Zs meeting Feb 21 1pm

Forum for the Pacific Northwest chapter members.

Moderators: ZS Chapter Volunteers, ZSC 005 Officers

pasha
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the living dead(both), 28 Days later, 28 Weeks later, The Last man on earth, Night of the comet, Dawn of the dead(both of them), Day of the dead(old one), Shaun of the dead, Lifeforce, Dance of the dead, Night of the Day of the Dawn of the Son of the Bride of the Return of the Revenge of the Terror of the Attack of the Evil, Mutant, Alien, Flesh Eating, Hellbound, Zombified Living Dead Part 2: In Shocking 2-D, Zombieland

Zs meeting Feb 21 1pm

Post by pasha » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:38 am

It's time for a meeting! Come on over and have a good time. We have lots to discuss for this year (outings,shows,videos,classes). Lets see what we can get nailed down. Don't forget to bring a chair. :D
We will be meeting up on February 21st at the "Posh Rat Make Space" at 1pm. We will all the way in the back (see pics below).
10408 Pacific ave s
Tacoma WA 98444

Your greatest adversary hides in your mirror
ZS:OO5 Facebook group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/433432705260/

CQZ Jinxmedic
Favorite Zombie Movies: Titanic

Re: Zs meeting Feb 21 1pm

Post by CQZ Jinxmedic » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:54 am

A couple neat little points about this Make Space site:

1) When the Make Space is all set up, we will have a place to make things. Lots of things. (We must make all the things.)

2) It's close to Denny's. (and even closer to a really decent Mexican restaurant.)

3) There's a patch of ground in back suitable for tent stakes.

4) There's interesting "Garage Sales" on this property during the weekends.

5) If anyone wants to, we also can fire up the gas grill that we have on site. Mexican corn dog demo, perhaps?

6) We have dry erase boards and easeled flip charts on site for instructional classes.

7) We will also have DVD capability (but no cable.)
"Building communities, one body at a time"

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:06 pm

I like this, I like this a lot! We must indeed make ALL the things!
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:11 pm

Now that I am out of heavy equipment school I might be able to make a meeting. Unless something comes up I will be trying to make this one.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

pasha
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the living dead(both), 28 Days later, 28 Weeks later, The Last man on earth, Night of the comet, Dawn of the dead(both of them), Day of the dead(old one), Shaun of the dead, Lifeforce, Dance of the dead, Night of the Day of the Dawn of the Son of the Bride of the Return of the Revenge of the Terror of the Attack of the Evil, Mutant, Alien, Flesh Eating, Hellbound, Zombified Living Dead Part 2: In Shocking 2-D, Zombieland

Post by pasha » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:54 pm

Looks like there will be a good turn out according to the facebook page. See you all tomorrow!

Mr_Sheesh

Post by Mr_Sheesh » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:35 pm

I'll see if I can make that; Makespaces can be fun :) Bellevue to there is a way, tho, sadly.
“Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters.” ― Albert Einstein

pasha
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by pasha » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:10 pm

Great meeting! It was good to see so many friendly faces!

Here is link for those sail needles
http://www.ebay.com/itm/161327708414?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

and the card knives
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121343260312?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:13 am

I had a lot of fun finally getting to go to a meeting. Fun great bunch and a great space. Thanks everyone for making me feel welcome.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:35 am

ineffableone wrote:I had a lot of fun finally getting to go to a meeting. Fun great bunch and a great space. Thanks everyone for making me feel welcome.
honestly we didn't like you but like the people that kept coming around staring at the make space.... we just didn't know how to tell you to leave..................... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Just kidding it was great to have you! I'm glad we had a lot of people show up. Hopefully the make space will be fully up and running soon, and we can have regular meetings there to make stuff, in the place.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

ineffableone

Post by ineffableone » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:51 pm

Halfapint wrote:
ineffableone wrote:I had a lot of fun finally getting to go to a meeting. Fun great bunch and a great space. Thanks everyone for making me feel welcome.
honestly we didn't like you but like the people that kept coming around staring at the make space.... we just didn't know how to tell you to leave..................... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Just kidding it was great to have you! I'm glad we had a lot of people show up. Hopefully the make space will be fully up and running soon, and we can have regular meetings there to make stuff, in the place.
LOL

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

CQZ Jinxmedic
Favorite Zombie Movies: Titanic

Post by CQZ Jinxmedic » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:43 pm

ha ha, you guys... :rofl:

By the way, here's a link to that clutch pencil:

http://www.dickblick.com/products/art-a ... t-tin-set/

This gets you a super durable pencil with a lead that CANNOT break in regular use, and provides a good graphite cathode (anode? I forget) for Pasha's bleachmaking water purification system. (I recommend also purchasing a set of spare leads, as they are a bit longer than the ones that come with the pencil kit: http://www.dickblick.com/products/cretacolor-leads/ )

My padded "tool pouch" was simply a Japanese $2.00 pencil case from the DAISO store. It's just the right size to keep all of the "essential" smaller tools in one place, rather than scattered about through my BOB. The overall kit was a bit heavier than I would like, but hey, it's a tool kit. (Now to look for Titanium combination screwdrivers and crescent wrenches...)
"Building communities, one body at a time"

ineffableone

Post by ineffableone » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:48 pm

BTW the Baofeng programing got me looking more into those radios, and I discovered there is an interesting set of radios coming out from Baofengtech and Anytone I started a thread over here viewtopic.php?f=42&t=115553 about them. Sort of sounds like a possibly cool new HAM handset with features like weather resistance, firmware updating, kill codes to stop stolen handsets from being used against you, and more.

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

Return to “ZSC:005”