Anyone interested in food storage?

Forum for the New York chapter members.

Moderator: ZS Chapter Volunteers

thelight
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead, Special Dead, Evil Dead, Army of Darkness

Anyone interested in food storage?

Post by thelight » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:27 pm

So I was just looking around and found that there are two LDS food storage canneries in easily accessible areas to us. On is in NJ, just outside of Edison (half hour from NYC at most) and the other is at the northern edge of the finger lakes. I'd like to shoot for the one near NYC, myself, to get some inexpensive food stuffs to get me through this jobless phase.

I was wondering if anyone was interested in doing a trip to one of these canneries to pick up some bulk food and can certain items. The prices are the cheapest you'll get anywhere. I will have to contact them to find out about LDS membership requirements to use the facility, which varies from place to place, but I have an LDS member on standby for the NYC-area place if it comes to it. Also, you have to book these places ahead of time. Final Note, you should plan to volunteer at the place for a shift to thank them for the use of the facility. It's only fair, etc... I don't think it's a requirement, though.

Here's more info:
http://www.ldspreppers.com/showthread.p ... DS-Cannery" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - Using an LDS Cannery.
http://providentliving.org/pfw/multimed ... 00_pdf.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - Example price list (pdf)

I'm going to cross post this on the ZSC007, ZSC021, and The American Preppers Network to see about generating some interest.

So, any interest?
"All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."
~Winston Churchill

Image http://www.theendofthetunnel.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rush2112 wrote:TheLight is a pot-kicking man-ape gone wrong. But we still love him and his ability to carry entire trees at once.

Rob

Re: Anyone interested in food storage?

Post by Rob » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:04 pm

i am interested in bulk food storage and sharing bulk material purchases.

WingMan13

Post by WingMan13 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:27 am

Not to be a necromancer but I was wondering if anything became of this idea. I would be interested in a trip.
“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.”
Charles Darwin

Swoop411

Post by Swoop411 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:39 pm

-----------------------------------------------
Last edited by Swoop411 on Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PWA2600
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days/28 Weeks Later.
The Walking Dead TV Series.
Resident Evil Series.
Others.

Post by PWA2600 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:22 am

That shit is too far for my ass! It seems there is too much activity further east from my location, and that is unfortunate. I have a question for all of you, how can a person create a dehydrated meal like Mountain House and others? I was searching online and found info that said to make the meal, freeze it then dehydrate it. Is that correct?

If any of you have attempted this please let me know, and tell me if you were successful.

Thanks!
"You do not truly own anything that you can't carry in both arms at a dead run"
- Robert A. Heinlein

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith"
-2 Timothy 4:7

"It's better to die on your feet than live on your knees."
- Emiliano Zapata Salazar

Return to “INACTIVE - ZSC:007”