ZSC-005 Roll Call (Pics and Bios Only - No Comments)

Forum for the Pacific Northwest chapter members.

Moderators: ZS Chapter Volunteers, ZSC 005 Officers

Seanwins
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (2004), 28 Days Later, Resident Evil (all)

ZSC-005 Roll Call (Pics and Bios Only - No Comments)

Post by Seanwins » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:46 pm

Please introduce yourself as a ZSC-005 member or affiliate here!!
PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THE POSTS OF OTHERS! Let's not turn this into a chat thread. :)

Name: Sean - Just another Chapter Officer

Hometown: Milton, WA

Interests: Emergency Preparedness, Camping, Hunting, Shooting, Reading/Writing Military Sci-Fi

Bio: I guess my experiences in Iraq and Afghanistan (Army 97E, Fort Hood, 4th ID) are what got me interested in emergency preparedness. I saw what happens when society gets chaotic, how utterly bad things can get unexpectedly, and I realized how much I wanted to avoid being in that situation. It's also a great excuse to collect big boy toys. :P

I'm married to a girl I met in the army, and we have one kid. (Has your wife or girlfriend qualified on the ma deuce? Mine has. :D ) It is unlikely that you will see Jennifer at an event, as she has only come out twice in two years, but that is ok with me.

I've almost finished a M.Ed. in Student Affairs Administration degree at WWU, and I work with student leaders at a college in the Tacoma area. My wife and I just bought our first home and all of this new storage space has me excited about expanding my preps, although we are finding lots of other places to sink our money at the moment.

Along with DrGonzo, Black November, Dietrich, Mahatma Zombie, Meantree, and DropZedFred, I am one of the founding members of this chapter. My goals for the chapter are to make sure that the people who are willing to participate and contribute get what they want out of it. If you have any questions about anything chapter related, or completely unrelated to the chapter for that matter, feel free to shoot me a pm.
Last edited by Seanwins on Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:37 pm, edited 8 times in total.

BethDeath

Re: ZSC-005 Roll Call

Post by BethDeath » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:11 pm

Name- Beth

Hometown- somewhere in PA

Interests- Seans mom

Bio- Married with 2 kids. Kids are my full time job. I just moved into a murder house. I have been known to wear purple dresses and sassy hair.

DrGonzo
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by DrGonzo » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:36 pm

Name: Also Sean. Mac if you know me.

Hometown: Seattle, WA

Interests: Emergency Preparedness, Skiing, Shooting, Movies, Reading, Camping.

Bio: I'm a former Eagle Scout and Marine (Iraq vet). I run a satellite phone distribution and billing company from home, which enables me to spend way too much time online. I'm also going back to the University of Washington in the fall after an eight year hiatus. I may continue on to a degree in emergency management after I complete my English degree. I've been been interested in emergency preparedness and disaster survival since my exit from the Corps, and has only grown since my involvement with Zombie Squad. I'm getting married in November to a wonderful gal who tolerates my urges to collect firearms and stockpile food.
hunter wrote:Of course the term "Mêlée" is lame, it's French.
ZSC:005 The Western Washington Chapter

ninja-elbow
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: DotD '04
DotD
NotLD

Post by ninja-elbow » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:53 pm

Name: Gabriel, Gabe
Hometown: Portland, OR
Interests: Walking around or riding my bike in the city, DnD (and gaming), working with tools, working with "at risk" youth, poking hole in paper that is kind of far away, BSing and smoking cigarettes.

Bio: Navy and Operation Desert Storm Vet (Persian Gulf Senior) and been in many disasters. Was a Boatswain's Mate. I now volunteer for Portland Office of Emergency Management - Neighborhood Emergency Team (NET), Big Brothers Big Sisters. My stomping grounds is in the Mount Hood National Forest right outside Estacada.
Last edited by ninja-elbow on Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
President ZSC011
Part Viking, Part Siamese

Czechnology
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Czechnology » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:30 pm

Oh, hi. I didn't see you there. I'm Lars, and you may remember me from such cities as Washington, DC, and Sasebo, Japan. I'm sort of hometown-less having grown up in the Navy, but I was born on Rantoul AFB outside of Chicago, if that counts, and currently live in Beaverton, OR. I am working on finding a job, but my wife now works as a teacher @ spam, so as long as we can eat tennis shoes, I may not have to work.

I'm interested in History, wildlife, firearms, and fine food/alcohol of all types and places of origin. I've only ever turned down 1 dish, and I'm sorry but Balut is not food, but rather an Avian-centric torture mechanism. Waterboard me anytime, but fuck that shit.

