It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 590 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:20 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

My mom highly dislikes the idea of having a store on hand so I made it "disappear" I have 10 cases of LTS food under each of my kids twin beds (2 of them). It looks something like this...
I also currently have 14 gallons of water(soon to add more when I have the funds) which are not pictured as well as a decent variety of canned meats hiding behind my collection of movies. I have yet to get a good picture of the 5 gallon buckets, but those are in the closet directly behind me, those include around 120lbs of wheat and other assorted grains.

Short term storage is in the pantry proper and she doesn't complain about that, just the long term stuff, calls me a hoarder. Oh well at least we won't be hungry if things go ugly.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:59 pm 

This is a great thread. Im impressed by everyones efforts and their ability to see beyond tomorrow. Keep up the great work!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:46 am 
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

hightecrebel wrote:
Skuldugary wrote:
One of the only places I can store food is in an outdoor shed. It's not insulated so it gets hot in the summer. I'm concerned about long term food storage having it's shelf life cut in half, or more, by the heat.

Anyone have some suggestions?

Wrong place for your question. Start up a new thread in the Contingency Planning & Prep forum and some of the folks with more experience can help you out with that. I haven't run into that issue yet, so I wouldn't want to steer you wrong.

There already is one...

http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... 6&t=104558

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:40 pm 

celtic_phoenix wrote:
My mom highly dislikes the idea of having a store on hand so I made it "disappear" I have 10 cases of LTS food under each of my kids twin beds (2 of them). It looks something like this...
I also currently have 14 gallons of water(soon to add more when I have the funds) which are not pictured as well as a decent variety of canned meats hiding behind my collection of movies. I have yet to get a good picture of the 5 gallon buckets, but those are in the closet directly behind me, those include around 120lbs of wheat and other assorted grains.

Short term storage is in the pantry proper and she doesn't complain about that, just the long term stuff, calls me a hoarder. Oh well at least we won't be hungry if things go ugly.

How old is your mom?!?!? She's at least got to be my age! My parents were depression kids, they didn't call it hoarding back then.

You mom should be very proud of you! Hoarding indeed. :(

What does she do for a living?!? People with that mindset make me curious. It just seems so anti common sense.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:48 pm 

:vmad: :vmad: I paid for a 30 day survival pack from WISE FOODS 5 weeks ago. Still no delivery. Its in prosessing. Every time I call about it. Its a week wait... Be careful of this company.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:15 pm 

bosun1 wrote:
:vmad: :vmad: I paid for a 30 day survival pack from WISE FOODS 5 weeks ago. Still no delivery. Its in prosessing. Every time I call about it. Its a week wait... Be careful of this company.

It is well known in the prepper community that Wise doesn't deliver and doesn't have the best foods.

Rancher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:44 am 

azrancher wrote:
bosun1 wrote:

It is well known in the prepper community that Wise doesn't deliver and doesn't have the best foods.

Rancher

Also well known that many of the dried meal producers are behind schedule for years now.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:19 am 

Also well known that we have a questions thread:

http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... 6&t=104558

This thread is just for pics. Please refrain from posting more commentary in this one and use the other one.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:08 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

I bought some cardboard can organizers, and finally got the pantry back into some kind of shape! I can now find (almost) everything quickly. I need to do some additional work with the labeller. But oh man this looks better than it was. The pics are also a couple months old, and the pantry still looks like that, so the system is working at this time.

First pic is the common-use pantry, for stuff the kids need regularly and can get themselves - granola, cereal, oatmeal, raisins, nuts, crackers, etc. It's a home made shelf abandoned by previous homeowners that happily fits into about 12" of wasted space between the stairs and the wall right outside the pantry.

Next 3 pics are my pantry shelving units.

The top black tote is the "grab-n-go" food, which is light, the bottom is "only in case of apocalypse" and is out of the way until rotated (and heavy...).

View from the door.

The cat is not actually part of the pantry.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:44 pm 

duodecima wrote:
I bought some cardboard can organizers...

Thanks! I bought 16 of them as soon as I saw your pics!

Heks wrote:
engagement ring.... is that a MOLLE accessory?

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 12:38 pm 

In the process of purchasing my parent's house whilst they're purchasing a retirement property up north. They're downsizing and left the majority of their food storage and shelving to me.

I'm still unpacking so haven't inventoried and organized yet, at rough estimate I have about 270 #10 cans of various goods, around 75 gallons of wheat, 6 gallons of honey, and a lots and lots of canned and other smaller goods.

In addition to the pictured, we have two pantries in the kitchen with cereal, crackers, and other perishables. When they told me they were leaving all this for me I felt like I won the food storage lottery.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 7:28 am 

roOism wrote:
In addition to the pictured, we have two pantries in the kitchen with cereal, crackers, and other perishables. When they told me they were leaving all this for me I felt like I won the food storage lottery.

Good God man, you did !

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:36 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

The pantry stacked deep after a big resupply. I'm gonna need to make room after canning day next week.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:09 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Lookin' real good!

Boondock wrote:
The pantry stacked deep after a big resupply. I'm gonna need to make room after canning day next week.

Dragon Savers!
Golden Dragons!
Tropic Lightning!
Duty! Honor! Country!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 590 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25