The Coming Civil War - (Warning: No Politics)

Topics in this category pertain to planning. Discussions include how to prepare yourself, your family and your community for catastrophes and what you plan to do when they hit you.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Langenator
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Zombieland, Shaun of the Dead (and Larry Correia's Monster Hunter series if they ever make them into movies)

Re: The Coming Civil War

Post by Langenator » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:29 am

Halfapint wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:47 am
Stercutus wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:09 am
Not everyone should have access to guns — domestic abusers, for example, have proven by their actions that they cannot be trusted with that kind of responsibility — and not everyone needs it. No one without a significant amount of training should be handling a firearm at all, which is why I think designated community patrols made up of well-trained, highly trusted individuals who are chosen by and held accountable to said community (and who do not hold any or less power than anyone else due to their position) is a far better and more equitable defense model than messy “everyone gets a gun!” rhetoric.
Aren't these people called "cops"?? Maybe more like "The Andy Griffith Show" or something is what they are thinking but I agree with everything else you said about power over the community.
Historically speaking, what he's describing sounds an awful lot like the militia, specifically the 'select militia' as the term was used prior to the advent of full time, professional police forces. Or perhaps also the sheriff's posse. See Joyce Lee Malcolm, To Keep and Bear Arms.

In the modern context, yes, that would best describe the police, who are hired by the police chief, who reports to the mayor and/or city council, all of whom are elected. Or sheriff's deputies, who report to the sheriff, who is elected.

Now, the problem with the (select) militia, in the English context, is when called out, it was quite often to disarm opponents of the Crown. Which is what tends to happen which such "People's Patrols/Militia/Police" (or whatever you choose to call them) as the author is describing - they end up going after anyone viewed as an opponent of "the People" when The People takes over as the Crown.
Fortunis Fortus Paratus

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:33 pm

Stick close to family & friends, I guess. Unless you shouldn't....

This political shit is....it's shit. I believe strongly in what I believe, I've just never felt like it's the One Tru Way. I'm really glad not much happens here.

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:49 pm

MPMalloy wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:33 pm

This political shit is....it's shit. I believe strongly in what I believe, I've just never felt like it's the One Tru Way. I'm really glad not much happens here.
Me Too. But I have a malignant unease with each passing week . It would be ignorant to believe what happens on the east or west coast (or any large city) won't affect us negatively
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:58 pm

flybynight wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:49 pm
MPMalloy wrote:

Me Too. But I have a malignant unease with each passing week . It would be ignorant to believe what happens on the east or west coast (or any large city) won't affect us negatively
Agreed. It's never good to find yourself with two fronts.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:19 am

RoneKiln wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:27 am
RonnyRonin wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:26 pm
Stercutus wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:20 am

I do find it ironic that the Antifa would be against more civil rights and support guns for the police and military only. It's about as hypocritical as it gets.
A small point perhaps, but worth mentioning as it has security implications: Do not conflate the far left in general with Antifa. While there may be tag-alongers wearing black at protests that think as you describe, the true believers are nearly the exact opposite. If you read what they discuss and believe they are on the whole entirely pro-gun and do not want the military or police to have them, because quite simply they do not want the police or military to exist.

This is entirely relevant to a security analysis if you have Antifa active in your area, they are not opposed to guns at all and simply avoid using them as a strategic decision (I assume mostly for optics) but if things escalate it would be unwise to assume they won't employ them. They certainly don't own or train at the same rates as other groups of people, but probably at similar rates to revolutionary communist groups. Many anarchists and more radical communist groups believe guns are necessary for the revolution they aspire to and as such promote their proliferation and practice within their ranks, and from what I can see often bemoan the lack of both.
This is very important. Some groups that have traditionally been perceived as antigun are now strongly advocating for stockpiling arms specifically for sectarian violence within the US.

I'm not sure how to discuss this further without it being a political discussion. I do want to amplify what RonnyRonin pointed out here about security awareness, and the potential for otherwise peaceful protests in your area to quickly escalate.
Digging a little in to the Antifa attack on the Tacoma ICE facility.

This very odd and poorly researched article brings up some curious points:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... ng-up-arms

Firstly they seem to think that the LGBT community arming themselves is a whole new thing. The Pink Pistols have been around for about 20 years and have over 10K members. IMO, they are a great organization although I am not a member. They saw a huge surge after the Orlando shooting.

They also seem to think that leftists arming themselves in America is a whole new thing. I guess they have forgotten the 60s and the 70s The Black Panthers, The Weather Underground and dozens of other violent leftist groups. Antifa is just another in a long history of them.

