Film Feast IV... volunteer call. *UPDATE*

Forum for the New York chapter members.

Moderator: ZS Chapter Volunteers

Famine
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of The Dead, Night of the Living Dead

Post by Famine » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:57 pm

BEGIN INTERCEPT://

Help requested from ZS007. Zombie numbers swelling and we need a few good men. And women. Ok, maybe not good men. Decent ones. Well, we'll settle for OK. Anyway, we're again looking for volunteers to travel to the Albany area from October 21-23 for an event happening that Friday and Saturday, as well as Sunday for cleanup.

Volunteers from last year can share some of the fun things we did last year:

Wrangling zombies!
Posing for photos!
Cleaning up hooker blood! (Ok, so we made that last part up, we never cleaned up the blood.)
Selling cool ZS merchandise!
Handing out ZS fliers and spreading the good word!
Decorating the prom!
Making julliened fries!
Co-marshalling the zombie walk!
Much much more!

Some possible venue changes are coming: Zombie Carnival, A fest of short films in addition to the features, new contests.

This year we're changing up some of the jobs the ZS guys did (no more checking ID cards at the door, we've got people for that) and explanding our disaster prep footprint. We're looking to co-sponsor a blood drive with the Linda theater and The American Red Cross. An option being addressed is the possibility of the Albany PD doing digital finger prints for kids and young adults for pre-halloween safety.

We'll again need help on Friday for general setup, decorating and such. Something that is being looked into is having our meals covered by a sponsor (Price Chopper, Subway), to save costs for folks. There is camping, cheap hotels, members closer to the location, etc, for shacking up for the weekend. Other stuff is available and more details will emerge as we get closer to the event.

Right now I'm just shooting for a rough estimate of how many people would be able to help on all these days or even just some.

http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 75&t=69572" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Here's the link to last years event to give you some idea of what went on in the planning stages. We also have some info posted up on our ZS007 facebook page from the previous event.

Hope to see you there!

-K

UPDATE Check out http://www.wamcarts.com/zombie for event details!
NNYWCT Alum! We Bug Out Harder!
crypto wrote:Well, if you are thinking of moving into a house, and all the signs on the street every 50 feet warn in giant block letters: GUNS WILL BE TAKEN IF THERE IS MORE THAN 3 INCHES OF SNOW, you may want to re-think living there.

Demonstaff
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004)
28 Weeks Later

Re: Film Feast IV... volunteer call.

Post by Demonstaff » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:01 pm

You dare step foot in my city again.....

I'll be putting in for the time off in the AM.

CrackMunk
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: "FIDO"

Post by CrackMunk » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:48 pm

I should be able to help out with at lest one of the days. Not sure which day till it comes closer, as that is our "mandatory OT" time at work. But count me in for 1 day.
ZSC:007
ZSNYWCT2011 surviver

sandbagger

Post by sandbagger » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:39 am

Man, is it that time of year already? I havn't even gotten around to building my battle shield.
I'll be finishing up my seasonal job the week prior to the event, so I can help on all elements.
I'll bring my tool kit and workgloves. Keep me informed as to the particulars. Sandbagger 8-)
Little Knowledge is a dangerious thing:go to school,get a little knowledge, live dangeriously.

Famine

Post by Famine » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:15 pm

Good deal!
crypto wrote:Well, if you are thinking of moving into a house, and all the signs on the street every 50 feet warn in giant block letters: GUNS WILL BE TAKEN IF THERE IS MORE THAN 3 INCHES OF SNOW, you may want to re-think living there.

MikeM
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Dead series (both the originals and the remakes), The Evil Dead series, Zombies Anonymous, Versus, Night of the Comet, DeadAlive, 28 Days Later, Shaun of the Dead

Post by MikeM » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:42 pm

Looks like it's time to gear up.
Which in this case means slapping a ZS patches and stickers on airsoft gear :lol:

I'm down
If I had to guess, I'd say that being eXtreme means you're a pussy but hiding it behind enthusiasm.
-Seanbaby

SirSharpe
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by SirSharpe » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:08 pm

Sweet deal, I'm in!

