Travel to Aruba

Topics in this category pertain to planning. Discussions include how to prepare yourself, your family and your community for catastrophes and what you plan to do when they hit you.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Smash05
ZS Member
ZS Member

Travel to Aruba

Post by Smash05 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:37 am

I'm trying to put a kit together for my wife and I for a week long trip to Aruba. Since it is a trip to a foreign country, I am treating this a bit differently than some of our other trips. Kit will be very basic, but supplemented with snacks and basic food items when we arrive. I will say this firmly, I do not expect an issue, but I am unwilling to trade away some basic preparations just because it is a foreign destination. I have had some difficulty determining the specific laws on things like knives, so I have defaulted to a Spyderco SpyDK slipit, a SAK, and perhaps an inexpensive dive knife (or maybe a mora) as I am told fixed knives other than a dive knife may be a no-no. Truth be told we will probably go snorkelling, and the dive knife would probably come with me on that excursion but would otherwise be at the hotel. I am told that dive knives are not looked at as odd on the island - so that is why the default there. Any suggestions for the kit? What am I definately allowed, what is a problem, etc. I am building around one of my Best Glide kits, and a basic trauma/first aid kit. Thoughts?
Those who are prepared to help themselves, are prepared to help others.

Return to “Contingency Planning & Preparation”