It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:04 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Name: William Rounds, but I answar to SGT Rounds, SGT, or Will.

Hometown: Reno NV

Interests: Auto racing, Mechanics. Animals.

Bio: I grew up on a ranch in northan california, spent the last 16 years in the army with armor as my job. I love anything with wheels and a motor.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:03 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Name:
incogneato (Jason)

Experience:
Former Air Force & Air National Guard, the odd smattering of outdoor skills, all things IT/computing related

Interests:
Preparedness, reading, computing, hiking, general tinkering

What you hope to learn:
I always hope to learn new things, hanging out with folks that are more/differently skilled than I am is generally a good way for me to do this.
In particular, I'm unhappy with the level of my firearm skills, something on my new years resolution list to fix.

Where did you hear about us?:
Somewhere on another forum that I was surfing through

I'm presently in CO, although working on moving up in that direction (wet side). I hope to be out there in the next year or so.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:50 pm 

Name: Geoff

Hometown: Wahiawa, HI
Current Location: Spokane WA

Bio: I was born in Tacoma and after growing up as an Army brat, I returned to the Northwest. I claim Wahiawa as my hometown as I went to high school there and graduated from Leilehua. I have worked as a software developer for 20+ years. Sometimes I can't believe people pay me to do my job, sometimes they can't pay me enough!
I have wife and three wonderful kids (ages 11, 12, and 15) that take up most of my time away from work. I'm heavily involved with Scouting as an Assistant Scoutmaster and a trainer for the district. I teach Scoutmaster Fundamentals and outdoor skills to new scoutmasters.

I've just started prepping with getting my family organized for a quick (60 second) bug out and stockpiling some food and water. I plan on building a full 72 hour bugout plan within the the next few months.

Interests: Hiking, backpacking, snowshoeing, skiing, sailing, tracking, plant identification and uses, primitive skills and archery. I tend to be a jack of all trades and a master of none. I have started getting into shooting my 10/22 with my family.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:08 pm 

Name: Courtney (aka IceMyst or Ice) also go by Boy named Sue
Hometown: Des Moines, WA
Current: Cap Hill

Just wanted to drop by introduce myself and say thanks for the wealth of knowledge that I have gained from the 2 years or so I have been lurking! I am an Eagle Scout, I've always had a strong interest to go out and walk the woods or anywhere I'm at. I love biking, hiking, backpacking, and camping in general. Born and raised in the PNW would love to some day see the community of Cascadia one day come to be! I don't have any kids and don't plan to for a while, I am single but living with my gf of a little over 2 years (who I am trying to slowly get into the whole prepper thing though I hate that word). One thing I hope to do in the next few years is buy a piece of land (more likely inherit from grandparents) and build a shipping container house on the property and start a aquaponics greenhouse to try and be as self reliant as possible. I also like long walks on the beach... wait wait sorry wrong forum.

Again thanks everyone for the knowledge you have imparted on me over the years from me stalking these forums.

Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:23 pm 

Name: Mike

Hometown: Kansas City, KS
Current Location: Kent, WA

Bio: I was born in Kansas and have also lived in South Dakota and of course here in Washington. I also spent a few years in the Army and was stationed at Ft. Sill, Schweinfurt, and Ft. Hood. I am married with one child. I've been prepping off and on for about 3 years now.

Interests: Computers, Books, Video Games, Board Games, Photography, Shooting.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:48 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Name : Danny

Hometown: Olympia

current: somewhere in Afghanistan

Bio: born and raised in WA. Got restless, decided to join the Air Force. Did that for a few year's, got restless again. Now I get paid to stand around and look damn sexy.

What I'm about: I'm just cruising around here, trying to make myself a better person, seeing what I can learn.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:53 pm 

Name: Wy
Occupation: Telling folks they did stuff not-so-good, on behalf of the local USCG chapter. Also, ICSy-stuff.
Area: I live in W.Sea

Just PCS'd over here from ZSC-007. :) They seemed a bit overrun anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:01 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Name : Doug L. Lefou

Hometown: Michigan

current: Renton, WA

Bio: Born in Pennsylvania, lived in New York, Michigan, Colorado, Washington

What I'm about: music production, trend analysis, hiking, exploring the back country

ZS Vehicle: ZS 0488
Combat Vet - Desert Storm, 3/8 Cav, 3rd Armored Div, US Army, 19K, 19E
CERT team, Renton, WA

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."
- Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:46 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Hello. My name is Josh Taylor and I live in Yelm, Washington. I'm married to my beautiful wife Brandy, and have a son Xander. I'm an owner operator/partner in Bigfoot Heating and Air Conditioning. I've been lurking for quite sometime, and finally figured it time time to pull the figurative trigger and officially join.

