The Coming Civil War

Topics in this category pertain to planning. Discussions include how to prepare yourself, your family and your community for catastrophes and what you plan to do when they hit you.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

User avatar
Stercutus
* * * * *
Posts: 12902
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:16 pm
Location: Home where my thought's escaping

Re: The Coming Civil War

Post by Stercutus » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:20 pm

America has mechanisms for legal and cultural change without violence. The choice to use violence shows impatience and a lack of respect for existing mechanisms. This lack of respect and impatiance comes, I suspect, from a history of subverting the normal mechanisms of change and being applauded for it. The old ways would still work if the users of violence would measure their timetables in years or decades, but they do not want to do that.

Some people don't like the current mechanisms such the Electoral College and want to change it. Some don't trust the process so every close election (and some not even so close) that there are a number of law suits out there for them. Some electoral officials do not follow the law and are often not held to account.

We have had election fraud pretty much as long as we have had elections. Some presidents were likely elected through fraud.

I'll guess some people are also high on their own propaganda and have no real awareness of what real war and real violence looks like. They have no idea what hurt they are courting and feel their actions are justified in defense of what they feel are moral causes. I suspect if they knew the pain they courted they would back off.
Perhaps. Some people are just assholes.
These days of dust
Which we've known
Will blow away with this new Son

But I'll kneel down wait for now
And I'll kneel down
Know my ground

User avatar
flybynight
* * * * *
Posts: 2615
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:30 am

Re: The Coming Civil War

Post by flybynight » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:37 pm

I was just reading the Camp fire thread. Clicking on the links and also searching for photos/ maps ect. on google. I came upon a twiter feed from a reproductive lawyer near Malibu. He had amazingly frightening pictures and running commentary of the Woolsey fire as he evacuated from his home . But interspaced between the chaotic scenes he was documenting, he still took the time to post political meme's and rants about the President and government figures. Words fail me.

I've til now mostly stacked deep on ammo of a defensive nature. But from here on all my ammo purchases except to replace training ammo will be hunting specific. Doubtful civil war will be very close to me, but lean times will invade us all.
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 4160
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:48 am

Re: The Coming Civil War

Post by MPMalloy » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:50 pm

flybynight wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:37 pm
I came upon a twitter feed from a reproductive lawyer near Malibu.
:?: huhsaywha?

I agree with all else. Unfortunately. :(

grumpyviking
* * *
Posts: 472
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 5:47 am
Location: rural UK

Re: The Coming Civil War

Post by grumpyviking » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:08 am

what happens in the US eventually sooner or later(usually sooner) also happens in the UK.
smaller population but also a smaller land mass.
Survive, Adapt & Evolve .

User avatar
NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 7405
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:37 pm
Location: Outside of your jurisdiction officer

Re: The Coming Civil War

Post by NT2C » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:55 pm

grumpyviking wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:08 am
what happens in the US eventually sooner or later(usually sooner) also happens in the UK.
smaller population but also a smaller land mass.
Interesting. I was just saying to my wife last night that the US is about 100 years behind the UK in terms of laws and society. If you want to know what America will be like in the future, look at the UK today.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

User avatar
flybynight
* * * * *
Posts: 2615
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:30 am

Re: The Coming Civil War

Post by flybynight » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:38 pm

NT2C wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:55 pm
grumpyviking wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:08 am
what happens in the US eventually sooner or later(usually sooner) also happens in the UK.
smaller population but also a smaller land mass.
Interesting. I was just saying to my wife last night that the US is about 100 years behind the UK in terms of laws and society. If you want to know what America will be like in the future, look at the UK today.
Huh That's a dissapointing thought . God I hope you're wrong
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 4160
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:48 am

Re: The Coming Civil War

Post by MPMalloy » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:59 pm

flybynight wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:38 pm
NT2C wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:55 pm
grumpyviking wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:08 am
what happens in the US eventually sooner or later(usually sooner) also happens in the UK. Smaller population but also a smaller land mass.
Interesting. I was just saying to my wife last night that the US is about 100 years behind the UK in terms of laws and society. If you want to know what America will be like in the future, look at the UK today.
Huh That's a dissapointing thought . God I hope you're wrong
My Step-Father & Step-Uncle are Englishmen. FBN - maybe yes, maybe no, it depends. Some things I agree & so do they. NT2C - is there any more context? Or, across the board, IYO?

