Backpacking Trip from Tahawus trailhead, Sept. 24-26

Forum for the New York chapter members.

Moderator: ZS Chapter Volunteers

Rush2112

Re: Backpacking Trip from Tahawus trailhead, Sept. 24-26

Post by Rush2112 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:41 am

I worked late tonight. Plan on leaving at 10-ish like you originally planned with or without me. I'll catch up if I need to.
I Survived NNY2010WCT!
I Survived NNY2011WCT!
Big Mac wrote:Next time you say clip when referring to a magazine, we're cutting your dick off. You have been warned.

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD04, Special Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 ______ Later

Backpacking Trip from Tahawus trailhead, Sept. 24-26

Post by Jamie » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:07 am

Cool beans see you either in Tahawus or up at Flowed lands...we'll be aiming for the leanto on Livingston point

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk.
"I don't want to survive. I want to live. " - Captain B. McCrea

My Blog and website, dealing largely with my writing projects...I've published two novels, "Here Be Monsters" and "Caretakers", along with a pair of eBooks, "Mickey Slips" and "Bound for Home"...check them out!

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD04, Special Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 ______ Later

Re: Backpacking Trip from Tahawus trailhead, Sept. 24-26

Post by Jamie » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:22 am

It was a great trip! Challenging and fun and beautiful and a nice group of guys...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... c21&type=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - FB album of the trip

I packed light (about 25 pounds "skin out"), mostly because the weather was supposed to be moderate and I wanted to see how light I could go in real wilderness, and also to save wear and tear on my knees and ankles on the up/down...it worked well in general, but my idea of saving weight by hammocking with only an insultex topquilt was crafted from the finest fail...I was cold both nights...not freezing, but not comfy...it got colder than my weatherman predicted...the rest of my loadout worked perfectly, and I wouldn't change a thing except for the topquilt/sleeping bag thing...

Jamie
"I don't want to survive. I want to live. " - Captain B. McCrea

My Blog and website, dealing largely with my writing projects...I've published two novels, "Here Be Monsters" and "Caretakers", along with a pair of eBooks, "Mickey Slips" and "Bound for Home"...check them out!

Return to “INACTIVE - ZSC:007”