Proposed site for next campout

Forum for the Pacific Northwest chapter members.

Moderators: ZS Chapter Volunteers, ZSC 005 Officers

Mr_Sheesh

Re: Proposed site for next campout

Post by Mr_Sheesh » Sun May 31, 2015 7:41 pm

Oh Noes, Assault BP Flintlocks! =p

If I can find caps & powder for my caplock maybe I can break it in, haven't had a chance to fire it yet.

Should be fun to fire the old smokepoles.
“Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters.” ― Albert Einstein

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Sun May 31, 2015 9:15 pm

Mr_Sheesh wrote:Oh Noes, Assault BP Flintlocks! =p

If I can find caps & powder for my caplock maybe I can break it in, haven't had a chance to fire it yet.

Should be fun to fire the old smokepoles.
I will be bringing #10 caps and some triple F powder for my 1858 revolvers. If your Caplocks are compatible I don't mind sharing.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

Mr_Sheesh

Post by Mr_Sheesh » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:48 am

Well, caplock 50 cal rifle so IDK, I'd want to not load very heavy loads in there for SURE.
“Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters.” ― Albert Einstein

pasha
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the living dead(both), 28 Days later, 28 Weeks later, The Last man on earth, Night of the comet, Dawn of the dead(both of them), Day of the dead(old one), Shaun of the dead, Lifeforce, Dance of the dead, Night of the Day of the Dawn of the Son of the Bride of the Return of the Revenge of the Terror of the Attack of the Evil, Mutant, Alien, Flesh Eating, Hellbound, Zombified Living Dead Part 2: In Shocking 2-D, Zombieland

Post by pasha » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:39 am

I should also have my oilcloth tarp and navel hammock ready for a test sleep.

This is the hammock.
http://theultimatehang.com/2013/01/worl ... -tutorial/

And this is the tarp.
http://www.myfamilysurvivalplan.com/mak ... ed-sheets/
Your greatest adversary hides in your mirror
ZS:OO5 Facebook group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/433432705260/

CQZ Jinxmedic
Favorite Zombie Movies: Titanic

Post by CQZ Jinxmedic » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:21 pm

Navel hammock? Ewww... :ohdear:
"Building communities, one body at a time"

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:06 am

CQZ Jinxmedic wrote:Navel hammock? Ewww... :ohdear:
Don't worry he picked the lint out.

Haha! Have a great time guys. I wish I could even make a day trip but alas, I'll be busy. Jealous of the BP guns and that penobscot bow that'll be out there!
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

Kilo147

Post by Kilo147 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:48 am

I don't have guns, I'm still trying to get a cookware and stove set, and I have no transportation. I do however have $40 to go towards food, a pop up tent, enough cereal and granola to last a frigging month, and basic first aid supplies for several people.

Anyone able to pick me up on the Eastside?

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:58 pm

Kilo147 wrote:I don't have guns, I'm still trying to get a cookware and stove set, and I have no transportation. I do however have $40 to go towards food, a pop up tent, enough cereal and granola to last a frigging month, and basic first aid supplies for several people.

Anyone able to pick me up on the Eastside?
I am up in Edmonds and could possibly give a ride. Send me a PM if interested.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

Falman
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the dead, Zombie land

Post by Falman » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:55 pm

I will be out there early Friday and have to leave Saturday morning. I will bring wood.

ineffableone

Post by ineffableone » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:29 pm

Been texting with Kilo and a good question has come up, how is the spot for accessible water sources? It looks like Lightening creek is over a ridge, and there are some pond/lakes on top. Any creeks or water sources in the area of the proposed camp site?

*edit to add, a closer look and it seems the lakes are over the ridge and down a pretty steep slope, so the question of water seems still a valid one.

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

Halfapint

Post by Halfapint » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:52 pm

ineffableone wrote:Been texting with Kilo and a good question has come up, how is the spot for accessible water sources? It looks like Lightening creek is over a ridge, and there are some pond/lakes on top. Any creeks or water sources in the area of the proposed camp site?

*edit to add, a closer look and it seems the lakes are over the ridge and down a pretty steep slope, so the question of water seems still a valid one.
A couple gallons of water is pretty cheap..... Generally in the camp outs its just bring water in so we don't have to fuss with water sources. I bring a little more because I enjoy my hot cider a little to much. Hahaha
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

ineffableone

Post by ineffableone » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:17 am

Halfapint wrote:
ineffableone wrote:Been texting with Kilo and a good question has come up, how is the spot for accessible water sources? It looks like Lightening creek is over a ridge, and there are some pond/lakes on top. Any creeks or water sources in the area of the proposed camp site?

