ZSNY2012WCT Dates - 2/10/12 to 2/12/2012

Forum for the New York chapter members.

Moderator: ZS Chapter Volunteers

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD04, Special Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 ______ Later

Post by Jamie » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:33 pm

Our 5th Annual WCT will be from 2/10/12 to 2/12/12 @ the usual Polliwog Pond location (roughly N 44 20.380 W 074 21.030)!

Bring warm gear, plentiful food, exotic booze, and this trip is definitely a case of "Nut up or shut up!"

More to follow...

Jamie
"I don't want to survive. I want to live. " - Captain B. McCrea

My Blog and website, dealing largely with my writing projects...I've published two novels, "Here Be Monsters" and "Caretakers", along with a pair of eBooks, "Mickey Slips" and "Bound for Home"...check them out!

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD04, Special Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 ______ Later

Re: ZSNY2012WCT Thread

Post by Jamie » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:01 pm

I just figured out that this will be our fifth time doing this trip!

Jamie

My Blog and website, dealing largely with my writing projects...I've published two novels, "Here Be Monsters" and "Caretakers", along with a pair of eBooks, "Mickey Slips" and "Bound for Home"...check them out!

Arcknitect
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: evil dead, resident evil 1

Post by Arcknitect » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:18 pm

Sweet! Good timing Jamie, I was just looking for this thread :) Feburary is clear for me so far, but Derek has a major project deadline and will be in limbo for a while. Darn, and I just found him wool pants. Any special liquor in mind for the 5 year milestone?
"My definition of a free society is a society where it is safe to be unpopular." -Adlai E. Stevenson

Winter Queen - NNYWCT Alum 09,10,11,12

SirSharpe
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by SirSharpe » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:59 am

laditek wrote:Sweet! Good timing Jamie, I was just looking for this thread
Ditto. Mailman just gave me a 2012 calandar and the first thing I did was check the best dates in Febuary for WCT. Any dates that weekend should be good for me.
Know thyself; everything in moderation-

Famine
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of The Dead, Night of the Living Dead

Post by Famine » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:39 am

I'll be there come hell or high snow.

Kevin
NNYWCT Alum! We Bug Out Harder!
crypto wrote:Well, if you are thinking of moving into a house, and all the signs on the street every 50 feet warn in giant block letters: GUNS WILL BE TAKEN IF THERE IS MORE THAN 3 INCHES OF SNOW, you may want to re-think living there.

CrackMunk
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: "FIDO"

Post by CrackMunk » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:31 pm

I'll be there!
I'm working on under insulation (not UQ) for my hammock, but have to try it out first. lots of bugs to work out.
ZSC:007
ZSNYWCT2011 surviver

thelight
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead, Special Dead, Evil Dead, Army of Darkness

Post by thelight » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:41 pm

All dates in February are equally crappy for me. Doesn't mean I won't be there though. So either day will work, just need to know ahead of time so I can arrange for the time off.

Really looking forward to it. I'll be testing out my Christmas present this year! Details on that to follow, though.
"All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."
~Winston Churchill

Image http://www.theendofthetunnel.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rush2112 wrote:TheLight is a pot-kicking man-ape gone wrong. But we still love him and his ability to carry entire trees at once.

MikeM
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Dead series (both the originals and the remakes), The Evil Dead series, Zombies Anonymous, Versus, Night of the Comet, DeadAlive, 28 Days Later, Shaun of the Dead

Post by MikeM » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:40 pm

I'll be packing heavy and warm, not even a tip of my hat to UL.
Hoping for a range day so I can test the Fail Zero bolt versus ADK in Winter.

-Mike
If I had to guess, I'd say that being eXtreme means you're a pussy but hiding it behind enthusiasm.
-Seanbaby

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Jamie » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:59 am

I think I'm ready to pull the trigger, and go with the Friday to Sunday dates, 2/10 to 2/12...

Jamie

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Jamie » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:05 am

{{{BUMP}}}

If nobody speaks up, I'll post that we're going with Friday 2/10 to Sunday 2/12...

Jamie

SirSharpe
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by SirSharpe » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:35 am

Jamie wrote:{{{BUMP}}}

If nobody speaks up, I'll post that we're going with Friday 2/10 to Sunday 2/12...

Jamie

Seconded.
Know thyself; everything in moderation-

MikeM
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Dead series (both the originals and the remakes), The Evil Dead series, Zombies Anonymous, Versus, Night of the Comet, DeadAlive, 28 Days Later, Shaun of the Dead

Post by MikeM » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:11 am

Friday start dates are always better for me, so I say go for it.
If I had to guess, I'd say that being eXtreme means you're a pussy but hiding it behind enthusiasm.
-Seanbaby

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Jamie » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:47 pm

Mark it in your calendars, it's official, the 5th Annual ZSNY Winter Camping Trip is planned for the weekend of February 10 (Friday) through February 12 (Sunday).

Cold weather, deep snow, frozen booze, bonfires, exotic gear to show/see/covet, and a variety of fun activities (that in the past have included: range trips, zombie movies, trips to the animal shelter to walk dire-wolfs, snowshoe & pulk hikes and/or remote camping, and snowshelter construction and testing) are just some of the awesome things that await you if you're dumb enough to come...