Not sure if I'll be able to make it early on Friday to help set up or not, but I'll definatley be able to drive out after work (ETA 19:00). I can stay thru Sunday to help with the clean up.

I had a blast last year and encourage anyone who can, to make it to this event.

I'd be real interseted in combining it with some charity work - life has been good to me latley and I need to hedge my karma. :roll:

Post details as they become available and I'll try to get that Friday off from work.

SirSharpe
Know thyself; everything in moderation-

sandbagger

Post by sandbagger » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:32 pm

It sounds like we'll have even more people to help with the event than last year.
I had a half day at work today and went up to berkshire mall to see "Rise of the Planet of the Apes"(good flick BTW)
and one of the trailers was for the new Matt Damon movie "Contagion" which opens on Sept 9th.
and it occured to me we should have another ZS movie night, to see this flick and maybe discuss what we will be doing in greater detail. Does this sound like a plan for anybody else?
Remember: Prior Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance 8-)
Little Knowledge is a dangerious thing:go to school,get a little knowledge, live dangeriously.

Famine

Post by Famine » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:12 pm

I should be able to give you guys some solid info by next Thursday, but we've got some big news coming along the way. I'm excited. 8-)

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD04, Special Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 ______ Later

Post by Jamie » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:46 am

I'm in for this weekend!

I have some "can't miss" stuff at work that Friday, but should be down by late afternoon and through Sunday...

Jamie
"I don't want to survive. I want to live. " - Captain B. McCrea

My Blog and website, dealing largely with my writing projects...I've published two novels, "Here Be Monsters" and "Caretakers", along with a pair of eBooks, "Mickey Slips" and "Bound for Home"...check them out!

Arcknitect
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: evil dead, resident evil 1

Post by Arcknitect » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:21 pm

I'm in! Making some updates to my zombie-fighting wardrobe in preperation and can't wait to see how the poster looks!
"My definition of a free society is a society where it is safe to be unpopular." -Adlai E. Stevenson

Winter Queen - NNYWCT Alum 09,10,11,12

Horatio_Tyllis
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead 2004
Special Dead
Dead before Dawn 3d

Post by Horatio_Tyllis » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:00 pm

We're on scedule to have up to a half a dozen of your candian bretheren there in full tac gear to join in the fun. We'll be driving down in a motorhome, and will be sleeping in it as well, but could use a driveway with an electrical hookup for a couple nights (and maybe a place to shower) if someone can hook us up.
Winter driving guide: http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... =6&t=82858" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Zimmy wrote:Intelligent safety conscious fireman snuffing telekinetic golems?
Our heroes are doomed without Gyrojet pistols firing antimatter tipped rockets!

Famine

Post by Famine » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:16 pm

H, we've got you guys set up with power and a place to bathe if you need it. :twisted: Some however, don't like to bathe that weekend so Wolfe keeps his space.

So, updates: I should have the poster in hand on Wednesday and the website should be live then too.

I'll post more Thursday afternoon when I've got a solid schedual down for the actual event.

Cheers!

Famine

Re: Film Feast IV... volunteer call. *UPDATE*

Post by Famine » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:42 pm

So, we've got folks confirmed from Canada heading down to help us in a big way (helping us make sure our shit (read, stuff some local members worked real hard on so this event is a success) doesn't get stolen from the carnival overnight). I'll need the folks who show up to help with various things as follows:

-Posing for pictures if you show up in gear, or as a zombie.
-Helping run some of the carnival games.
-Helping us with the parade.
-Handing out ZS fliers and cards.
-Pimping our merchandise and the ZS way.
-Moving heavy stuff.
-Making sure the roller derby girls don't get too out of hand. (I only half-joke :twisted: )
-Directing lines at the prom door.
-Being awesome.

To the folks who said they can make it, please give me a call or email (kcurdgel at gmail.com). I can give you any more details you might need, and you might be able to help me with ideas.