Next they claim Willem Van Spronsen was a "former" member of the Antifa. I guess he is former since he is dead after attacking the Tacoma ICE facility with fire bombs and a rifle. But he was pretty active at the time declaring in his manifesto; "I am Antifa". They at least mention his name which is a departure for most of the leftist media. (Try a google search for CNN or MSNBC with Willem Van Spronsen and you will see what I mean). For more on that check here:

https://humanevents.com/2019/07/22/the- ... bba7e76aec

And here are the Antifa lionizing him.
https://itsgoingdown.org/on-williem-van-spronsen/

Anyway what I find odd is that The Guardian is trying to shore up support for gun ownership (if only for leftists). This is in direct contradiction to every single article they have ever published on firearms that I have ever read or heard of which is always; "Guns are bad, very bad, do not touch, don't even think about them or your head will explode and your junk will fall off". Prior to the Tacoma attack CNN did several pieces on progun leftists as well.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

absinthe beginner
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead

Post by absinthe beginner » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:15 am

Stercutus said: Next they claim Willem Van Spronsen was a "former" member of the Antifa. I guess he is former since he is dead after attacking the Tacoma ICE facility with fire bombs and a rifle. But he was pretty active at the time declaring in his manifesto; "I am Antifa". They at least mention his name which is a departure for most of the leftist media. (Try a google search for CNN or MSNBC with Willem Van Spronsen and you will see what I mean). For more on that check here:

One of the more disturbing trends that is probably hastening our slide towards civil war is the media's open cheerleading and justification of attacks and mob actions by leftists against whoever the media dubs a de facto "enemy of the people." I'm no fan of Trump (or Hillary), but his supporters had every right, under our democratic system, to assemble and hear what he had to say without the threat of assaults by triggered leftists egged on by the media and certain incredibly irresponsible politicians. Actions provoke reactions, and people who should know better are creating an environment where violence committed with the not-so-tacit encouragement of the media and with the connivance of municipal authorities (in places like Portland) is going to spark strong reactions that will only escalate tensions and conflict. Similarly, some of the rhetoric directed against "The Squad" is incredibly inflammatory and irresponsible, and could reasonably be seen as an incitement to violence. Both sides need to be held accountable for their actions and where those are leading us.

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:40 pm

All this talk of antifa has me looking at stats and that brought me across testimony today from the FBI chief. They’ve had nearly 100 domestic terrorism charges this year alone, which is more than all of 2018 combined. He’s quoted as saying “I will say that a majority of the domestic terrorism cases we’ve investigated are motivated by some version of that you might call white suremaxist violence.”

All this talk on antifa being violent leftists and I can’t find anything other than the attack by a lone wolf on the dentention center in Tacoma. I do see a lot of articles where white supremacsit are out and anti is there and clashes break out.

Going off a FBI/DHD report from May 2017 white supremacsits were responsible for more homicides from 2000-2016 than any other domestic extremist group. I’m trying to find (unsuccessfully) how many are from left wing extremists.

I’m wondering why it is that we haven’t heard about these arrests but the media is all over anything that has to do with antifa. It seems the narrative is being painted that the left is ultra violent, when their body count is at zero, and there aren’t enough of them being arrested and charged to make it statistically significant.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:11 pm

Stercutus wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:09 am
absinthe beginner wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:54 am
Vox editorial tells the left to gun up.

https://www.vox.com/first-person/2019/7 ... -anarchism
Since it is Vox a lot of it is made up rhetoric with old right hating tropes and fantasies. However a few things caught my eye.
Not everyone should have access to guns — domestic abusers, for example, have proven by their actions that they cannot be trusted with that kind of responsibility — and not everyone needs it. No one without a significant amount of training should be handling a firearm at all, which is why I think designated community patrols made up of well-trained, highly trusted individuals who are chosen by and held accountable to said community (and who do not hold any or less power than anyone else due to their position) is a far better and more equitable defense model than messy “everyone gets a gun!” rhetoric.
I don't see how this could be a workable model for anything. Giving some people guns (and not others) and making them "highly trained" to use them gives power over the others immediately. A community assigning them to go "patrol" somewhere without any other power or authority to do anything else legally is short race to disaster. Every encounter could end the way it did when that guy in Florida tried to tell that thug he could not park in a handicapped space or like with Trayvon Martin. They would be increasing tenfold the exact problem he is trying to avoid.
The police will not protect us; neither will the military, or {edited for content] politicians. It is not in their interest to do so, and recognizing that is imperative to the survival of those who reject this vile status quo.
Which is exactly the same argument the right makes. Cogntive dissoance is a hell of thing.
If anyone is interested in what might happen with such "community patrols", this just crossed my desktop: Utah couple visiting Mexico fatally shot execution-style after failing to stop at checkpoint
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:18 pm

MPMalloy wrote:
This political shit is....it's shit.
<mod hat>

Agreed. I think it's time we all, myself included, dial the political side back just a notch or two. Contingency and planning is one thing, comparisons of the sides goes beyond that. Extremism in any form is usually a bad thing but it gets especially bad when it comes to religion and politics. ZS is seen as a "safe haven" from that by many of you and we need to maintain that.

