Monthly Meetings in Albany?

Forum for the New York chapter members.

Moderator: ZS Chapter Volunteers

saralou
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Shaun of the Dead

Re: Monthly Meetings in Albany?

Post by saralou » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:01 pm

I'm in! So where are we meeting? Saratoga would be a much easier drive from Granville. I'm in for just about anywhere :)
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." Stephen King

KnightoftheRoc

Post by KnightoftheRoc » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:51 pm

seeing as TOMORROW is the 10th, do we have a location decided on yet, or shall we all just cruise the Saratoga area, looking for ZS stickers? :lol:
I'm in, I just need to know WHERE.
silentpoet wrote: My first two warning shots are aimed center of mass. If that don't warn them I fire warning shots at their head until they are warned enough that I am no longer in fear for my life.

snowsoldier

Post by snowsoldier » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:45 pm

I'm making a command decision: It will occur at 1400 in Clifton Park at the Buffalo Wild Wings. This is an easy location just west of I-87, exit 9 of the Northway. Some one please take notes and publish them on the forum. Also, while there, you MUST root for ARMY in the Army v. Navy game. Unfortunately, I won't make it, I'm in Florida hunting Zombies... well, the Florida part is true, but I'm not hunting zombies, just waves! BONUS: Who ever wears a santa hat gets a beer bought for him/her (must be photographed and posted in forum)!
MOLON LABE
Non Timebo Mala

saralou

Post by saralou » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:27 am

So I'm getting some confusion. From Facebook, it looks as if we're being postponed until next month. I'm ok with that if it looks like only two of us are available. Also, Knight, I'll be in New Paltz the week after xmas so if we are the only ones going we might as well chill down by you and save the driving. What's the word?
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." Stephen King

KnightoftheRoc

Post by KnightoftheRoc » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:53 am

Agreed- let's do the week AFTER- saves me 4 hours of driving.
silentpoet wrote: My first two warning shots are aimed center of mass. If that don't warn them I fire warning shots at their head until they are warned enough that I am no longer in fear for my life.

CrackMunk
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: "FIDO"

Post by CrackMunk » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:07 pm

I should be able to make the Jan meeting. looking foreword to getting to one.
ZSC:007
ZSNYWCT2011 surviver

snowsoldier

Post by snowsoldier » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:25 pm

So, who's taking the reigns on these meetings?! Should we check this forum or the FB page for up to date info?
MOLON LABE
Non Timebo Mala

Famine
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of The Dead, Night of the Living Dead

Post by Famine » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:14 pm

Ok, I'm taking the reigns on this. I had that post up on Facebook after receiving a few Inbox Messages and personal remarks about how December was too hectic a time for meetings. Hence the poll. Snowsoldier is the man for bringing this to my attention, as is thelight.

Clifton Park, Buffalo Wild Wings, January 12th 2012. Meeting time, 1400.

Everyone can chime in, let me know how that jives, and I'll make an official group event on Facebook.

Cheers,

Kevin
NNYWCT Alum! We Bug Out Harder!
crypto wrote:Well, if you are thinking of moving into a house, and all the signs on the street every 50 feet warn in giant block letters: GUNS WILL BE TAKEN IF THERE IS MORE THAN 3 INCHES OF SNOW, you may want to re-think living there.

KnightoftheRoc

Post by KnightoftheRoc » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:36 pm

Famine wrote:Ok, I'm taking the reigns on this. I had that post up on Facebook after receiving a few Inbox Messages and personal remarks about how December was too hectic a time for meetings. Hence the poll. Snowsoldier is the man for bringing this to my attention, as is thelight.

Clifton Park, Buffalo Wild Wings, January 12th 2012. Meeting time, 1400.

Everyone can chime in, let me know how that jives, and I'll make an official group event on Facebook.

Cheers,

Kevin
I, for one, am not on FB that much- an announcement that there WAS a poll on there, would have been good. At least than, I'd have known to look. I'm not against using FB as well, but can we cross-post here, as well, if only to announce things?
BTW, I'm in for the January meeting- see you all there, I hope!

saralou

Post by saralou » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:25 pm

I'm not going to be able to do anything during the day on a weekday except July/August. (or holidays, such as MLK day) I can do weekends, though!

snowsoldier

Post by snowsoldier » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:16 pm

Kevin, Did you mean January 14th as opposed to the 12th? I agree that if there is an important announcement, it should be posted on both the forum and FB, at least until we hit our stride. Also, is anyone opposed to getting email updates, as long as we don't let them become obnoxious and stick monthly meetings and perhaps a few important events every year?

One last thing, during last months meeting, we discussed developing an "elevator speech." Essentially, in how do we tell people what ZS is when they see us, a t shirt, sticker, meeting, event, etc. in 20 seconds. It's a time tested sales and networking technique that corporations spend big bucks on. I think we should all submit or suggest components, statements or outlines and then perhaps vote or have a poll on what ZSNY uses. Kevin, maybe, if we start a thread here to brain storm, then decide on one in January. What do you guys think?
MOLON LABE
Non Timebo Mala

KnightoftheRoc

Post by KnightoftheRoc » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:42 am

snowsoldier wrote:Kevin, Did you mean January 14th as opposed to the 12th? I agree that if there is an important announcement, it should be posted on both the forum and FB, at least until we hit our stride. Also, is anyone opposed to getting email updates, as long as we don't let them become obnoxious and stick monthly meetings and perhaps a few important events every year?

