Monthly Meetings in NYC

Forum for the New York chapter members.

Moderator: ZS Chapter Volunteers

thelight
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead, Special Dead, Evil Dead, Army of Darkness

Monthly Meetings in NYC

Post by thelight » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:33 am

Since so much interest is coming up thanks to HQ being on the history channel, we should capitalize on it!

I propose a monthly meeting in NYC, the heart of doom-town in a zombocalypse.

When: Second Wednesday of the month, 7PM.
Where: Damned good question. Let's start with the Sony Atrium on Madison Avenue between 56th and 55th streets (behind the Sony store at 550 Madison Avenue).
Who: Anyone interested that can make it
What: A meeting to discus Zombies, Charity, and Preparedness in NYC.
Why: Because it seems like a good idea right now.

Please let me know what you think about dates, times, and topics.

Edited to change meeting day/time to new day (From Mondays to Wednesdays)
"All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."
~Winston Churchill

Image http://www.theendofthetunnel.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rush2112 wrote:TheLight is a pot-kicking man-ape gone wrong. But we still love him and his ability to carry entire trees at once.

DocWesley

Re: Monthly Meetings in NYC

Post by DocWesley » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:20 pm

I'm down my schedule is mad packed so let me know when well in advance so i can schedule.
Doc Wesley

"In our world the title DOC doesn't come from some fancy degree... I'm a Combat Medic and I will ALWAYS come for you"

thelight
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead, Special Dead, Evil Dead, Army of Darkness

Post by thelight » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:17 pm

Well, the last Monday of the month would be this coming Monday.

All: If you're interested in a meeting but can't make it, please post days/times that would work better for you. Right now the day/time of the meeting will be flexible, and we can always have special meetings for events and the like.
What are people's interests as far as meeting topics go?
"All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."
~Winston Churchill

Image http://www.theendofthetunnel.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rush2112 wrote:TheLight is a pot-kicking man-ape gone wrong. But we still love him and his ability to carry entire trees at once.

jor-el

Post by jor-el » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:09 pm

I don't think I'll have mondays off till the new year.

Borrowing a page from the OWS people, perhaps someone could volunteer to setup a youtube channel or something like that?
My son, you will travel far, but never be alone, for I am with you, my M14 and battle axe comfort you.

JerseyDevilZS
Favorite Zombie Movies: ZombieLand, The Evil Dead, Army Of Darkness, Shaun Of The Dead, Pet Cemetery, The Return of the Living Dead, Dawn Of The Dead (original Version), Day Of The Dead, Re-Animator, Night Of The Living Dead, My Boyfriend's Back, Night of the Comet....I think I can stop there lol.

Post by JerseyDevilZS » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:37 am

Man I wished I could have joined a day earlier....DAMN! lol. Well seeing how I just joined I would love to meet up on Mondays, let me know if there's another meet in the city and I will be there.
- Dave >:]

thelight
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by thelight » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:00 am

We had the meeting last night and it went pretty well. We went over the basics of what Zombie Squad is, what Chapter 007 has done in the past, and where we might take it in the future. It looks like several people are hoping for a Wednesday meetup, so that's what I'd like to propose to the group.

General Meetings on the second Wednesday of the month sound good to people? We'll keep the 7PM time and Sony Atrium meeting location for the general meetings. Other events will be scheduled for different days and times. This means the next meeting will be Wednesday, November 9th.
jor-el wrote:I don't think I'll have mondays off till the new year.
Borrowing a page from the OWS people, perhaps someone could volunteer to setup a youtube channel or something like that?
Great idea! So the idea would be to record the meetings and upload them to youtube? I think I have a camera that can do that... I'll look into it.
~Winston Churchill

JerseyDevilZS
Favorite Zombie Movies: ZombieLand, The Evil Dead, Army Of Darkness, Shaun Of The Dead, Pet Cemetery, The Return of the Living Dead, Dawn Of The Dead (original Version), Day Of The Dead, Re-Animator, Night Of The Living Dead, My Boyfriend's Back, Night of the Comet....I think I can stop there lol.

Post by JerseyDevilZS » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:40 pm

Sucks to hear that I missed that last night, but I'm off Monday-Wednesday...so Wednesday is still doable >:]. Can't wait to be apart of ZSC:007
- Dave >:]

ais4122
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later

Post by ais4122 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:51 am

Glad to see a regular NYC area meeting springing up.
Aim small, Miss small

http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... =6&t=30558" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sledgecrowbar
Favorite Zombie Movies: I actually had WWZ up here way, way before it was actually announced. That was a pretty tremendous let-down. Seriously, read the book, it is one of the best things I've ever read.

Post by Sledgecrowbar » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:51 pm

I was looking for an excuse to get out and do something, but I work late every other Wednesday, and next week is that one. Any chance of a weekend gathering (in addition to regular meetings)? It'd be nice to hang out with fellow Squad members and not have to think about work the next morning. Not necessarily party-til-you-puke hanging out, but a bona fide night out with friends.