My goals are to improve my knowledge while hoping to help others in aiding for potential unfortunate times.

If you need to know more, just ask!

Stole the above from my first post in the introduction forum. All that being said, I'll personalize for the locals.

I love to meet new people. I'm into my family, my 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited QD, my 2006 Suzuki DR650 Dualsport, all guns, and anything to get me outdoors. I love over landing, adventure riding and being in the wilderness. Always legally armed and prepared.

I'll be looking forward to meeting up at future local events, and if anyone wants to meet up for previously mentioned activities, hit me up!

Oh, and I enjoy the occasional beer....

3%

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:03 am 

Name- David, I also go by Bullet or Boss

Occupation- Mechanic

Hometown- Kansas city

Current- Olympia

Bio- I like to have fun and build things, go shooting and 4 wheeling and work on cars. Just a typical guy really LOL

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:38 am 

Updated mi bio!

Name: TJ a.ka. Raven_Thunder

Hometown: Norwich, CT

Interests: Hiking, recreational shooting, getting into off roading

Bio: I'm originaly from Norwich, CT. I joined the Coast Guard in 2006, stationed in South Portland, ME from 2007 to 2009. Graduated Gunner's Mate "A" school and recieved orders to Port Angeles, WA (2010 to 2013). Now I am stationed in Silverdale, WA (fiance' is stationed in Neah Bay). I'm an Eagle Scout, ZS member (since 2005), and a Emergency Prepardness nut.

So, you're worst nightmare is waking up in a strange bed, seeing Chuck lying next to you wearing a minuscule thingy, doing a stripe while humming "Sweet child of mine"?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:25 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Hey,

My name is Todd. I enjoy long walks in the mountains, sleeping under the stars, and shooting things.
I have 3 kids and currently live in Covington. I do security for a variety of companies and organizations.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:49 pm 

Been a long time member and I couldn't find if I had done this yet or not.

So about me.
I am in my 30th and have been a "prepper" most of my life. I am a new Dad as of 2/12/14 to our little girl!. I am a master mason. My community and family are important to me and I work to be an asset to them. As a personal rule you should always have something to contribute. I spent several years working security and protection for a privet company. I now work as a GIS tech.

"When the world is at peace, a gentleman keeps his sword by his side" -ancient Chinese proverb

C.E.R.T.|EMMCOM|AID & CPR|KE7AYF|G27|G35|AR|12Ga|LX2|Benchmade|4x4| And a bad attitude...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:57 pm 

My name is Scott, I will be moving to Washington this fall/Winter. I live in Utah currently.
I am married with 2 daughters ages 8 and 5!

We are looking at the Port Townsend/ Sequim area and want to live on 5 or more acres in the woods!

I am a disabled OEF Army Vet and stay at home with the kids. My wife works at Home Depot.

I was a Law Enforcement Park Ranger for the NPS at 4 different parks in Utah and Arizona.

I love 4 wheeling and own 5 Jeeps at the moment.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:45 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Name: Scott

Interests: Being prepared for a disaster, history, survival skills, camping, motorcycles, exploring any desert, pepperoni pizza, and Terminator Stout.

Have been preparing for an earthquake for about 20 years....still working on it. Disaster response volunteer for a decade, local CERT volunteer, and amateur radio operator.

Would like to learn more skills, practice them more, and meet others in the PNW who are preparing.

Really appreciate the ZS Forum. Have learned a great deal here and there's still a whole lot more to learn.

Quintus Horatius Flaccus (Horace)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:21 am 

Name- James

Hometown- Marysville

Interests- Fishing, hunting, backpacking, drinking beer, radios,

Bio- Just moved to WA and have worn many hats including MP in the ARMY, dog trainer, ammunition manufacturer, and armed security officer.

The belief that one's own view of reality is the only reality is the most dangerous of all delusions.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:08 pm 

Name: Gabriel

Hometown: an industrial town in Rhode Island

Interests: Reading, being a dad, improving mental and physical strength and endurance, pencils

Bio: tl;dr childhood not worth mentioning, marine, truck driver, oilfield worker, hopefully soon-to-be college student. "may you live in interesting times" has definitely been the theme of my life.

I've been a member of ZS since 2007, albeit a mostly quiet one. I'm new to the PNW and love it. I'd love to help with anything the chapter does that I can fit into my schedule :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:03 pm 

I've been on ZS for a long time. Now I'm back in the Portland area after traveling around the US.

Currently have access to a gym near Vancouver WA, if there is any interest in doing some classes.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:56 am 

James from Marysville, WA here. I moved to WA for 3 years ago. Army Vet and construction worker.

The belief that one's own view of reality is the only reality is the most dangerous of all delusions.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9