CNY/WNY meeting?

Forum for the New York chapter members.

Moderator: ZS Chapter Volunteers

MikeM
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Dead series (both the originals and the remakes), The Evil Dead series, Zombies Anonymous, Versus, Night of the Comet, DeadAlive, 28 Days Later, Shaun of the Dead

CNY/WNY meeting?

Post by MikeM » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:34 am

So, the Northern, Eastern and urban feeding ground are all having meetings. Any interest in setting up monthly or bi-monthly meetings in the CNY or WNY area?

I'd be up for traveling to the Finger Lakes area or up to Syracuse for a central-ish location.

Chime in and let me know what the general feeling is on this regional expansion.

-Mike
If I had to guess, I'd say that being eXtreme means you're a pussy but hiding it behind enthusiasm.
-Seanbaby

matt131
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombie Land, Resident Evil: Apocalypse, Dawn of the Dead

Re: CNY/WNY meeting?

Post by matt131 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:33 pm

I am new to the group and very interested in a wny area meeting. Im in buffalo but would be more than willing to travel to rochester or another cny place.

Rich219

Post by Rich219 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:29 am

Mike,

I'm up for a WNY meet. Maybe some place between Syracuse and Buffalo.

MikeM
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Dead series (both the originals and the remakes), The Evil Dead series, Zombies Anonymous, Versus, Night of the Comet, DeadAlive, 28 Days Later, Shaun of the Dead

Post by MikeM » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:11 am

Sounds like the interest is definitely shifting further West rather than central.

Maybe we need a dedicated WNY meeting?

The issue I have is that I'm a solid 3hrs from Rochester so this would not be a meeting that I could make regularly.

Anyone want to step up and organize a Roch/Buff area meeting, and I'll focus on the Syr/Bing/Utica area?

-Mike
If I had to guess, I'd say that being eXtreme means you're a pussy but hiding it behind enthusiasm.
-Seanbaby

Rich219

Post by Rich219 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:18 pm

What is suppose to be covered during these meet ups? I may be able to organize something in the next few weeks.

MikeM

Post by MikeM » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:50 am

Meet and greet, talk about trip ideas, charity ideas, and how to get more members.
Also a great chance to get non-internet savvy individuals involved and to meet in a safe public environment before we ask people to wander off into the woods with us :twisted:

-Mike
-Seanbaby

Bunsen

Post by Bunsen » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:30 pm

MikeM wrote:and to meet in a safe public environment before we ask people to wander off into the woods with us :twisted:
Heh.

I'd also be interested in a meeting out in this half of the state. I'm not too sure about my odds of making it, though, so I won't lobby too hard to have it held close to Buffalo.

Also, welcome to matt131! Good to see somebody else out this way.

matt131
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombie Land, Resident Evil: Apocalypse, Dawn of the Dead

Post by matt131 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:48 pm

So is this idea dead?

PWA2600
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days/28 Weeks Later.
The Walking Dead TV Series.
Resident Evil Series.
Others.

Post by PWA2600 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:19 pm

All,

This sounds like it could have some merit; it is unfortunate that the majority of 007 lives on the East side of the state. The limited number we do have in the central and western side of NY; I would say Rochester is the median for both Buffalo, and Syracuse. We just need to get more people involved and join ZS, so we can have regular meetings/get togethers.

I will not commit to anything, such as being a meeting coordinator; but I do live in the Rochester area if that helps.

Thoughts?

Chris
"You do not truly own anything that you can't carry in both arms at a dead run"
- Robert A. Heinlein

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith"
-2 Timothy 4:7

"It's better to die on your feet than live on your knees."
- Emiliano Zapata Salazar

MikeM

Post by MikeM » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:29 pm

I think the issue comes down to the huge spread between Central and Western NY, which makes such a thing as monthly meetings difficult.

I think a meet and greet, centered around an event (a gun show, movie, convention etc) would be the most feasible venue at this point. That way there are several reasons for the meeting.

This is something worth planning for the Spring if someone knows of a worthwhile event.
-Seanbaby

Famine
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of The Dead, Night of the Living Dead

Post by Famine » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:03 pm

Mike, if you do manage to hold together a meeting, I'd like to be there for the first one.
NNYWCT Alum! We Bug Out Harder!
crypto wrote:Well, if you are thinking of moving into a house, and all the signs on the street every 50 feet warn in giant block letters: GUNS WILL BE TAKEN IF THERE IS MORE THAN 3 INCHES OF SNOW, you may want to re-think living there.

Horatio_Tyllis
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead 2004
Special Dead
Dead before Dawn 3d

Post by Horatio_Tyllis » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:01 pm

So will I. Inter chapter co-operation and all. Doesn't hurt that I (and my chapter) are in Niagara Falls.
Winter driving guide: http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... =6&t=82858" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Zimmy wrote:Intelligent safety conscious fireman snuffing telekinetic golems?
Our heroes are doomed without Gyrojet pistols firing antimatter tipped rockets!

Rocco71

Post by Rocco71 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:23 pm

Hey all. Name is Rocco and I live in the Rochester area. I am ready to start meetings here if anyone is interested. Please pm me or shoot me an email at r.vallerand@hotmail.com
I have the enthusiasm and drive to really get something going here but I need help. Let me know!
In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.
-Theodore Roosevelt

jtnccc116
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombie land

Post by jtnccc116 » Sun May 13, 2012 8:26 pm

I might be able to make a Syracuse meeting, that is only an hour north of me. let me know if your around auburn or Ithaca. thanks :D
Joseph T Nauseef

roykin
Favorite Zombie Movies: zombieland and i know its not a movie but the walking dead

Post by roykin » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:00 am

i live in watertown and should be able to attened some meetings
12 bravo u.s. army
0331 u.s.m.c.

pj_01

Post by pj_01 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:03 am

Hey just a thought i know that since the area is such a long distance between each of us. for me i am 2 hours away from buffalo as well as rochester. I was thinking we at least get a group listing together

maybe tell us the area you are in so we can pin a central location that everyone can drive to. say a park or campground someplace.

i wont tell you where i live exactly but i will narrow it down to a 20 mile radias from a town that is shown on any map. of course you who live in the citys could easily say i live in rochester or buffalo. i will at least say i live near Hornell NY. but i can be anyplace within 400 square miles so my OPSEC is still in place.

another option if everyone is interested would be a live chat room session for a meeting something like that we may not be able to get face to face like our eastern counterparts but we can at least get to know everyone and their skill sets.

Return to “INACTIVE - ZSC:007”