How many folks drive to this, anyway? I know parking anywhere in Manhattan on weekends is like shoveling floodwater, I would make it a quest to locate a Winchester next door to a train station in NJ. I was thinking Brooklyn to preserve it being an NYC meet, and there are some nice spots, but parking is only marginally better. I'm asking for ideas.
Braxton wrote:Well my days of not taking ZS seriously are certainly coming to a middle.
Brotherbadger wrote:
crypto wrote:No honest man needs to staple more than 10 pages.
Just get a two ring binder. It's perfect for close range paper holding, and it won't go through drywall. Not to mention the sound of you opening and closing it will make the paper automatically fall in line.

thelight
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by thelight » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:10 am

We talked about a wide range of items at last night's meeting. Here's a summary.
  • ZS is awesome, here's why...
  • We have a upcoming pub crawl! https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=149165311844178" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (Saturday, November 19 · 12:00pm - 10:00pm)
  • There is a trip to "The Road" in PA coming up. http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 98&t=84674" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (Friday, January 13 to Sunday. Carpooling possible/encouraged)
  • There is a winter camping trip in the ADKs coming up.
  • People want to shoot things. Let's work on a trip for that.
  • We need to do more outreach in NYC. Anyone have any connections to disaster fairs, community groups, etc?
The next monthly meeting is Wednesday, December 14th.

Sledgecrowbar et al, hope to see you at the pub crawl!
~Winston Churchill

.milFox

Post by .milFox » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:41 pm

Damn, wish I wasn't in VA right now.

Welp, at least I can go buy some more guns :P

thelight
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by thelight » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:50 pm

.milFox wrote:Damn, wish I wasn't in VA right now.

Welp, at least I can go buy some more guns :P
Yeah yeah... rub it in... :lol:
~Winston Churchill

Arcknitect
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: evil dead, resident evil 1

Post by Arcknitect » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:28 pm

REMINDER: December ZS meeting this Wednesday, December 14th at 7pm

Where: Sony Atrium on 56th Street between 5th Ave and Lex.

Topic: Winter preparedness

We'll be moving to another establishment afterwards for food/drinks
"My definition of a free society is a society where it is safe to be unpopular." -Adlai E. Stevenson

Winter Queen - NNYWCT Alum 09,10,11,12

DocWesley

Post by DocWesley » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:46 pm

Hey everyone,

Sorry I haven't made any meetings yet but I just finished finals Tuesday
and I'm free to do a little more now I know the next meeting isnt till jan
but if anyone is getting together before then let me know! If not I'll see
y'all in jan!
Doc Wesley

"In our world the title DOC doesn't come from some fancy degree... I'm a Combat Medic and I will ALWAYS come for you"

Sledgecrowbar
Favorite Zombie Movies: I actually had WWZ up here way, way before it was actually announced. That was a pretty tremendous let-down. Seriously, read the book, it is one of the best things I've ever read.

Post by Sledgecrowbar » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:37 pm

I wish I had stopped in on this thread sooner, November was nice weather IIRC. I'm getting over a cold or I would have loved to go to PA last weekend. It's downright terrible weather out now, I think I'll decline everything until it's back above 40 degrees again.

That might be my stuffy head complaining, though. I'm eyeing a badass Carhartt coverall for riding through the winter if I get cabin fever before it's warm again (which always happens, and it's a Very Bad Thing). It's confounding, what Klim wants for similar gear.

Being stuck inside makes me buy things on the internet.
Braxton wrote:Well my days of not taking ZS seriously are certainly coming to a middle.
Brotherbadger wrote:
Just get a two ring binder. It's perfect for close range paper holding, and it won't go through drywall. Not to mention the sound of you opening and closing it will make the paper automatically fall in line.

Arcknitect
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: evil dead, resident evil 1

Post by Arcknitect » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:13 pm

::bump::

It's been awhile since we had a NYC meeting. Does anyone have any preference as to place or date for a June meeting?

TheLight and I have been brewing some plans for a glamping trip in Harriman Park to just get out of the city. Any takers? It would be a nice trip for folks who have not had a chance to test out gear and spend some time outside close by.
"My definition of a free society is a society where it is safe to be unpopular." -Adlai E. Stevenson

Winter Queen - NNYWCT Alum 09,10,11,12

Sledgecrowbar

Post by Sledgecrowbar » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:25 pm

I did Harriman last year, but it wasn't glamping. It was a very good spot, but hard to get to, I wouldn't mind leaning towards the glamp side of it. I'm busy for the next two weekends, though, and working the Saturday after that. An overnighter would be fine that weekend, though.
Brotherbadger wrote:

.milFox

Post by .milFox » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:45 am

I go out hiking from the city all the time with the AMC (http://www.amc-ny.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) young member hikes. Also lead 'em occasionally.

It's a bit too hot for anything right now, but this sounds like a fun idea.

jor-el

Post by jor-el » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:57 am

In light of 90+ degree temps for next week WITH rain, I vote for the old meeting spot, Citicorp. If the AC works.
My son, you will travel far, but never be alone, for I am with you, my M14 and battle axe comfort you.

Return to “INACTIVE - ZSC:007”