We've been given the opportunity to participate in the weekends events (Movies, games, Prom) as long as we're volunteering. Knock on wood we've had no problems with this and I'd like to help keep that tradition going. ZS created a name for itself last year of being hard working and blowing the minds of everyone there (undead and likewise) with our creativity and teamwork. I'm looking forward to that this year.

Thank you!

-K

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD04, Special Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 ______ Later

Post by Jamie » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:23 am

I'm still in...from Friday around 6pm until noonish on Sunday...I'm excited!

Jamie

My Blog and website, dealing largely with my writing projects...I've published two novels, "Here Be Monsters" and "Caretakers", along with a pair of eBooks, "Mickey Slips" and "Bound for Home"...check them out!

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Jamie » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:36 pm

What can you tell me about weapons and faux weapons and this shindig?

J

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CrackMunk
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by CrackMunk » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:00 am

I'm out. sorry, I know I said I could help out for 1 day but I have to work Fri-Sat, then run to MASS for family on Sun,
ZSNYWCT2011 surviver

Famine

Post by Famine » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:17 pm

Carol, Mike, and Wolfe are out for this event. :( The good news is we still have lots of folks coming, and we're being joined by our brothers and sisters from the North!

Jamie: Excellent question. NO REAL KNIVES (No matter how ziptied in place they are, Dan :wink: ), NO REAL OR FAKE GUNS (At the walk. Inside the Prom is a different story). MELE WEAPONS ONLY.

Any other questions, please feel free to PM or call me.

Cheers,

Kevin

sandbagger

Post by sandbagger » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:47 pm

...and Thank you for reminding of that little event from the past Kevin :gonk:
Now as to the present, I have noticed the ads in Metroland, and the days of the event are listed as only Friday 21st.and Saturday 22nd. Is that correct? Is there not a sunday event.
I intend on being there from the start, but on thursday the 20th. and friday the 21st, I'll be helping to close up the historic houses I work at. Now, the 21st. should only take part of my morning. Thats the only scheduling hangups I have.
Do we have any more information as to the events, or will it be diffirent from last year.
P.S. I'm not bringing ANY weapons of any kind this time around. 8-)

SirSharpe
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by SirSharpe » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:03 pm

I found everything I I ever wanted to know about "Zombie Film Feast IV" but was afraid to ask here:

http://www.wamcarts.org/event_details.php?id=140" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Outside of the scheduled events will be MANUAL LABOUR (which you will be providing for free of course). Plus the Prom goes til 22:30 so there will be more MANUAL LABOUR Sunday, unless you want to wuss out early.

As for weapons: I'll be BLADES ABLAZING!! I'm Gonna Julienne me some Zombies! :wink:
Know thyself; everything in moderation-

CrackMunk
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by CrackMunk » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:48 pm

Just in I might be able to help out sat afternoon. It looks good that my OT will be called off,
will find out fri night, so pencil me in
ZSNYWCT2011 surviver

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Jamie » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:22 am

I still haven't seen "Contagion"...would there be any interest in a movie and drinks after the broo-ha-ha on Friday or Saturday night?

Jamie

ps - barring other, already planned, activities of course...

Horatio_Tyllis
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead 2004
Special Dead
Dead before Dawn 3d

Post by Horatio_Tyllis » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:06 pm

Famine wrote:Jamie: Excellent question. NO REAL KNIVES
I'm assuming a pocket knife or multitool is still acceptable?
Winter driving guide: http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... =6&t=82858" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Zimmy wrote:Intelligent safety conscious fireman snuffing telekinetic golems?
Our heroes are doomed without Gyrojet pistols firing antimatter tipped rockets!

Famine

Post by Famine » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:28 am

Not on the walk itself. A member got stopped by the law for having a knife, so we adopted a no knife on the walks policy. It's just safer this way.

I'm looking forward to seeing all of you today. Please be sure to share this event on your facebooks as we're trying to draw the biggest crowd possible. Thanks again everyone!

Kevin

Return to “INACTIVE - ZSC:007”