WOW LDS preparedness has TON of info!

Topics in this category pertain to planning. Discussions include how to prepare yourself, your family and your community for catastrophes and what you plan to do when they hit you.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

none1

WOW LDS preparedness has TON of info!

Post by none1 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:15 pm

WOW the LDS preparedness manual really does have just a TON of helpful stuff.

Is there anyway we could store this on ZS, so it's always available, and sticky? I've copied the contents below. Also note from page 2 of the manual, it says
"This manual may be freely re-printed and distributed so long as
all of the copyrights of the original authors are respected, and such reproduction is
NEVER DONE FOR COMMERCIAL GAIN!."

Yes, it has some religous overtones, but there really is some good info on different types of grains, a schedule / priortity list of how to build up a food supply, etc..

http://www.abysmal.com/LDS/Preparedness ... edness.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's the index ....
THINKING ABOUT GETTING STARTED
3 Preface
6 Book of Gomer Parable, Author Unknown
8 Preparing for a repeat of Haun’s Mill, By Roger K. Young
16 Preparedness Test, by One Heart Inc.
17 Deluxe 96 Hour Kit, By Glenn A. Anderson
FOOD STORAGE
20 Food Storage, by Chris Parrett
22 BARE-MINIMUM Food Storage Requirements, by Chris Parrett
23 Do you Really have a Year’s Supply??, By Chris Parrett
24 Basic Food List, Lynette B. Crockett
28 Monthly Food Storage Purchasing Calendar, by Andrea Chapman
32 The Seven Major Mistakes in Food Storage, By Vickie Tate
34 Common Storage Foods, By Alan T. Hagan
35 Grains & Flours, By Alan T. Hagan
45 Legume Varieties, By Alan T. Hagan T. Hagan
47 Availability of Grains & Legumes,, By Alan T. Hagan Alan T. Hagan
50 Moisture Content in Grains & Legumes, By Alan T. Hagan
52 Dairy Products, By Alan T. Hagan
55 Canned Fluid Milks and Cremes, Butter, Cheese, Eggs, By Alan T. Hagan
58 Sugar, Honey and Sweeteners, By Alan T. Hagan
63 Fats and Oils, By Alan T. Hagan
65 Cooking Adjuncts, By Alan T. Hagan
69 Infant Formula, By Alan T. Hagan
71 Growing and Using Sprouts, by Al Durtschi
73 Pros & Cons of Freeze-Dried, Dehydrated, MRE, etc.., by Skipper Clark
74 MREs, Meal Ready to Eat, By Alan T. Hagan
81 Storage Containers, By Alan T. Hagan
93 Oxygen Absorbers, By Alan T. Hagan
93 Moisture Control, By Alan T. Hagan
99 Spoilage, By Alan T. Hagan
105 Storage Lives of Dehydrated Food, By Al Durtschi
111 Water, by Paton Turner
124 Master Food List, by Chris Parrett
128 Master Seed List, by Chris Parrett
TEMPORAL PREPARATION
129 OK, But what do I prepare for?, by Capt. Dave
132 Surviving in the City, Edited by Chris Parrett
142 Money, Edited by Chris Parrett
145 Defence, Edited by Chris Parrett
147 Clothing, Edited by Chris Parrett
148 Emergency Heating & Cooking, by Greg Pope
150 Emergency Light, by Robert Roskind & Brandon Mansfield
158 Emergency Shelter, by Larry Bethers
159 Master Preparedness List, by Chris Parrett
173 Space Cramp, Where do I Put it all?? by Kim Hicken
175 Emergency Sanitation, by Greg Pope.
176 Emergency Toilets & Garbage Disposal, by Alan T. Hagan
178 Emergency Generators, By Steve Dunlop
184 Thoughts on Disaster Survival, post Katrina , By Anonymous
TERRORISM
193 Protecting Yourself From Terrorism, By Kenneth B. Moravec
197 Homeland Security Advisory System, By Kenneth B. Moravec
199 Preparing for a Pandemic, By Kenneth B. Moravec
200 Fact about Avian Flu, By Kenneth B. Moravec
204 Quarentine, By Kenneth B. Moravec
205 Quarentining for Epidemics, By Kenneth B. Moravec
207 Biological and Chemical Agent Dispersion, By Kenneth B. Moravec
211 Common Biological and Chemical Agents
213 Nuclear - Chemical Decontamination Kit, By Kenneth B. Moravec
215 Nuclear Disaster and Warfare, By Kenneth B. Moravec
219 What to do After a Nuclear Attack, By Kenneth B. Moravec
221 What to do Before a Nuclear Attack, By Kenneth B. Moravec
ninja-elbow wrote: Almost every survival show I've ever seen has one common denominator: lack of caloric intake is shitty.