</mod hat>

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:49 pm

Going off a FBI/DHD report from May 2017 white supremacsits were responsible for more homicides from 2000-2016 than any other domestic extremist group. I’m trying to find (unsuccessfully) how many are from left wing extremists.

I understand your confusion. It would make complete sense given that were practically no active Antifa up to 2016. Even if they had murdered hundreds in 2018 it is unlikely any would have been convicted of anything by now. Another problem is you are lumping all "white supremacists" in to one group. Also you kind of drew a line in particular spot. Let's extend that date line a fraction. You should not get the idea that Left Wing extremists aren't out there putting in some hard work.

These days, racially and religiously motivated murders are hardly an all white or right wing affair either. Dylan Roof is still all the rage but Emanuel Kidega Samson did not belong to any groups when he opened up on a church in Nashville shooting nine people in order to target whites. I am not even going in to all the religious nuttery with Islamic Terrorists becasue there are simply too many dead to count. They don't fit well in to a political spectrum other than being killy, nutty and hating people not like them.

-

Bringing it back around though the point I was actually trying to make is that the leftist media is giving placid endorsement of arming left wing groups. This in of itself is a new and interesting thing. Instead of the OMGPANIC! mode that they normally treat armed groups with a political agenda they are on board. Going back and looking at what happened (2000-2016) really doesn't matter since we are entering in to new territory with new groups getting new toys and wanting to do great things.

Think of it this way:

Right Wing Groups MDK + Left Wing Groups MDK = More MDK

Give them some media backing and watch them go.
You go over and under
I go through

RoneKiln

Post by RoneKiln » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:05 pm

Halfapint wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:40 pm
I’m wondering why it is that we haven’t heard about these arrests but the media is all over anything that has to do with antifa. It seems the narrative is being painted that the left is ultra violent, when their body count is at zero, and there aren’t enough of them being arrested and charged to make it statistically significant.
Looking up the assault on Andy Ngo may be a good starting point. I believe it was the same event a trans rights activist was chased down and beaten by antifa, as was an elderly man that tried to intervene on behalf of the trans rights person being beaten. That may help open up a pretty large rabbit hole to wander in for a few hours.

This helps highlight the risk of "friendly fire" or just getting caught in the crossfire during street violence. If you try to get involved to support one side, that very side may mistake you for the "enemy." Even being several blocks away could be risky (like the marines beaten in Philadelphia). Unless it involves something you are truly willing to risk life or limb for, just stay clear of these things.

I often advocate developing strong social/communication skills and learning how to effectively speak with people with different world views than yourself. That doesn't do much good when a mob is riled up and ready to brawl. People in that state are no longer listening or trying to be rational.
"Seriously the most dangerous thing you are likely to do is to put salt on a Big Mac right before you eat it and to climb into your car."
--Raptor

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:09 pm

That was a really important question about White Violence in 2000-2016, and there was a good answer about the historical political violence in the US. That history applies to Europe/Asia/Latin America/Africa too. But I'd like to draw some attention to how definitions obscure and distort our white nationalist problem.

First, we need to understand that the prison system is the primary breeding ground for white nationalism. This is because we have found the Hispanics, Asians, and Blacks to segregate based on gang affiliation which has had a strong racial element to it. All these gangs also have strong drug ties. Whites found themselves unwelcome in the African, Hispanic, and Asian gangs, so they are forced to turn to the only real racially based social group in the US for whites. Or go about unaffiliated and unprotected and risk being raped/killed/ or otherwise used by the other gangs.

Now, we get gang killings all the time, but when the Latin Kings kill someone, how do we record it? As drug or gang related violence, regardless if it was really related to race or some other factor. How do we record a killing by a white nationalist? As a racially charged killing (unless the victim was also white). Regardless whether it was related to drugs, gang territory, or some other factor.

So the very nature of our language precludes us from recording violence based on actual motives. And the only white nationalist murders I'm aware of have been in prison or related to drugs.

