Welcome to ZS 007!

Forum for the New York chapter members.

Moderator: ZS Chapter Volunteers

thelight
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead, Special Dead, Evil Dead, Army of Darkness

Welcome to ZS 007!

Post by thelight » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:46 pm

Welcome to ZS 007, the Zombie Squad New York Chapter!

Who we are:
This chapter of Zombie Squad was created to serve the New York region and is currently divided into three main geographic areas; Northern (Saranac Lake), Central (Albany) and Southern (New York City). Each area has a liaison. Feel free to contact them and find out what’s happening locally and in the state as a whole!

Our Area Liaisons Are: Membership:
Any member of Zombie Squad is welcome to join ZS 007, attend our events, and discuss ideas and plans for our area in the forum. You don't have to be in New York, either! We just ask that you attend one of our events a year. If you're not a member of Zombie Squad, feel free to participate on the forums and local event and consider joining up!

To join ZS 007, go to your user control panel -> user groups -> and join ZS 007.

Meetings:
We are formalizing a meeting schedule for our chapter but in the mean time consider attending one of our upcoming winter camping trips:

ais4122
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later

Re: Welcome to ZS 007!

Post by ais4122 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:41 pm

Congrats on your new chapter ! :D
Aim small, Miss small

http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... =6&t=30558" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Famine
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of The Dead, Night of the Living Dead

Post by Famine » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:13 pm

Thanks ais! What region are you from?

Kevin
NNYWCT Alum! We Bug Out Harder!
crypto wrote:Well, if you are thinking of moving into a house, and all the signs on the street every 50 feet warn in giant block letters: GUNS WILL BE TAKEN IF THERE IS MORE THAN 3 INCHES OF SNOW, you may want to re-think living there.

ais4122
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later

Post by ais4122 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:27 pm

Eastern Long Island 8)
Aim small, Miss small

http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... =6&t=30558" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HHaase
Favorite Zombie Movies: Errrr, I actually don't like zombie movies.
::::runs away::::

Post by HHaase » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:28 pm

Ooooh, another Long Islander!

Any more of us, and we'll need an area liason of our own.
"This does not mean, however, that we are unaware of the true meaning of the term 'security.'
To us, the term has broad meaning. It rests in the physical force embodied as it is in the ships and their base,
but also in intellectual factors among which Intelligence plays an outstanding role."
- Captain Ellis M. Zacaraias, USN

crowbar
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident evil series

Post by crowbar » Thu May 28, 2009 4:20 pm

Im thinking I fall under famine being in the greater rochester area.
Thehourofvengeancedrawsnear

MikeM
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Dead series (both the originals and the remakes), The Evil Dead series, Zombies Anonymous, Versus, Night of the Comet, DeadAlive, 28 Days Later, Shaun of the Dead

Post by MikeM » Fri May 29, 2009 7:23 am

Howdy Crowbar, welcome to ZSNY!
I used to live just down the highway from Canandaigua, in Geneva. I'm out in Sherburne, NY now, but hope to meet you at one of the ZS events.
-Mike
If I had to guess, I'd say that being eXtreme means you're a pussy but hiding it behind enthusiasm.
-Seanbaby

Lrrpscout
Favorite Zombie Movies: Omega Man (not really a zombie flick, but the bad guys were kind of "zombie-ish")

Post by Lrrpscout » Fri May 29, 2009 8:05 am

Hey neighbor, Welcome !

I'm just down the road from you.....

Pete

(AKA LrrpScout)

crowbar
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident evil series

Post by crowbar » Fri May 29, 2009 11:42 am

lot of people closer than i realized, awesome!
Thehourofvengeancedrawsnear

charlie505
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 days, Resident evil, Shawn of the Dead

Post by charlie505 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:28 am

manhattan here

Morbid_Mistress
Favorite Zombie Movies: [28 Days Later][28 Weeks Later][Night of the Living Dead][Dawn of the Dead][Land of the Dead][Resident Evil 1, 2 & 3][Quarantine] And many, many more!

Post by Morbid_Mistress » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:06 am

I don't live in New York but if I did I'd be bunking with Famine and would have to drag Brash along with me or else Famine would cry!

I've posted a banner thread here at this chapter, link is below.

http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 75&t=48751" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So hello fellow Chapter members! You may now call me your ZS Artist Guru... er... or something ;]

If being sane is thinking there’s something wrong with being different. Then I’d rather be completely fucking mental!

Rich219

Post by Rich219 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:23 pm

I just wanted to pop in here and say hello. I mostly browse ZS for the first aid forum, seems to be the best one online that I know of, but saw this group and figured I'd join. I spend a quite a bit of time in the outdoors shooting, backpacking/camping, fishing, biking, and other random stuff. I'm looking to get into kayaking and hope to be able to take part in some of the trips coming up in the future. I'm from Rochester but have spent a few years in the Syracuse area so I get around NY quite a bit.