Richter

Re: WOW LDS preparedness has TON of info!

Post by Richter » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:54 pm

good find... I'm reading it now

EricinVirginia
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Shaun of the Dead, The Office

Post by EricinVirginia » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:26 pm

Ah preparedness. The new term for this stuff in the LDS Church is "provident living". Religious tones aside, the underlying focus on LDS preparation is to be able to take care of your family without having to rely on welfare or the largesse of others. Life happens and having a good cushion of basic supplies, food, and other items can not only help you through tough times - like losing a job - but also survive some of life's harsher realities. Katrina was a nice eye opener to how little the government is able to do. Lots of stories about LDS warehouses being opened up to FEMA and other survivors for everything from food, to medical, to power.

I'm sure some of you have noticed how much and how many of these survival supplies, especially food items, come from Utah? Most practicing Mormons should have or be working towards a good 3 months of food and emergency supplies. I think the order is 72 hour kit. When you have that go for a financial cushion. When you have that, go for a 3 month food/emergency supply. When you have that, go for several years. Get rid of and in point - avoid debt except for mortgages and education. Many of the same things we talk about on ZS. Though I've noted that there are zero topics/chapters on:
- What's better against a zombie? A machette, a sword, or an ax?
- My shotgun is better than your battle rifle. Is not! Is so! Bring it on Annie O!
- It's all about the blue wire.
- Evacuation... which is odd given the pioneer history. Most of the LDS stuff will be about bugging in and fortifying.

DannusMaximus
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by DannusMaximus » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:31 pm

I really wasn't aware that LDS had the prepping thing going for them until I started seeing more and more stuff like this pop up on this site.

At the risk of a thread derail...

Why does this church have prepping as such a bedrock priority? I would guess that its history of domestic persecution has something to do with it, but most religions have been beat up on at some time in their history and don't have the same preps mindset, so that might not be it. Anybody able to illuminate?

I don't want to drag up off limit topics (like, er, religion) so the Cliff's Notes version of LDS prepping would suffice. :wink:
Holmes: "You have arms, I suppose?
Watson: "Yes, I thought it as well to take them."
Holmes: "Most certainly! Keep your revolver near you night and day, and never relax your precautions..."

- The Hound of the Baskervilles

EricinVirginia
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by EricinVirginia » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:59 pm

I just finished scanning this document and enjoyed it. I doubt this is an official LDS document though. It lacks the formality most church publications have... I'd believe it was written by a well-meaning member of the LDS Church.

Dannus, breakdown/Cliff Notes on prepping...
- Early LDS church was founded in early 1800s in New York state and progressively moved or was driven out from various communities all the way to Utah. Persecution was part of it, but packing up and leaving/i.e. bugging out was part of the PAW-like Utah the early members ultimately found in Utah. Self-reliance and hard work all became part of the pioneer ethic. The prep work of 1st stage pioneers/bug-outers was to plant crops and prepare roads/camp sites for the those who came after. It was all very staged and planned and became part of the church's sub-culture.
- Book of Revelations in the Bible talks about a lot of awful things happening before the 2nd Coming of Christ/Rapture. Most LDS members were quite literal in their feelings that "Latter Day Saints" - the LDS acronym - meant that 2nd Coming was going to happen soon. By the time they struggled their way to Utah, I think most of them thought about Revelations and other prophecies as more a challenge like 'bring it on!' to make it through to the 2nd Coming, which was going to happen soon.
- The Book of Mormon ends with the Nephite society turning in on itself in civil warfare until a father (Mormon) and his son Moroni (the statue on top of Mormon temples) were the last generals of their society. Mormon died in war and entrusted the Book of Mormon to Moroni who bugged out and saved their society's last and most precious record.