That's me again, lying down with lady BREN and the Chetniks. Yugoslavia was so nice we just had to kick out the Nazis.
Last edited by Czechnology on Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nothing is ever what it seems, but everything is exactly what it is.
Vicarious_Lee wrote:If Nutnfacny were an 8-ounce chicken fried steak, he'd come with 72 ounces of batter around it that you have to slash through to get to it.

DropZedFred
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by DropZedFred » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:39 pm

Name: DropZedFred
Hometown: Sasquatch Country! - Western Washington
Interests: Shooting, Camping, Automotives (Tuning/E85), Genealogy, Energy Efficiency, and general Self Sufficiency N00b.

Bio: Retired Navy Chief, Navy Shooting Team, NRA Range Master/Instructor, "Rifleman", Gunsmith, Ammosmith, Wireless Engineer, AS in Computer Networking, BS for Information System Security.
Last edited by DropZedFred on Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chapter Vice Overlord and Potentate of the Northern Alliance
ZSC:005 - Western Washington Chapter (Founding 10), Activities Chair (by royal proclamation), "LIFER".

Black November

Post by Black November » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:19 pm

I started prepping during the Cold War, established ZSC:005 (As Part of O5F), and frequent appear on many .gov watchlists.
Many refer to me as the Mad Scientist of ZSC:005, and Officially the Minister of Operations.

Last edited by Black November on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:14 am, edited 12 times in total.
"I guess you broke into the wrong goddamn rec room, didn't you" -Burt- Tremors
WINTERGEDDON: IX, X, XI, XIII, XIV, XV, XVI, XVII
SUMMERGEDDON: IX, X, XII, XIII, XIV, XV, XVI
SUMMER BUG OUT: XIII

Pathfinder
Favorite Zombie Movies: Any of the Resident Evil Movies, Milla Jovavich is hot!

Post by Pathfinder » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:34 pm

Hi all, Pathfinder here. Paul is my name and I am kind of new, but have been reading the board for about 2 years. I am ex-Army and have been involved with Martial Arts for a few years. I like things like shooting, knife making, knife fighting, Hand 2 Hand combat, camping, hiking, primitive survival stuff, ect. I am a Manufacturing Engineer with a Boeing supplier. I have a Wife and a 6 year old daughter, plus a large Bullmastiff puppy that thinks she is human. Slight correction, my soon to be ex wife who decided that a marriage vow means nothing.

I just payed my dues so I can be an official member.

Oh yea, the (soon to be Ex-)Wife works at Federal Way Discount Guns so if you stop in you may want to avoid her! She is dishonest and a very bad person.
Last edited by Pathfinder on Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Pathfinder Paul

Just a Grunt

ZMace
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by ZMace » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:46 pm

Hey guys, name's Mac, currently in Troy Idaho. Just joined the site a month or so ago. It seems like I am the only one here who has not ben in the armed forces. I am a grad student at the University of Idaho working on cellulosic ethanol. I love making stuff, weapons, tools, armor cars just about anything. I have studied a few martial arts, and I love to swordfight when I can find somebody crazy enough to do it with me. I love renaissance faires and go when I have time/money to do so. Like many here I like shooting, but only have a couple of guns (being a poor college student). I have started making a bug out bag among other survival minded things, and this is a great place to learn. I would post a pic, but I am new to the whole forum thing and do not know how yet.

edit, I got it!
zXzGrifterzXz wrote: "An Armed Society is a polite society, unless they are talking on the Internet......then they are total bastards to each other."

ZedMikey

Re: ZSC-005 Roll Call (Pics and Bios Only - No Comments)

Post by ZedMikey » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:47 pm

I'm on the wrong computer for pics... but I'll get some up soon...

My name's Mikey... born in TX, raised in AL, graduated high school in NM, consider CO to be home, and currently reside in Hilltop in Tacoma. I'm a mechanical engineering student at UW, and will be wrapping up my BS in March '09... then it's on to grad school.

As most here, I enjoy camping, hiking, guns, fourwheeling, and zombie movies. I also enjoy board games, video games, BBQs, beer, tequila, wine, food, etc. :)
- Mikey

mauntgomery

Post by mauntgomery » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:56 pm

I'm Ryan, and I live in Milwaukie Oregon.

I have a tiny urban huntress cat, and do carpentry and such

I like to hang out with people and do absolutely nothing. Or sometimes stuff.

No pictures now, I have a shoddy connection
Throw away holiness and wisdom,
and people will be a hundred times happier.
Throw away morality and justice,
and people will do the right thing.
Throw away industry and profit,
and there wont be any thieves.

When the country falls into Chaos
Patriotism is born

Chantrea
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: Uh...does Bubba Ho-Tep count? It's got Bruce Campbell in it!