User avatar
NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 7405
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:37 pm
Location: Outside of your jurisdiction officer

Re: The Coming Civil War

Post by NT2C » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:31 pm

MPMalloy wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:59 pm
flybynight wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:38 pm
NT2C wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:55 pm
grumpyviking wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:08 am
what happens in the US eventually sooner or later(usually sooner) also happens in the UK. Smaller population but also a smaller land mass.
Interesting. I was just saying to my wife last night that the US is about 100 years behind the UK in terms of laws and society. If you want to know what America will be like in the future, look at the UK today.
Huh That's a dissapointing thought . God I hope you're wrong
My Step-Father & Step-Uncle are Englishmen. FBN - maybe yes, maybe no, it depends. Some things I agree & so do they. NT2C - is there any more context? Or, across the board, IYO?
It's easy for me to see it mentally but difficult to describe. I look at things like the UK crime of "theft by finding" (if you find something in the street, such as a lost piece of jewelry or even just a banknote, and you don't report it to the police and turn it in you can be charged with theft by finding); the magistrate earlier this year who opinioned that outside of some trades very few people really need a point on a knife and a law should be passed requiring them to be ground off (this as a way of combating the rise of stabbings and "knife crime"); the prevalence and general acceptance of video surveillance in many public places in cities; various laws and regulations regarding advertising certain foods and beverages (particularly to minors); just the overall "nanny state" acceptance by the average person, the abdication of personal responsibility to government control. I look at all this (and a few other things that cross ZS rules) and think to myself, that'll be us in x years. Some of it already has a firm hold on us, some will take a lot more time, but I think where the UK is today is pretty close to where the USA will be in ~100 years or less.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

User avatar
flybynight
* * * * *
Posts: 2615
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:30 am

Re: The Coming Civil War

Post by flybynight » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:39 pm

NT2C wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:31 pm
MPMalloy wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:59 pm
flybynight wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:38 pm
NT2C wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:55 pm
Interesting. I was just saying to my wife last night that the US is about 100 years behind the UK in terms of laws and society. If you want to know what America will be like in the future, look at the UK today.
Huh That's a dissapointing thought . God I hope you're wrong
My Step-Father & Step-Uncle are Englishmen. FBN - maybe yes, maybe no, it depends. Some things I agree & so do they. NT2C - is there any more context? Or, across the board, IYO?
It's easy for me to see it mentally but difficult to describe. I look at things like the UK crime of "theft by finding" (if you find something in the street, such as a lost piece of jewelry or even just a banknote, and you don't report it to the police and turn it in you can be charged with theft by finding); the magistrate earlier this year who opinioned that outside of some trades very few people really need a point on a knife and a law should be passed requiring them to be ground off (this as a way of combating the rise of stabbings and "knife crime"); the prevalence and general acceptance of video surveillance in many public places in cities; various laws and regulations regarding advertising certain foods and beverages (particularly to minors); just the overall "nanny state" acceptance by the average person, the abdication of personal responsibility to government control. I look at all this (and a few other things that cross ZS rules) and think to myself, that'll be us in x years. Some of it already has a firm hold on us, some will take a lot more time, but I think where the UK is today is pretty close to where the USA will be in ~100 years or less.
Hence my disapointment ( hence the coming civil war )
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

grumpyviking
* * *
Posts: 472
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 5:47 am
Location: rural UK

Re: The Coming Civil War

Post by grumpyviking » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:11 am

I think 100 years is possibly a gross over estimate.
Survive, Adapt & Evolve .

User avatar
woodsghost
* * * * *
Posts: 3037
Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 3:45 pm

Re: The Coming Civil War

Post by woodsghost » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:28 am

grumpyviking wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:11 am
I think 100 years is possibly a gross over estimate.
Me too. Maybe 20-30, with current trends.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

grumpyviking
* * *
Posts: 472
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 5:47 am
Location: rural UK

Re: The Coming Civil War

Post by grumpyviking » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:41 am

sounds more like it.
Survive, Adapt & Evolve .

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 4160
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:48 am

Re: The Coming Civil War

Post by MPMalloy » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:19 am

The following IS NOT legal advice. It is an encyopedia article on: Theft by finding


Unrelated note: Wikipedia needs your support. WE'RE OUT OF RAMEN!!!!

grumpyviking
* * *
Posts: 472
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 5:47 am
Location: rural UK

Re: The Coming Civil War

Post by grumpyviking » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:33 am

try handing anything into a Police station in the UK, if you can find one open that is.
Survive, Adapt & Evolve .