So, for prepping... all these prophecies point at all these awful things happening and the Saints were ready for it. Then the Great Depression happened. Then the Cuban Missile Ciris. Then the 70s. Then Y2k. Then Katrina. Then credit derivatives... each reaffirming that good basic and personal preparadness aren't just a good thing for getting ready for the 2nd Coming, but are also a good thing for any wise and foresightful person to do for themselves and for their loved ones. On a national level, these crises are awful, but on a personal level, you could always have loss of a job or death of a wage earner trigger a family's own personal crisis for which prepping would help. And just look at all the stories on ZS about how prepping came in handy for this or that, and often for things that didn't even involve zombies! 8) For the Church itself, the LDS Church has a massive welfare program for its members... and a large part of the focus on personal preparedness comes from the fact that any welfare system will ultimately get overly-taxed if too many individuals hit it all at the same time.

Edited to add: Mods, if this is too religiousy, feel free to kill this post. Or, I can edit to be even more disconnected.

Phoenix David
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: I am legend, Omega man

Post by Phoenix David » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:15 pm

DannusMaximus wrote:I really wasn't aware that LDS had the prepping thing going for them until I started seeing more and more stuff like this pop up on this site.

At the risk of a thread derail...

Why does this church have prepping as such a bedrock priority? I would guess that its history of domestic persecution has something to do with it, but most religions have been beat up on at some time in their history and don't have the same preps mindset, so that might not be it. Anybody able to illuminate?

I don't want to drag up off limit topics (like, er, religion) so the Cliff's Notes version of LDS prepping would suffice. :wink:
A co-worker of mine is LDS and he is the person who I got my initial prepping info from, now we exchange info and stuff we come across.
Nobody ever wishes they brought a smaller gun to a gun fight

thelung187
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days

Post by thelung187 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:12 pm

EricinMaryland wrote:I just finished scanning this document and enjoyed it. I doubt this is an official LDS document though. It lacks the formality most church publications have... I'd believe it was written by a well-meaning member of the LDS Church.

Dannus, breakdown/Cliff Notes on prepping...
- Early LDS church was founded in early 1800s in New York state and progressively moved or was driven out from various communities all the way to Utah. Persecution was part of it, but packing up and leaving/i.e. bugging out was part of the PAW-like Utah the early members ultimately found in Utah. Self-reliance and hard work all became part of the pioneer ethic. The prep work of 1st stage pioneers/bug-outers was to plant crops and prepare roads/camp sites for the those who came after. It was all very staged and planned and became part of the church's sub-culture.
- Book of Revelations in the Bible talks about a lot of awful things happening before the 2nd Coming of Christ/Rapture. Most LDS members were quite literal in their feelings that "Latter Day Saints" - the LDS acronym - meant that 2nd Coming was going to happen soon. By the time they struggled their way to Utah, I think most of them thought about Revelations and other prophecies as more a challenge like 'bring it on!' to make it through to the 2nd Coming, which was going to happen soon.
- The Book of Mormon ends with the Nephite society turning in on itself in civil warfare until a father (Mormon) and his son Moroni (the statue on top of Mormon temples) were the last generals of their society. Mormon died in war and entrusted the Book of Mormon to Moroni who bugged out and saved their society's last and most precious record.

So, for prepping... all these prophecies point at all these awful things happening and the Saints were ready for it. Then the Great Depression happened. Then the Cuban Missile Ciris. Then the 70s. Then Y2k. Then Katrina. Then credit derivatives... each reaffirming that good basic and personal preparadness aren't just a good thing for getting ready for the 2nd Coming, but are also a good thing for any wise and foresightful person to do for themselves and for their loved ones. On a national level, these crises are awful, but on a personal level, you could always have loss of a job or death of a wage earner trigger a family's own personal crisis for which prepping would help. And just look at all the stories on ZS about how prepping came in handy for this or that, and often for things that didn't even involve zombies! 8) For the Church itself, the LDS Church has a massive welfare program for its members... and a large part of the focus on personal preparedness comes from the fact that any welfare system will ultimately get overly-taxed if too many individuals hit it all at the same time.

