night wouldn't compute if I get asked to work on Saturday.

This really stinks.
NNYWCT Alum! We Bug Out Harder!
crypto wrote:Well, if you are thinking of moving into a house, and all the signs on the street every 50 feet warn in giant block letters: GUNS WILL BE TAKEN IF THERE IS MORE THAN 3 INCHES OF SNOW, you may want to re-think living there.

MikeM
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Dead series (both the originals and the remakes), The Evil Dead series, Zombies Anonymous, Versus, Night of the Comet, DeadAlive, 28 Days Later, Shaun of the Dead

Post by MikeM » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:11 pm

Hey, employment in this economy (especially in NY) is nothing to complain about.
There will be more trips.

-Mike
If I had to guess, I'd say that being eXtreme means you're a pussy but hiding it behind enthusiasm.
-Seanbaby

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Jamie » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:32 pm

Famine wrote:I'm out for this trip. I was recently hired on full time from a temp, to my company that I started with last year (on this day, even, wow). One of the perks of this is that I've got great job security and real benefits. The downside is that the day off I arranged as a temp doesn't carry over now that I'm full time, and have to use my earned time off. As I've only been hired full time 4 weeks ago, I don't have a days time off. I generally get out of work at 2:30 pm on Fridays, but the drive would put me there past dark, and driving up Saturday for one night wouldn't compute if I get asked to work on Saturday.

This really stinks.
Sorry to hear that man!

Jamie

Famine
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of The Dead, Night of the Living Dead

Post by Famine » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:16 pm

MikeM wrote:There will be more trips.
I'll take "Things that Mike says when he bails on ZSNY Trips, for a thousand Alex!"

:lol:
NNYWCT Alum! We Bug Out Harder!
crypto wrote:Well, if you are thinking of moving into a house, and all the signs on the street every 50 feet warn in giant block letters: GUNS WILL BE TAKEN IF THERE IS MORE THAN 3 INCHES OF SNOW, you may want to re-think living there.

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Jamie » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:21 am

Famine wrote:
MikeM wrote:There will be more trips.
I'll take "Things that Mike says when he bails on ZSNY Trips, for a thousand Alex!"

:lol:
As the Dalai Lama once said to me while we were sipping some bourbon, "that seems a bit like the pot calling the sour grapes Alanis Morisette, n'est pas?"...

Jamie

MikeM
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Dead series (both the originals and the remakes), The Evil Dead series, Zombies Anonymous, Versus, Night of the Comet, DeadAlive, 28 Days Later, Shaun of the Dead

Post by MikeM » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:57 am

I'm used to all the jealousy by now. It's a burden that the handsome and beloved must endure from lesser beings. 8-) Namaste
If I had to guess, I'd say that being eXtreme means you're a pussy but hiding it behind enthusiasm.
-Seanbaby

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Jamie » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:03 pm

It rained all day today, and we've lost most of our snow in my part of the ADKS...

BOOOOO!!!

Jamie

MikeM

Post by MikeM » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:12 pm

What's the mud level looking like. Our ground is absolutely destroyed down here by the constant thaw and refreeze. We tried hiking and were sinking in ankle deep with every step.
-Seanbaby

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Jamie » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:00 am

No Mud to speak of...it gets cold enough at night to keep things frozen-ish...the ice castle is still standing, although a bit ugly...

Jamie

Arcknitect
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by Arcknitect » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:19 am

Famine wrote:I'm out for this trip. I was recently hired on full time from a temp, to my company that I started with last year (on this day, even, wow). One of the perks of this is that I've got great job security and real benefits. The downside is that the day off I arranged as a temp doesn't carry over now that I'm full time, and have to use my earned time off. As I've only been hired full time 4 weeks ago, I don't have a days time off. I generally get out of work at 2:30 pm on Fridays, but the drive would put me there past dark, and driving up Saturday for one night wouldn't compute if I get asked to work on Saturday.

This really stinks.
Kevin,
I also just had a work emergency and our software consultants will be in the office all next week. Lucky me is point of contact and can't leave until they fix the mess. I've got my fingers crossed that my team pulls off a miracle and it's fixed before Friday, but we may be able to pull a bunsen and get there late Friday. I'd be hopping mad if I miss using my xmas gift completely. Keep you posted.
"My definition of a free society is a society where it is safe to be unpopular." -Adlai E. Stevenson

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Jamie » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:23 am

The long-range weather looks great for those still coming...20s during the day, single digits at night...not much chance of precip...

Jamie

MikeM

Post by MikeM » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:00 am

Barring last minute emergencies, I'm coming up early-ish Friday (hope to be there by 12 or 1)
-Seanbaby

Bunsen

Post by Bunsen » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:12 pm

Jamie wrote:The long-range weather looks great for those still coming...20s during the day, single digits at night...not much chance of precip...

Jamie
That's very good to hear. I was starting to wonder if I'd need to bring the hammock to stay out of the mud. I'm guessing it's been consistently cold enough to keep the ponds safe for hiking?

Now if we could just get some decent snow... I'm in withdrawal over here. Haven't been able to get the snowshoes out once this season.

Also, I'm going to try not to pull a Bunsen this time. Target arrival time is 1400 Friday.

Arcknitect
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by Arcknitect » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:16 am

Looks like my office will be keeping me hopping until Friday afternoon after all. Derek has very kindly offered to wait for me since there is only one bus or train a day that heads to Saranac apperantly. We will be driving to Albany Friday night and meet you all Satureday morning.

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Jamie » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:00 am

laditek wrote:Looks like my office will be keeping me hopping until Friday afternoon after all. Derek has very kindly offered to wait for me since there is only one bus or train a day that heads to Saranac apperantly. We will be driving to Albany Friday night and meet you all Satureday morning.
Sad to hear that you're stuck in the office on Friday, but very glad that you'll be joining us on Saturday!

Jamie

Return to “INACTIVE - ZSC:007”