Post by Chantrea » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:03 pm

Name: Kitty

Hometown: Redmond, WA

Interests: Sorta ZS related: Sustainable/subsistence living, emergency preparedness, foraged foods, archery (someday soon!). Non-ZS related: LOTRO, cross stitching, meditation, cooking

Bio: Married for 8 years, stay at home mom to a 6 year old daughter and 5 year old MZ twin sons. Prior to motherhood I did mostly social service type of occupations: corrections officer, running a group home for developmentally disabled adults, stints in public health and CPS, provided short-term therapeautic foster care for kids 0-5. I also have dabbled in nannying and teaching preschool, mostly as sanity breaks from the more heavy hitting jobs. I also volunteered with homeless outreach, mostly concentrating with vets and teen sex workers. Now basically I’m a housewife and lovin’ it…though I am dipping my toe back in with homeless outreach again, very part time for now, probably will get more involved once all my kids are in school all day next year.

THRILLER 1
Favorite Zombie Movies: DEAD AND DEADER

Post by THRILLER 1 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:32 pm

THRILLER 1 reporting for duty.

Just kidding, not really me, but I thought this was funny......
I'm up north by Arlington. Will try to keep up with the new forums. Hope to meet everyone someday.
The war is coming to the streets of America and if you are not keeping and bearing and practicing with your arms then you will be helpless and you will be the victim of evil.
Ted Nugent

Meridian

Post by Meridian » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:32 pm

MERIDIAN

Not the smartest place I've ever explored...Kendrick Uranium Mine on Prince of Wales island, west of Ketchikan, Alaska.

Mountain climbing in Skagway, AK.

Name: Ryan
Interests: Guitars, Mountain Climbing, Building Guns, Shooting Guns, Fixing Guns, Hacking computers, Satellite communication systems, Nuclear Rabbits, a really pretty girl named Brandy.
Location: Kirkland, WA. Not for long though...we are probably moving back across the pond over to Seattle.

I grew up in Alaska. Moved down here when I graduated highschool. I've designed satellite communication systems, emergency response networks, hacked computers (legally!), and worked in a war zone. Now I am almost married and have a fat orange cat. :)

M
The Nuclear Rabbit Combine: Bringing Dystopia to a world near you!

Apollo-11

Post by Apollo-11 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:14 pm

Name: James (A.K.A. Apollo-11)

Hometown: SW WA

Interests: Emergency Preparedness, Hiking, Camping, Woodworking, Science Fiction

Bio: Married to RedHaired1. Trying to figure out how to write off four cats as dependants. I'm an engineer, which means that I am on call 24/7/365 and I work entirely too much. I spend the rest of my time fixing up an 80 year old house and thinking up new inventions. I am shooting to become 1/3 MacGyver, 1/3 Scotty from Star Trek, and 1/3 Einstein.
Last edited by Apollo-11 on Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

thecheeto

Post by thecheeto » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:00 am

Howdy from Alaska everyone.

This is me at Portage Glacier in AK.

and this is my wife and I on our last night ever (we dearly hope) in New York City

Name: Dom

Hometown: Anchorage, AK now

Interests: Outdoors stuff like camping and hiking, shooting, paintball, space (especially Mars) and Diplomacy and International Relations

Bio: Married with a 2 year old boy. Currently working on getting on with the Anchorage PD. I previously worked for the U.S. Dept. of State in NYC for about 3 years and have a Masters in Diplomacy and International Relations.
bookshop wrote:I like bacon and I'm a Vegan.
Pig is a tasty animal.

RIP HK33K

ZacharyDanger

Post by ZacharyDanger » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:01 pm

No recent pics on this computer. I'm sure I'll have some soon.

Name: Zach

Hometown: Phoenix, AZ
Current Location: Seattle, WA

Interests: Music, Art, Paintball, Zombies (obviously), Sci-fi, B-Horror/Action movies, the Apocalypse, Guns, things that go fast, backpacking and general outdoorsy-ness.

Bio: Currently a DXARTS student at University of Washington. Long time ZS lurker, unfortunately school keeps me too busy to post often, but I like to think I'm here in spirit. If you spot a ZS shirt in the U-district, it's probably me.
Artist, Badass Extraordinaire
Valarius wrote:Let's admit it ... Zombies are our bitches.
I really like music.

MEANTREE

Post by MEANTREE » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:45 pm

Last edited by MEANTREE on Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
raptorman wrote:You're such a bitch. I should break your bones in alphabetical order.

Jhangles

Post by Jhangles » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:09 pm

Hey Everyone,

My name's Beau, and I live in Kent, WA.