Edited to add: Mods, if this is too religiousy, feel free to kill this post. Or, I can edit to be even more disconnected.
Thanks for posting this, probably one of the most interesting things I've read all week! :D
AZMedic wrote:Oh thats not sarcasm at all. We would be truly fucked.
Melpat wrote:That "lacquer coated" ammo causes Christ to curse, causes babies to cry at odd hours, and is responsible for flat beer.
I am AR/9mm convert/pie/red-wire classic-style.

DannusMaximus
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by DannusMaximus » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:56 pm

Just the kind of information I was looking for, Eric. You just made me smarter! That will show my wife, who believes that "Zombiesquad is going to turn your brains to mush, dear..."

:lol:
Holmes: "You have arms, I suppose?
Watson: "Yes, I thought it as well to take them."
Holmes: "Most certainly! Keep your revolver near you night and day, and never relax your precautions..."

- The Hound of the Baskervilles

dukman
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!

Post by dukman » Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:41 am

EricinMaryland wrote:I just finished scanning this document and enjoyed it. I doubt this is an official LDS document though. It lacks the formality most church publications have...
Well there is that, and the fact on page 2 in large red text they say that it isn't an official church document :lol:

As a prepper, It doesn't matter the source as free good info is free good info. If I don't follow certain beliefs, or do not agree with statements within a survival document, oh well, I can skim past those and glean the information that I find useful. Thanks for the link!
M-O-O-N, that spells survival, law's yes!
Duk's Bags: GLOF GHB ONB EDC
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything ~Tyler Durden

SamuraiBobX26
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil, Evil Dead, Night of the Living Dead, Dead Alive

Post by SamuraiBobX26 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:26 am

Well, I can't see the PDF here at work, but from the sound if it, there is a lot os useful information in it.

I will have to go hoem and download it and read it at work on sunday.
A Sword may be sharp, but a keen mind is sharper.

Only after disaster can we be resurrected.

wolf_from_wv

Post by wolf_from_wv » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:32 am

I downloaded it and added it to my collection.
Strength Of My Life, whom shall I dread?
When them evildoers approach to devour my flesh.
Even if there would be an army against me,
My heart would not fear.
-P.O.D.

Abacus
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Abacus » Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:26 pm

I do admit that their food calculator played a big part in my putting away my first two years of food.

If you really want to see something impressive, check out your local Mormon cannery. Remember that last scene in raiders of the Lost Ark when the Ark is being rolled into the warehouse filled with crates as far as the eye can see? It's like that, except its all full of food. The local elders were very obliging in giving us a tour, and responsive to the idea of ZS.

Also, if you are willing to work the canning machine a little, you can get a LOT of dry staples for very little. I think it was something like 300 some odd pounds of wheat, rice and milk or about $200. They will also rent out the canning machine and sell you #10 cans for one badass local ZS drypack canning meeting where you can use your own dry goods.
Last edited by Abacus on Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by raptor » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:17 pm

We need to avoid religion in this thread. The fact that a church maintains some excellent resources for us with regard to preparation is not religion. Rather it is noting and utilizing a resource provide by an organization that is religious thus well within the realm of acceptability by the ZS rules.

As long as we stay within these boundaries, everything is golden.

The LDS church has many good resources. These sources are not religious and they are open to any seeking to use them.

This calculator is truly useful.

http://lds.about.com/library/bl/faq/blcalculator.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SamuraiBobX26
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil, Evil Dead, Night of the Living Dead, Dead Alive

Post by SamuraiBobX26 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:32 pm

Raptor thanks the the link to the food calculator. It gives me a real good idea of wher I should be and where I am at now. I book marked it for future reference as my family situation changes if me and my wife decide to have more kids.
A Sword may be sharp, but a keen mind is sharper.

Only after disaster can we be resurrected.

