E&E belt kit

Topics in this category pertain to planning. Discussions include how to prepare yourself, your family and your community for catastrophes and what you plan to do when they hit you.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

olaf_yahoo
Favorite Zombie Movies: Army of Darkness, Shaun of The Dead, Dawn of The Dead 76', Undead, 28 Days Later, Dawn of The Dead, The Walking Dead

Re: E&E belt kit

Post by olaf_yahoo » Thu May 30, 2013 1:37 am

Brief update, been wearing it every day and went to check contents to shift them around a bit. A small area of the velcro has come unstitched but its not a big deal. Two minutes with some thread and its all fixed, the elastic band is a little worn now but that's pretty easily replaceable.
"I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubble gum"

"Why bring more, when you can take Les"

E&E belt kit thread- viewtopic.php?f=6&t=77171

olaf_yahoo
Favorite Zombie Movies: Army of Darkness, Shaun of The Dead, Dawn of The Dead 76', Undead, 28 Days Later, Dawn of The Dead, The Walking Dead

Post by olaf_yahoo » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:03 am

I somehow managed to overlook that I needed a spare house key in there so I added that as well as some carefully wound paracord (maybe 5' of it), a couple more folded $20's, 3 slim 12" zipties, repolished the hacksaw in there and added some ducktape wrapped around an expired credit card that I cut to size, also added more thread as it takes up almost no space as well as some cotton fabric tinder, a few small fishing hooks and about 12' of spooled line (haven't been fishing in 25 years so its dubious how much help it would be for me). Added a P51 can opener, some wire and a little magnifying glass that I think came out of an old Swiss Army knife or something (its real glass though and powerful so who cares?).

Its surprising how much extra room I still have in there but I'm running out of ideas for small items that I don't already have. I'm very glad that I got this belt, the only time I'm without it is if I'm getting in bed. This way, even if I walk out of the house with nothing in my pockets, not my phone or my wallet or even my keys I know I still have functionality. Someone here once derogatorily suggested that I thought I was Batman "running around with his utility belt". Well its been useful a handful of times so far, covers a lot of the basics (albeit with limited capacity) and as yet, no one I interact with has given any indication that they are aware it exists. I have access to things I need in a way that doesn't slow me down and no one notices. That's a winner in my book, call me Batman any day = )
Last edited by olaf_yahoo on Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubble gum"

nomad211

Post by nomad211 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:21 am

No offense, Guys, but real this is the reason that virtually everyone makes prisoners remove ALL their clothing, submit to strip searches, & then issues their own clothing for them to wear.
So . . . unless you're planning on "keistering" your E&E kit, ya might want to consider something else.

And, BTW, just a suggestion for the photo of the $20 bill . . . several $5's works a lot better.

olaf_yahoo

Post by olaf_yahoo » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:04 am

Unless I get sucked into movie land I doubt I'll ever need it in any sort of true evasion situation. It is however excellent for carrying useful EDC and outdoors survival related items in a way that is always with you. You could set your pack down when hiking to go take a dump and get lost (people do it), unless you run off without your pants because a bear scared you stupid, you'll still have that gear. There's a lot of situations where you may not have your EDC bag for those of you that use them. The point being, if you have your pants, you have whatever useful goodies you managed to pack in the belt. I knowingly sometimes leave my EDC bag in the car, don't bring it with me or sometimes just forget to grab it. I've still got money, a couple ways to make fire, tools for whatever, Advil if I get a headache, neosporin for my or someone else's wound, tape, rope and thread to make repairs, a flashlight, batteries and a micro USB with useful documents even if all my pockets are empty. It may sound dorky (it is a little), it may sound a little mall ninja (a bit of that too) but the usefulness is hard to ignore. Now, all of you go buy Batman belts like mine so we can start a club!