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD04, Special Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 ______ Later

Post by Jamie » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:26 pm

Welcome, and I hope that you'll make it to one of our get-togethers sometime in the near future!

Jamie
"I don't want to survive. I want to live. " - Captain B. McCrea

My Blog and website, dealing largely with my writing projects...I've published two novels, "Here Be Monsters" and "Caretakers", along with a pair of eBooks, "Mickey Slips" and "Bound for Home"...check them out!

don vito
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 days, 28 weeks later, i am legend.

Post by don vito » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:43 am

Hello Double oh Seven. I'm in Brooklyn NY and just joined the NYC chapter.

Shadow13
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (remake), Zombie Land, Shaun of the Dead, AAAH Zombies

Post by Shadow13 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:24 pm

Hello fellow New Yorkers!! Just filed and paid for my membership in ZS and now a member of 007. Just wanted to drop a note and reach out to my local compatriots. I'm somewhat new to this with only a haphazard background which is a mishmash of experience from the Boy scouts, the Army and some fire and EMS service. I've acquired some basics but I know theres more to gather, gain, learn and better ways to do such. I'm looking to learn how to work smarter, not harder when it comes to preparation as well as meet others who are also interested. I figure your prep pals now are your squad once the SHTF. I may ask more questions than I can answer at first but I plan to overcome that. Look forward to chatting/training with you in the future. Until then Stay Safe. - Shadow 1 3
When evil threatens the innocent, those with the ability to act have a RESPONSIBILITY to act!!

Demonstaff
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004)
28 Weeks Later

Post by Demonstaff » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:05 am

Hey guys, Price here typing away from "sunny" Albany. I've been attending/ helping out with some of the chapter's events this past year and finally got around to signing up as a real member of ZS.

I was a BSA member for over 10 years and worked for the Organization for a little over 5 with a couple hundred Eagle Scouts trained under my watch ( they grow up so fast :cry: ), so when Famine introduced me to this organization it was right up my ally and I've been having a great time ever since.

snowsoldier

Post by snowsoldier » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:54 pm

Hey All! Make sure you check out the thread about the Albany meetings. Looks like our first one will be two weeks from today at Wolff's Bier Garten in Albany (Nov 12). Stop on by!
MOLON LABE
Non Timebo Mala

roykin
Favorite Zombie Movies: zombieland and i know its not a movie but the walking dead

Post by roykin » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:54 pm

just joined up in watertown area, glad to be here
12 bravo u.s. army
0331 u.s.m.c.

Demonstaff
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004)
28 Weeks Later

Post by Demonstaff » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:09 pm

Good to have you.

MadMock
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, dawn of the dead (both versions) 28 days/weeks later, the walking dead.

Post by MadMock » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:54 am

Good afternoon all! Mad Mock checking in, resident of Orange County, NY. Brand new to the group and brand new to ZS! I look forward to meeting all of you.
In Mexico, you know what they call Twinkies? "Los submarinos."

SOAJillValentine
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Everything and anything. There are far too many to list.

Post by SOAJillValentine » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:36 pm

Just got my ZS membership yesterday after hearing so many good things!
I live in Worcester NY which is about an 1.5-2 hours away from Albany.
^_^ I am looking forward to being active here!!! Glad to find people interested in these things like I am.
My name is Cecilia by the way.

"When there is no more room in Hell, the dead shall walk the earth."

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD04, Special Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 ______ Later

Post by Jamie » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:51 am

Welcome to ZS and ZSNY!

We're a bit less active than a year or two ago, but I would love to see that turn around, and new blood is the best way to do that!

Jamie
"I don't want to survive. I want to live. " - Captain B. McCrea

My Blog and website, dealing largely with my writing projects...I've published two novels, "Here Be Monsters" and "Caretakers", along with a pair of eBooks, "Mickey Slips" and "Bound for Home"...check them out!

mystic_1
ZS Chapter Volunteer
ZS Chapter Volunteer

Post by mystic_1 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:10 pm

New blood? or new BRAAAAAINS??!?!?!?

:clownshoes:
Image Image Image

ZS Chapter Volunteer
● Want to start a ZS chapter? ● Want to find other ZS members near you? ● Want to make your chapter more successful?
Email us at [url=mailto://chapters@zombiehunters.org]chapters@zombiehunters.org[/url]

See also: ● ZS Event CalendarZS Wiki

SOAJillValentine
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Everything and anything. There are far too many to list.

Post by SOAJillValentine » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:48 pm

Jamie wrote:Welcome to ZS and ZSNY!

We're a bit less active than a year or two ago, but I would love to see that turn around, and new blood is the best way to do that!

Jamie

Well, I would love to see that also then. I've been looking for a group like this for a long time now!

"When there is no more room in Hell, the dead shall walk the earth."

Return to “INACTIVE - ZSC:007”