User avatar
TacAir
* * * * *
Posts: 7987
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:01 pm
Contact:

Re: The Coming Civil War

Post by TacAir » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:22 am

Population of Great Britain in 2018 - 66.57 million

Population of Californian in 2018 - 39 million. California is also the State with the largest population. Although the land size of Wy is close to that of England.

I would say rather than the US looking like the UK in 100 years... The rest of the US will more closely resemble CA in less than 20 years, based on past history and current trends. This mostly due to the more liberal courts found on the Left coast.
TacAir - I'd rather be a disappointed pessimist than a horrified optimist
**All my books ** some with a different view of the "PAW". Check 'em out.
Adventures in rice storage//Mod your Esbit for better stability

User avatar
flybynight
* * * * *
Posts: 2615
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:30 am

Re: The Coming Civil War

Post by flybynight » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:18 pm

Nothing like you cheerful sob's to ruin my mood on my day off :mrgreen:
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 4160
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:48 am

Re: The Coming Civil War

Post by MPMalloy » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:24 pm

flybynight wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:18 pm
Nothing like you cheerful sob's to ruin my mood on my day off :mrgreen:
We are your friends. We care about you. :wink:

User avatar
NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 7405
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:37 pm
Location: Outside of your jurisdiction officer

Re: The Coming Civil War

Post by NT2C » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:47 pm

grumpyviking wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:11 am
I think 100 years is possibly a gross over estimate.
I was trying to be optimistic.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 4160
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:48 am

Re: The Coming Civil War

Post by MPMalloy » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:08 pm

TO; Mr. G. Viking, (incredibly long list of post-nominals)
FROM: me

What goes for prepping in the UK, amongst those who do prep?

User avatar
woodsghost
* * * * *
Posts: 3037
Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 3:45 pm

Re: The Coming Civil War

Post by woodsghost » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:28 pm

NT2C wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:47 pm
grumpyviking wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:11 am
I think 100 years is possibly a gross over estimate.
I was trying to be optimistic.
We are a prepping forum. And we have optimists? Where did they come from?!?!


PS: there are some things which could stop the US from becoming Cali. And I honestly hope Cali fixes what is broken the very there. They have the resources. I just hope they find the Will.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

boskone
* * *
Posts: 562
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:07 pm
Location: Aggieland-ish

Re: The Coming Civil War

Post by boskone » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:43 pm

woodsghost wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:28 pm
NT2C wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:47 pm
grumpyviking wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:11 am
I think 100 years is possibly a gross over estimate.
I was trying to be optimistic.
We are a prepping forum. And we have optimists? Where did they come from?!?!

PS: there are some things which could stop the US from becoming Cali. And I honestly hope Cali fixes what is broken the very there. They have the resources. I just hope they find the Will.
They won't. They move to other places because of the various side effects of their previous decisions, then try to do exactly the same thing again.

grumpyviking
* * *
Posts: 472
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 5:47 am
Location: rural UK

Re: The Coming Civil War

Post by grumpyviking » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:38 am

MPMalloy wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:08 pm
TO; Mr. G. Viking, (incredibly long list of post-nominals)
FROM: me

What goes for prepping in the UK, amongst those who do prep?
in what context? a lot of UK prepping is the same as in the US, food water etc etc.
Survive, Adapt & Evolve .

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 4160
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:48 am

Re: The Coming Civil War

Post by MPMalloy » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:44 am

grumpyviking wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:38 am
MPMalloy wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:08 pm
TO; Mr. G. Viking, (incredibly long list of post-nominals)
FROM: me

What goes for prepping in the UK, amongst those who do prep?
in what context? a lot of UK prepping is the same as in the US, food water etc etc.
That was pretty much it.

grumpyviking
* * *
Posts: 472
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 5:47 am
Location: rural UK

Re: The Coming Civil War

Post by grumpyviking » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:53 am

its pretty much along the same lines as the US but supplies tend to be smaller in quantity as British houses especially modern ones are much smaller and don't have the storage that I believe you have on average in the states.
not many own a BOL maybe a caravan/trailer on a seaside caravan park but that's about it.
Survive, Adapt & Evolve .

Post Reply

Return to “Contingency Planning & Preparation”