It's a great time, and we hope that you'll join us!

Jamie

Bunsen

Re: ZSNY2012WCT Dates - 2/10/12 to 2/12/2012

Post by Bunsen » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:55 am

Jamie wrote:Cold weather, deep snow, frozen booze (or 30s and wet everything), bonfires, exotic gear to show/see/covet, and a variety of fun activities (that in the past have included: range trips, zombie movies, trips to the animal shelter to walk dire-wolfs (and chihuahuas), snowshoe & pulk hikes and/or remote camping, and snowshelter construction and testing) are just some of the awesome things that await you if you're dumb enough to come...
I don't know if I'll have time to make it this year (writing a doctoral dissertation is a pain in the ass), but I'll sure as hell try.

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Jamie » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:11 am

Bunsen wrote:
Jamie wrote:Cold weather, deep snow, frozen booze (or 30s and wet everything), bonfires, exotic gear to show/see/covet, and a variety of fun activities (that in the past have included: range trips, zombie movies, trips to the animal shelter to walk dire-wolfs (and chihuahuas), snowshoe & pulk hikes and/or remote camping, and snowshelter construction and testing) are just some of the awesome things that await you if you're dumb enough to come...
I don't know if I'll have time to make it this year (writing a doctoral dissertation is a pain in the ass), but I'll sure as hell try.
I can hook up my inverter and laptop and set up the Element as a writer's cabin...

J

sl0wjack

Post by sl0wjack » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:41 pm

Where is this camping trip going to take place? I'm free. Have to get my kit all sorted out.

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Jamie » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:57 pm

sl0wjack wrote:Where is this camping trip going to take place? I'm free. Have to get my kit all sorted out.
Polliwog Pond, between Saranac Lake and Tupper Lake, at roughly N 44 20.380 W 074 21.030.

Jamie

CrackMunk
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by CrackMunk » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:59 am

How's the wood situation? I can bring some wood up with me, maybe about a nights worth.
just got the fry pan & pot for the Jet Boil for christmas. Can't wait to try it out. The YouTube vids of it look promising.
ZSNYWCT2011 surviver

Arcknitect
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: evil dead, resident evil 1

Post by Arcknitect » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:24 am

Santa knows I needed some new gear to play with. A new down coat for me and a tipi/tigoat setup for theLight and I. And yes, theLight got not one, but two new pairs of winter pants that fit, and found a place to get base layers for giants. More info on the new setup when it arrives.

Also, I have a coworker crazy enough to want to winter camp so we will be bringing the tent for him. He will not take up the whole tent so if anyone wants to bunk with him they are more than welcome.
"My definition of a free society is a society where it is safe to be unpopular." -Adlai E. Stevenson

Winter Queen - NNYWCT Alum 09,10,11,12

CrackMunk
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by CrackMunk » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:20 pm

laditek wrote:Santa knows I needed some new gear to play with. A new down coat for me and a tipi/tigoat setup for theLight and I. And yes, theLight got not one, but two new pairs of winter pants that fit, and found a place to get base layers for giants. More info on the new setup when it arrives.

Also, I have a coworker crazy enough to want to winter camp so we will be bringing the tent for him. He will not take up the whole tent so if anyone wants to bunk with him they are more than welcome.
I was looking at a tipi and stove set up. would love to check out your setup before spending the money.
ZSNYWCT2011 surviver

MikeM

Post by MikeM » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:11 pm

I'm really thinking about trying some different things this year.
My projects so far:
Insultex top blanket and under blanket for the hammock
removable stove annex for the 12x12 tarp

I also want to go a different way with food this year, so that I can be sure to get enough calories and stay warmer. I'm planning on some real food cooking to go along with the Mt House.

I'll be bringing the sled and snow shoes, so even with a heavy ass luxury load I can get around.
-Seanbaby

Famine
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of The Dead, Night of the Living Dead

Post by Famine » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:44 am

MikeM wrote:I'm really thinking about trying some different things this year.

Like staying all weekend? Image
NNYWCT Alum! We Bug Out Harder!
crypto wrote:Well, if you are thinking of moving into a house, and all the signs on the street every 50 feet warn in giant block letters: GUNS WILL BE TAKEN IF THERE IS MORE THAN 3 INCHES OF SNOW, you may want to re-think living there.

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Jamie » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:41 am

Bumped because I merged the WCT threads, and to get a headcount:

Jamie - 1

MikeM

Post by MikeM » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:08 am

Famine wrote:
MikeM wrote:I'm really thinking about trying some different things this year.

Like staying all weekend?
Need I point out that I got there a day earlier than you, and only left a day sooner? :P
Seems like you have a convenient recollection there, but don't worry, I made up for the few missed ZS trips by doing several dozen trips locally in the same time period including a Winter campout in the middle of a blizzard with Sir Sharpe that included a snow shoe trip to an abandoned squatter's camp, funny but I didn't see you on that one. 8-)
-Seanbaby

Return to “INACTIVE - ZSC:007”