Istvan56
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead & Night of the Living Dead

Post by Istvan56 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:34 pm

I'm one of several LDS members here in ZS. You guys have already discovered why we prepare, we were driven out of several states and bugged out to the West. We were prepping back when it was called "pioneering." While Utah is our HQ we founded colonies in Southern Idaho, Nevada (Las Vegas has a large LDS population despite it's rep as "Sin City"), Arizona and Mexico. (Pancho Villa and the Mexican Revolution ended our colonias in Mexico.)

You would not believe the length the LDS Church has gone to get members to be self-sufficient and yet most still are not prepped. :? Of course we teach that it isn't just for the PAW but for any time of need such as an economic downturn. I've been living off of mine for most of the past year while I've gone through bankruptcy. When my preps ran out the church's welfare system (i.e. Bishops Storehouses) has been giving us temporary assistance. When I am able again I will be helping to build back up the system so other members can use it in times of need. That's how we've worked since the Great Depression.

Anyway, look up our Provident Living site through http://www.providentliving.org for more than just the food calculator. The church has changed the food storage program from get "a years supply" then double it to getting 3 months at a time till you have your first year, then rotate stock to maintain it. Too many people were buying a years supply of the very basics (wheat, salt, oil, honey, etc.) and then letting it go bad over time. We now focus on buying what you regularly eat and supplementing it with dry goods to extend the supply base. For instance, buy 3 months of what you regularly eat in wet pack canned goods, then buy bulk/dry pack common goods such as cereals, pastas, rice, flour, wheat, etc. After the first 3 months then add another three months that goes into the rotation. Avoid debt while you purchase, just buy a little extra each week and so forth. It just made it easier for folks to acquire and maintain a year's supply over time.

Due to the site being sponsored by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints there is zero mention of guns as part of the preps. There used to be as part of the pioneer requirements back in the days of Brigham Young. Now things aren't as simple as when the prophet could say, "every man have a musket and sixty rounds of ammunition." (Notice he didn't say which brand of musket to buy or what caliber!) Today too many folks would want God to tell him which shotgun was the best, AR vs. AK, 9mm vs. .45 ACP and so forth. We believe that folks should just figure those out for themselves, use their free agency to pick what suits them. Besides, being a world-wide church not all our members live where owning firearms as part of one's preps is legal. Heck, we have folks who can't store a years supply of food because their governments say that is "hoarding" and criminal. So while many Mormons have guns we don't talk about them much with each other. (I was impressed when my boys told me my bishop has an AK though. I thought he was a bit of a snob and would only run with a Colt. :lol: )

EricinVirginia
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by EricinVirginia » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:20 pm

So Istvan you actually stock up on stuff you'd eat and are eating it? Nice. The first thing about the document that struck me as non-Churchy were the sections about possibly shooting your neighbors and pets and some of the language choices, after the vernacular writing style. You can tell where the author pulled from Church content because all of sudden the writing style becomes very dry.

I periodically check my utility room for food options and discovered that my oldest items are:
- Giant can of spam from 1996 *
- Giant can of corn chowder from 1996 *
- Jars of chicken and beef bullion cubes from 1996
- We must have 200 cans of tomato sauce, paste, tomato something
- We added Honeyville powdered eggs and milk in Dec.

The LDS tables of how much food you need are killer.

* Because nothing says END OF THE WORLD like eating 15 year old spam. I'm tempted to open it up and see if it's still edible - for science.

Apollo-11

Post by Apollo-11 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:03 pm

As long as the seal is good and the can is not dented or leaking or bulging, your Spam is fine. That info is from their own website. It's good pretty much indefinitely, because they seal the raw meat into the can and then pressure cook it. No way for bacteria to spoil it. It apparently doesn't degrade much over time. I've heard anecdotal evidence that people have eaten spam that was 40+ years old and it was OK. Obviously, check for dents or bulges or leaks, and give it the old smell test. I've never run across a bad one yet. I save the old cans, clean them out, and make survival candles out of them. I'd personally make it a point to rotate out those cans that are over 5-8 years and use them up.