A couple gallons of water is pretty cheap..... Generally in the camp outs its just bring water in so we don't have to fuss with water sources. I bring a little more because I enjoy my hot cider a little to much. Hahaha
yep not too hard to bring water, wish my water Jerry can wasn't still in NJ that thing was awesome. Yummy apple cider mix is something I pack in my comfort kit along with some teas.

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

ineffableone

Post by ineffableone » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:19 am

It is just nice to be able to utilize water filtration techniques and practice methods of water purification if possible. Plus a water source helps with clean up and general hygine.

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

Halfapint

Post by Halfapint » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:35 am

ineffableone wrote:It is just nice to be able to utilize water filtration techniques and practice methods of water purification if possible. Plus a water source helps with clean up and general hygine.
But this is a MBO what you can pack is what you have, you cant count on water supply. So if you have 5 gallons of water for 3 days. You might be smelly at the end but have nice and clean pots and pans ;) hahaha

I'm just messing around, the usual campsite we use for the last couple camp outs has a major stream right next to it.

ineffableone

Post by ineffableone » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:55 am

LOL Halfapint. I am not overly worried about water, just figured it was worth bringing up now, rather than once we all get to the site. This way folks can plan accordingly.

And I am treating this more as just a fun camping trip rather than a full blown MBO, the MBO is Aug last I heard which I hope I can make. Though of course I will still be bringing way more than I need for a weekend camping trip, and be ready to possibly stay out for good, never know what might happen while we are out there. And from looking at the satellite images, there are plenty of streams and even lakes near enough that if this were a serious bug out, all it would take is moving camp to a slightly better location maybe to have good water access.

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

Kilo147

Post by Kilo147 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:32 am

I've got a Sawyer Mini and a Steripen I've been dying to try out, so that's why I was curious. And yeah, water is cheap, but using what I got is more fun.

pasha
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the living dead(both), 28 Days later, 28 Weeks later, The Last man on earth, Night of the comet, Dawn of the dead(both of them), Day of the dead(old one), Shaun of the dead, Lifeforce, Dance of the dead, Night of the Day of the Dawn of the Son of the Bride of the Return of the Revenge of the Terror of the Attack of the Evil, Mutant, Alien, Flesh Eating, Hellbound, Zombified Living Dead Part 2: In Shocking 2-D, Zombieland

Post by pasha » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:56 am

Good question on the water. I haven't been on the site so I can say either way. We will find out.

There were some questions about the long/lats, so I made a map on google that may help.
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid= ... sp=sharing

Also here is the link to the facebook event page.
https://www.facebook.com/events/1449367 ... 808708359/

I will be monitoring the ZS coms when I get on site.
FRS/GMRS ch5.5 (462.66250 CTC/DCS 79.7)
CB ch5
440 Ham band: 446.500 (simplex)

ineffableone

Post by ineffableone » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:10 pm

Got back safe and unloaded my car, off to take a shower now.

Just wanted to say lots of fun, thanks to all who made it to this one.

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

Kilo147

Post by Kilo147 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:26 pm

No, thank you. I was completely unprepared for this, but now I have a list of everything I need for the next one. Thanks for puting up with me, I'll try to have all my shit together and ready next time. Mainly proper food and a way to cook it.

First thing I did was take a long shower. Then I just hopped in bed for like, 30 minutes. I'll have to remember to bring a pillow.

And despite the illness, despite the mosquitos (who got me 15 times) that was fun as hell. Can't wait to do it again.

ineffableone

Post by ineffableone » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:11 pm

There was some interest in some archery stuff at the camp out so here are a couple links I discussed

Low cost long bows from KP Archery
http://stores.ebay.com/KP-Archery

Low cost semi custom wood arrows from Merrill
http://www.dmerrill.com/page.php?funct=as&pName=Arrows

Oh and fletching from Lancaster Archery
http://www.lancasterarchery.com/arrows/ ... thers.html

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

ineffableone

Post by ineffableone » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:02 am

There was some discussion about the CS shovel I brought, this is the videos I mentioned about demonstrating the usefulness and mods.

And a link to the alpaca wool blanket source http://www.alpaca4less.com/alpaca-blankets-throws/ Mine was the Queen sized Banderita
Last edited by ineffableone on Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

Kilo147

Post by Kilo147 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:35 am

I still want to roll around naked in that blanket. That shit is amazing.

pasha
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by pasha » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:26 am

Yay, we survived!
Met new people, learned new things and had a great time, despite the sunburns and hordes of mosquitoes. :clap:
Here are the cords for the site we stayed at 47.079431,-121.541619

Now for the pics.
The road up.

Site 1. I forgot to take pics of site 2.

The range just within walking distance.

Hammock testing.

Mr_Sheesh

Post by Mr_Sheesh » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:32 am

ineffableone - TY for the links on Archery, can be fun :)

Return to “ZSC:005”