Req: Comprehenssive List of Documents To Carry

Topics in this category pertain to planning. Discussions include how to prepare yourself, your family and your community for catastrophes and what you plan to do when they hit you.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

The Highwayman
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil series

Re: Req: Comprehenssive List of Documents To Carry

Post by The Highwayman » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:25 pm

TFB, good to see you back around!

I have one item that I almost never see listed as something to have on file and/or secured via USB- ALL firearms makes, models, and ESPECIALLY serial numbers!
Join ZS:17- FL

RIP Hk33k

TheFreakinBear
Favorite Zombie Movies: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Trilogy, Boondock Saints, 300, Snatch, Ghostbusters, Ice Age.

Post by TheFreakinBear » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:02 pm

Kabong30 wrote:
TheFreakinBear wrote:And in my defense, maps are important documents....you try to get somewhere without a GPS (a digital map) or a paper map and tell me it's not important lol.

Just remember to never laminate your social security card as it will become void if you do so and you'll have to get another.
So, I guess you're doing that thing they said you were in the other thread, huh? Good luck to you, sir.
Ok? What the hell are you on about?

DTOM - Sup buddy? I never thought of that. You could create a simple spreadsheet to keep track by make, model and SN like you said. That's a good idea. I have so few I could probably put them on an index card, laminate it and put it in my wallet lol.
ImageImage

ZedR1

Post by ZedR1 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:42 pm

A note about those Sentry Lock Boxes - Don't place them where they have a chance of falling. I carelessly kicked mine off the end of my bed Freshman year, it fell, hit something, and knocked the locking mechanism right off.

CajunHam

Re:

Post by CajunHam » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:24 pm

Politenessman wrote:If the SHTF, those documents largely become irrelevant anyway.
My reason for keeping these documents is for limited scale problems (like Katrina).
Something like KATRINA is the SHTF, if you can not prove your id, you might have a problem,
as you say, you are British by Birth but American by choice, then you want to really make sure you
have your ducks in a row. I keep Certified copies of all my paperwork in a folder, Passport and
paperwork ready to go, kept in a fire proof box.
Cache L'Poudre, Remember my rule of 1000's, 1000 ounces of Silver, 1000 rounds of Ammo and 1000 watt Generator will always serve you well.

Nous souvinais l'Acadie, yeah, remember, The Acadiens, The Cherokees and the Choctaws have their own trail of tears, we will remember. Be ready to pack it up and move quickly, its our national heritage!!!!

safariteam5

Post by safariteam5 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:04 pm

Excellent post! This is especially important when travelling abroad as well. It is amazing how many Americans abroad show up to the American Citizens Services (ACS) section at the Embassy minus their passport due to loss or theft and having no backup documents to prove identity.
De Oppresso Liber

TOTJ
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead

Post by TOTJ » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:54 pm

I keep everything on a usb drive around my neck on a chain in a water proof holder.
I got it from a friend who is a LA City Fireman.
I have all our Lic. Ins. Papers, Deeds, SS Cards, Pictures of inside and out side
the house, of our cars and of course RECENT Pictures of my family and dog
incase one goes missing.
I almost forgot. It is password protected....
"If you have men who will only come if they know there is a good road, I don't want them. I want men who will come if there is no road at all." (David Livingstone)

Return to “Contingency Planning & Preparation”