One last thing, during last months meeting, we discussed developing an "elevator speech." Essentially, in how do we tell people what ZS is when they see us, a t shirt, sticker, meeting, event, etc. in 20 seconds. It's a time tested sales and networking technique that corporations spend big bucks on. I think we should all submit or suggest components, statements or outlines and then perhaps vote or have a poll on what ZSNY uses. Kevin, maybe, if we start a thread here to brain storm, then decide on one in January. What do you guys think?
I agree with all the above. Also, I just realized the easy way to receive e-mail updates, without having to create a mass mailing- if you want to receive an e-mail update, simply subscribe to this thread, and the website (ZS) will take care of it for you. The 'elevator speech' is something anyone who wants to, can work on at their leisure, and then bring with them to the meeting, to have read.

Famine

Post by Famine » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:07 pm

:lol: Man, this is what happens when I respond to threads when I'm beat.

Ok, here we go.

Albany Meeting will be January 14th, 2012 and Buffalo Wild Wings in Clifton Park. Meeting starts at 1400.

Monthly meeting for the Albany area members from the NY Chapter of Zombie Squad. Topics of discussion include our elevator speech (see the Zombie Squad forum for details), ideas for events, upcoming events, the Walking Dead mid-season finale, and the 5th annual winter camping trip.

I've made this an event on facebook and invited several folks. Please invite interested friends.

Cheers!
crypto wrote:Well, if you are thinking of moving into a house, and all the signs on the street every 50 feet warn in giant block letters: GUNS WILL BE TAKEN IF THERE IS MORE THAN 3 INCHES OF SNOW, you may want to re-think living there.

CrackMunk
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by CrackMunk » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:22 am

I'll be there.
ZSNYWCT2011 surviver

Trouble81

Post by Trouble81 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:41 am

i would like to make this meeting but i have to be to work at 3pm hopefully be at the next one

Famine

Post by Famine » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:08 pm

snowsoldier wrote:One last thing, during last months meeting, we discussed developing an "elevator speech." Essentially, in how do we tell people what ZS is when they see us, a t shirt, sticker, meeting, event, etc. in 20 seconds. It's a time tested sales and networking technique that corporations spend big bucks on. I think we should all submit or suggest components, statements or outlines and then perhaps vote or have a poll on what ZSNY uses. Kevin, maybe, if we start a thread here to brain storm, then decide on one in January. What do you guys think?
Roc, please start a thread on this. You've really got a better feel for what it is than anybody. :) Whatever we wind up doing with it, we'll do something special for the contributors at one of our meetings!

Thanks man!

KnightoftheRoc

Post by KnightoftheRoc » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:45 pm

Famine wrote:
snowsoldier wrote:One last thing, during last months meeting, we discussed developing an "elevator speech." Essentially, in how do we tell people what ZS is when they see us, a t shirt, sticker, meeting, event, etc. in 20 seconds. It's a time tested sales and networking technique that corporations spend big bucks on. I think we should all submit or suggest components, statements or outlines and then perhaps vote or have a poll on what ZSNY uses. Kevin, maybe, if we start a thread here to brain storm, then decide on one in January. What do you guys think?
Roc, please start a thread on this. You've really got a better feel for what it is than anybody. :) Whatever we wind up doing with it, we'll do something special for the contributors at one of our meetings!

Thanks man!
Well, I didn't make it to that meeting, but I'll see what I can do- thread will be here in 007.
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 75&t=88703" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CrackMunk
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by CrackMunk » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:37 am

I have a friend that might be interested in joining. Would it be ok if He comes to a meeting? He's checked out the forum and just wants to find out more about Zombie Squad.
ZSNYWCT2011 surviver

KnightoftheRoc

Post by KnightoftheRoc » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:53 pm

Having not been to this location before, or a chapter meeting, how will we be identifying each other? I'll be wearing the same hat as in my avatar pic, with a woodland camo jacket, and a ZS patch on the right shoulder. Is there a particular spot or item I should look for?

Looking forward to meeting everyone- see you there!

Famine

Post by Famine » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:15 am

There will be a big fat guy with a red beard in a top hat and a Zombie Squad shirt sitting at a table with some other folks. :lol:

KnightoftheRoc

Post by KnightoftheRoc » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:18 pm

I was an hour or so late, for which I apologize (again), but it was nice to meet everyone! And, please, don't anyone be offended when I can't remember names- I DO remember faces, but names have always been a weak point with me. Looking forward to the Feb. meeting.

CrackMunk
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by CrackMunk » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:55 pm

well it was great to meet everyone and see a few known faces again. I have a few ideas for Charitys just have to talk to the boards to see if their interested. I must say ( I know I didn't talk much) I really like this monthly meetings.
ZSNYWCT2011 surviver

CrackMunk
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by CrackMunk » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:55 pm

tommrow still a go for the meeting?
ZSNYWCT2011 surviver

Sledgecrowbar
Favorite Zombie Movies: I actually had WWZ up here way, way before it was actually announced. That was a pretty tremendous let-down. Seriously, read the book, it is one of the best things I've ever read.

Post by Sledgecrowbar » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:31 pm

Man, I'd love to ride up to Albany for Buffalo Wild Wings or a beergarten when the weather gets nicer. Anyone know where the speed traps are? I just got a tech-marvel BMW after years of breaker points Hondas and it's too easy to go fast now. I remember speed traps up there. Not something easily forgotten :x
Braxton wrote:Well my days of not taking ZS seriously are certainly coming to a middle.
Brotherbadger wrote:
crypto wrote:No honest man needs to staple more than 10 pages.
Just get a two ring binder. It's perfect for close range paper holding, and it won't go through drywall. Not to mention the sound of you opening and closing it will make the paper automatically fall in line.

Return to “INACTIVE - ZSC:007”