Ahem, getting back on topic, I am a big fan of what the LDS church is encouraging their members to be prepared for. I'm not LDS, but I'm also smart enough to *not reinvent the wheel.* They have done a lot of the work already and figured it all out.

We've been interacting with a local Mormon lady who is the head of their food storage in our city. She's a wealth of information, and she does not care if we are not LDS. She's not out to convert us. We've volunteered time at the cannery and bought hundreds of pounds of food from them, cheap. We see eye to eye on a lot of things, actually. We're not LDS, but we probably agree on more stuff than we don't.

Some of what I've picked up from the LDS:

Buy food to last you through hard times; if that is a ZPAW or just a layoff, it does not matter.

Buy what you can when you can afford it, on your budget. Having an emergency supply of money or hard currency is important, too. Don't rack up a credit card bill to buy $6000 worth of freeze dried food. Pay down your debt. Interest is for suckers. Stored food is a hedge against future inflation, because it will cost more later than it does now.

Buy things that have a good shelf life, and store them properly in cans or buckets. Heat, light, moisture, bugs, and rodents are your enemy. If you store them improperly you *will* lose. I know this from personal experience.

Buy a good balance of protein, fat, and carbs with whatever vitamins and trace minerals you need. Figure out what you need to store, and the proper amount of calories you will need per person per day for however long you are preparing for. You can incrementally work up to a month, then 3 months, then 6, etc.

Rotate, and make sure you mark the date you sealed up those #10 cans!

Keep an inventory of your supplies (I keep an Excel spreadsheet) and put down two dates: the purchase date, and the expected use-by date, even if that is 10-20 years from now. I am also going to expand that spreadsheet to include the caloric content. It will be interesting to know how many meals we have. Shooting for 4 people for a year. We're probably pretty close.
Insert witty quote here.

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (org)

Post by Sckitzo » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:38 pm

Uptil a few months ago I had no idea that LDS and prepping had anything in common, until I mentioned it to a coworker and gave me a brief rundown. I was impressed by the amount of info out there the church (and it's members) has put online and been using it.

This looks like a more in depth copy then what I had so thanks, should prove useful.

akraven

Post by akraven » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:26 pm

I recently had some contact with the local LDS community and they were exceptionally friendly and helpful folks.
Lots of knowledge and experience and willing to share!

Mr. E. Monkey

Post by Mr. E. Monkey » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:58 am

Istvan56 wrote:(I was impressed when my boys told me my bishop has an AK though. I thought he was a bit of a snob and would only run with a Colt. :lol: )
:lol:
SMoAF wrote:'Tis better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
Beowolf wrote:Disasters are terrifying, but people are stupid.
wee drop o' bush wrote:THE EVIL MONKEY HAS WON THE INTERNETS! :lol: Image

dltrammel

Post by dltrammel » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:56 pm

Thanks for the background on the Mormon Church.
Luck Favors The Bold, Chance Favors The Prepared.

ZombieGranny
Favorite Zombie Movies: eh - heck with it, I'm not leaving - I like it here, and the regular folks like me being here.

Post by ZombieGranny » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:02 pm

Last edited by ZombieGranny on Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In my day, we didn't have virtual reality.
If a one-eyed razorback barbarian warrior was chasing you with an ax, you just had to hope you could outrun him.
-
Preps buy us time. Time to learn how and time to remember how. Time to figure out what is a want, what is a need.

Istvan56
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead & Night of the Living Dead

Post by Istvan56 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:36 pm

The Bishops Storehouse should be able to tell you where the cannery is. Give the closest storehouse a call. Sometimes the dry pack cannery is on the same site but around to the side or back.

Abacus
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Abacus » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:14 pm

ZombieGranny wrote:The LDS has very good information...
I keep trying to find the local cannery.
I have the address, we went looking, and couldn't see it. All the buildings there seem to have something else in them. Frustrating.
We had exactly the same problem when we went to reccy, eventually we just walked in to one of the open buildings and said what we were looking for and someone was able to point us in the right direction. Start with the "drypack".
ImageImage

Return to “Contingency Planning & Preparation”