Interests include: my wife, christianity, crossfit.com workouts, weightlifting, firearms, camping, survival, krav maga, role playing games, Reading, and video games.

I moved to WA about 10 years ago, from Las vegas, NV. I've been married for a little over a year, and just found out that I'm going to be a father. My avatar is an older picture of me. I have hair now. :lol:

-Beau
StrangeLove wrote: It definitely is the end of the world when survivalists are watching Oprah.
ista_hota wrote:It was AGONY. The initial impact I literally did not know what the fuck happened - I thought I'd been hit with a gun that used sharks for bullets - it was unimaginable. I had a bruise the size of an apple for about two weeks afterwards.

Slug

Post by Slug » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:02 pm

mmmm, Look at that fried chicken.

Name: Jaron

Interests: Into just about anything outdoors, fishing, camping, hunting. Almost any sport, Baseball, football, golf, discgolf. Also like some video games (even though I seem to lose interest in them a lot faster now, think its a time issue).

About me: My father was an electrician in the Navy and I was born in Hawaii. Family moved to Port Gamble, WA when I was about 3 for a short period, then we settled in Chimacum WA. Family still lives in Port Angeles. So, if any of you all are up near the hood canal area, I go up there every once in a while to see family. I am looking forward to getting more involved With ZS, as I have only been on here for a little while.
I coach Rookie Baseball, and have a great time doing it. Next year the kids will be moving up into the minor league where they get to pitch, and I get to be a pitching coach.
Anyways, Congratulations everyone on making a chapter!
P I E Army. Try finding the ratio of the circumference of a circle C A K E to its diameter without us.

d.riley

Post by d.riley » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:51 pm

Hey everybody, sorry I took so long, I just can't seem to remember to get on the forums much.

Name: Dave

I've been more and more concerned about the changes in my world in the last 10 years or so, and working on getting myself more prepared to deal with larger 'shit-hits-the-fan' events, which of course includes unexpected zombie uprisings. I'm slowly coming to realize that I can't plan for everything on my own, so now I am trying to sort out the various networks and resources the mass hordes would come to rely on, and develop the ones I think I could help with and rely on. I look at it as sort of an investment.

About me: I'm an industrial engineer working as a manufacturing engineer in Redmond (not microsoft). I moved here about 4 years ago from Oregon, but grew up in Texas.

Interests and hobbies: Computers, camping/hiking/backpacking, sustainable living, electric vehicles (racing and commuting), motorcycles (on and off road), and more recently: firearms, making beer, and stashing food.

Backpacking over in Idaho. Yes we hiked down to that lake and back. :-)
d.riley

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

jshu

Post by jshu » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:28 pm

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24957023@N02/2816071136/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24957023@N02/2816071006/

Name- Jay

Hometown- Skagit County, WA
Interests- Outdoors, sports, music, family.

Bio- I have a great daughter, I'm a very proud dad. Currently I am a full-time student, working part-time selling sporting goods while I earn my degree.

Mahatma Zombie
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Evil Dead Trilogy, Shaun Of The Dead and of course anything Romero!

Post by Mahatma Zombie » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:53 pm

Drum roll please... Hahaha...

Name: Grant

Hometown: University Place, WA

Interestes: Battling the undead, motorcycles and bacon (among other things)!

Bio: A man Just livin the dream everyday in The Great Northwest... 8)

Thomas Jefferson wrote:When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on.
Mahatma Zombie
Chapter Charity Committee Chairman (Say that 10 times fast!)
ZSC: 005 The Pacific Northwest Chapter

landline000

Post by landline000 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:42 pm

Name: Grey

Originally From: Downeast Maine
Previously: Hokkaido, Japan
Currently: Seattle, WA

Interests: cooking, history, theater tech (lighting and sound), teaching, preparedness, bass (guitar, upright, synth, fishing, all!), marksmanship, iaido (100% phone cord free), coffee, bouldering.

Bio: I recently (September 08) moved to Seattle, my first taste of living IN a city. I'm currently trying to survive as I apply for either a Masters of Education in Curriculum Design at UW or a Masters in Education Technology (Distance Learning) at UBC. I've mainly worked in theater or teaching.

I'm a bit stymied for improving my marksmanship and getting into IDPA-style training since I'm (A) new to the area, (B) don't have independent transportation yet and (C) most of my 'collection' is still on the opposite side of the country.

Thanks for setting up a PNW chapter just in time for me to get here! :lol:

Image Image
Havamal 47: Young was I once, I walked alone // and bewildered seemed in the way;
then I found me another and rich I thought me // for man is the joy of man.[/size]

Return to “ZSC:005”