BloodLust

Post by BloodLust » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:01 am

olaf_yahoo wrote:Unless I get sucked into movie land I doubt I'll ever need it in any sort of true evasion situation. It is however excellent for carrying useful EDC and outdoors survival related items in a way that is always with you. You could set your pack down when hiking to go take a dump and get lost (people do it), unless you run off without your pants because a bear scared you stupid, you'll still have that gear. There's a lot of situations where you may not have your EDC bag for those of you that use them. The point being, if you have your pants, you have whatever useful goodies you managed to pack in the belt. I knowingly sometimes leave my EDC bag in the car, don't bring it with me or sometimes just forget to grab it. I've still got money, a couple ways to make fire, tools for whatever, Advil if I get a headache, neosporin for my or someone else's wound, tape, rope and thread to make repairs, a flashlight, batteries and a micro USB with useful documents even if all my pockets are empty. It may sound dorky (it is a little), it may sound a little mall ninja (a bit of that too) but the usefulness is hard to ignore. Now, all of you go buy Batman belts like mine so we can start a club!
Agreed.

I've used the stuff on my belt a few times. Not as extensive as yours but the hidden swiss knife and some cash came in handy.

My take on this:
It's a piece of equipment that may or may not fit into everyone's plan but it does in mine. Like any piece of gear or plan, it should fit you and not someone else. What works for one may not work for another.

Although there are a lot of survival accounts where they lost their gear and had to survive wih what's in their pockets. Especially rafters and kayakers.
Erik wrote:First of all, I doubt your body is a weapon and if you threatened me with your body, I'd pull out a real weapon and see which is more effective.
Bear_B wrote: I am not too worried about the bullet with my name on it... its the bullets flying around with question marks on them that worry me.

Shadowalker

Post by Shadowalker » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:52 pm

I have quite a bit of experience in these sorts of topics. If anyone is interested I can explain what these are. They re all real and functional. wont waste time taking pics though if there isn't interest.

BloodLust

Post by BloodLust » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:08 am

Shadowalker wrote:I have quite a bit of experience in these sorts of topics. If anyone is interested I can explain what these are. They re all real and functional. wont waste time taking pics though if there isn't interest.

I see mostly lock picking items. I use the safety pins and paper clips myself. Although just very basic knowledge and success.
Erik wrote:First of all, I doubt your body is a weapon and if you threatened me with your body, I'd pull out a real weapon and see which is more effective.
Bear_B wrote: I am not too worried about the bullet with my name on it... its the bullets flying around with question marks on them that worry me.

Shadowalker

Post by Shadowalker » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:28 am

Safety pins came from a jailer. the two prison wedding rings from the same guy. Both broke off lol. Get the bolt cutters :awesome:
I have a lot of other ones. Most of those came from the top escape artists in the world. Santini, Ness, Sanford, Bigelow etc. There are the old school things up until the first plasticuffs. The mini tanto and the two above it are for plasticuffs Those are the first two prototypes ever made for folding handcuff keys as well. The shim on the left was made to skirt the underwire on a bra. I have lots of other ones but no point in digging them out if there isn't any interest. This group and the plastic keys etc. dont work on modern restraints anymore. Shims never worked lol. Those are stage tools.

charlie fox

Post by charlie fox » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:46 pm

Awesome posts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lawyers, Guns and Money"

"Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you."

olaf_yahoo

Post by olaf_yahoo » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:44 pm

Shadowalker- Having trouble figuring out what you mean. A tanto is a Japanese short bladed weapon, so what item are you referring to in the photo?

charlie fox

Post by charlie fox » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:25 pm

olaf_yahoo wrote:No problem, here's two links but the price is almost identical. Mine came in about ten days give or take, link one is where I bought it. It was $32.51 including shipping.

http://www.oscardelta.co.uk/SERE_Belt.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.hettykat.com/outdoor-surviva ... t-321.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Any available in the US that you know of? I was looking at the one by ShomerTec - any thoughts?

"Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you."

olaf_yahoo

Post by olaf_yahoo » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:10 am

I never saw nor looked for a supplier in the US, when I came across that one I'd already checked out ten others and had made my choice. In my opinion its worth the cost, which really isn't that high anyway. In my experience, the Oscardelta belt is the one to go with. I tried four leather belts with the inner zipper closure and their capacity was negligible. If you just wanted it for cash then it'd do fine, if you want to put anything else in there then the E&E belt is the only one I've found that works. Going from several photos I found of them, the black is the only one that hides the stitching, the others stand out way too much for my taste. Plus, the black helps hide the outline of whatever is in there and keeps it from printing too much. Even in normal sunlight its hard to tell mine has stuff in it and I know what to look for. If you want photos I can take some in daylight so you can see what I mean. Hope this helps.

BloodLust

Post by BloodLust » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:56 am

I'm interested in the pics bro.

olaf_yahoo

Post by olaf_yahoo » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:07 am

I'll get some tomorrow, I work the equivalent of 3rd shift so I'm just now getting to bed. If there's anything specific you want included, angles or whatever then be sure to include that, later.

olaf_yahoo

Post by olaf_yahoo » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:40 pm

I just came across the belt you were talking about, not a bad choice really. A little less cargo capacity than the O.D. belt but the sideways elastic pockets could be accessed without taking the belt off if you don't have it on too tight. The O.D. belt works this way as well but this one would be silent which is an advantage. I'll get pictures of mine when it starts getting light out.

http://www.blackscoutsurvival.com/2013/ ... eview.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

olaf_yahoo

Post by olaf_yahoo » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:46 am

Apologies for the multipost. I remembered that I have some other photos to add so here you go.

olaf_yahoo

Post by olaf_yahoo » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:29 am

Ok, sorry about the delay, work is suck right now. I took some today but the light wasn't as good as I thought it was. I did a few in direct sun but that seemed TOO bright so here's what I've got. The ones of the whole belt laid out were too far away to see any detail so this is it for now. If I can find the charge cord for my good camera then I'll be able to take better ones. Here you can see the outline of something there but what you can make out doesn't give away the quantity of stuff it contains. The section you are looking at is the bulkiest part of the belt so you can see how little there really is to see. Given that I wear casual dress clothes with the shirts untucked when not in my uniform, most people never even see this much.

Full size link:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b340/ ... e9c0fe.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BloodLust

Post by BloodLust » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:04 pm

That sing saw is interesting.

olaf_yahoo

Post by olaf_yahoo » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:08 pm

The what? I did a google search of sing saw and only came back with people so you'll have to help me out here.

BloodLust

Post by BloodLust » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:04 pm

LOL
Sorry about that. I meant RING SAW. The one you posted. My laptop is dead and I'm just using my phone to get online.
Lots of misspelling.

olaf_yahoo

Post by olaf_yahoo » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:35 pm

AH, got it. Its dual purpose, designed to be a shim and saw for E&E. They aren't too pricey, just been too lazy to get one. I have other pictures of whoever took those doing a demo of it cutting plastic. I don't know how long it took but he made some progress through the mouth of what looked like a soda bottle. That stuff is fairly rigid so it performed better than I would have expected. They are pretty large images so I can't put them here but I can do links if anyone wants. I have some other gear photos I've found that I'll get up pretty soon too.

charlie fox

Post by charlie fox » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:09 pm

olaf_yahoo wrote:I never saw nor looked for a supplier in the US, when I came across that one I'd already checked out ten others and had made my choice. In my opinion its worth the cost, which really isn't that high anyway. In my experience, the Oscardelta belt is the one to go with. I tried four leather belts with the inner zipper closure and their capacity was negligible. If you just wanted it for cash then it'd do fine, if you want to put anything else in there then the E&E belt is the only one I've found that works. Going from several photos I found of them, the black is the only one that hides the stitching, the others stand out way too much for my taste. Plus, the black helps hide the outline of whatever is in there and keeps it from printing too much. Even in normal sunlight its hard to tell mine has stuff in it and I know what to look for. If you want photos I can take some in daylight so you can see what I mean. Hope this helps.
Annnnd...they're out of stock until they finish their move:) Figures, my timing is always off!

olaf_yahoo

Post by olaf_yahoo » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:29 am

You mean Oscardelta?

charlie fox

Post by charlie fox » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:26 am

Yep. Their website said they're moving and hope to be back up in August:-(

Return to “Contingency Planning & Preparation”