No murders are ok, but what I'm seeing is the white nationalist violence between 2000-2016 has probably been more related to the drug trade than anything, and is no more racially motivated than any other ethnically/racially based gang. Not in my experience anyhow. I'd be interested in whether anyone has had different experiences or seen research.

EDIT:

So what are the takeaways here? Mine are:

1) it is difficult to disentangle racial vs. drug violence. So it is hard to really talk about riseing/falling violence with accuracy. For me, anyway.

2) if things go really nutty (Mad Max) social groups will likely become a bit more basic. People tend to use your skin color or ethnic background as levers for power even in good times. On a prepping level, I'm not sure how to cope with that, but be aware of messaging from elites.

3) it is useful to me to read about how people were manipulated in the Balkans. Both how willing people were stirred up and how reluctant people were leveraged into place. There are some great books out there. Also, those serve as reminders where things are headed if we play into the hands of those seeking power. I feel a personal responsibility to help chill out those around me.
Last edited by woodsghost on Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:02 pm

Ya know, if this thread is just going to devolve into a discussion of <racial group A> and <racial groups B, C, D, E, F>, <political fringe A> and <political fringes B,C,D,E,F>, the LGBTQQIP2SAA community/communities and how each is/isn't properly represented in statistics/news media/social media/civil unrest/<insert category of choice here> etc. then I can save y'all a lot of typing by just locking it and burying it.

We have rules regarding politics, religion, racism, sexual orientation, and illegal activities that need to be followed. This topic has been given a lot of latitude because it's impossible to discuss without brushing up against those rules at times and it's a worthwhile topic. Can we please keep it on topic though, and not keep bouncing shots off the rulebook?

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:14 am

NT2C wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:02 pm
Ya know, if this thread is just going to devolve into a discussion of <racial group A> and <racial groups B, C, D, E, F>, <political fringe A> and <political fringes B,C,D,E,F>, the LGBTQQIP2SAA community/communities and how each is/isn't properly represented in statistics/news media/social media/civil unrest/<insert category of choice here> etc. then I can save y'all a lot of typing by just locking it and burying it.

We have rules regarding politics, religion, racism, sexual orientation, and illegal activities that need to be followed. This topic has been given a lot of latitude because it's impossible to discuss without brushing up against those rules at times and it's a worthwhile topic. Can we please keep it on topic though, and not keep bouncing shots off the rulebook?
It occurred to me the other day that one of the reasons that ZS traffic has dropped is that because we DONT discuss politics. Lately it seems in my country in particular a lot of people want to crack up the volume in the echo chamber and make sure to tell everyone about their displeasure about something. :crazy:

I'd like to think that the organizations that are responsible for enforcing the laws in the US are apolitical and such an event would prove near impossible due to the blindness of Lady Justice but that may be a pipe dream. A failure of law enforcement to enforce the law properly could be catastrophic and allow political organizations to run a muck unchecked with the backing of polarized politicians and media organizations. Once something like that gets started it is really, really hard to stop it. This is something that has been occurring to me lately based upon current events.

Already there or at least to large segments of people residing in the U S , believe this to be.

Another possible reason that the traffic has dropped is that anyone who posts lies and bullshit (other than in a non-serious, humorous way)

HEY what's this blue wire? :crazy: :awesome: :twisted:
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:49 pm

Stercutus wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:19 am
RoneKiln wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:27 am
RonnyRonin wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:26 pm
Stercutus wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:20 am
I do find it ironic that the Antifa would be against more civil rights and support guns for the police and military only. It's about as hypocritical as it gets.
A small point perhaps, but worth mentioning as it has security implications: Do not conflate the far left in general with Antifa. While there may be tag-alongers wearing black at protests that think as you describe, the true believers are nearly the exact opposite. If you read what they discuss and believe they are on the whole entirely pro-gun and do not want the military or police to have them, because quite simply they do not want the police or military to exist.

This is entirely relevant to a security analysis if you have Antifa active in your area, they are not opposed to guns at all and simply avoid using them as a strategic decision (I assume mostly for optics) but if things escalate it would be unwise to assume they won't employ them. They certainly don't own or train at the same rates as other groups of people, but probably at similar rates to revolutionary communist groups. Many anarchists and more radical communist groups believe guns are necessary for the revolution they aspire to and as such promote their proliferation and practice within their ranks, and from what I can see often bemoan the lack of both.
This is very important. Some groups that have traditionally been perceived as antigun are now strongly advocating for stockpiling arms specifically for sectarian violence within the US.

I'm not sure how to discuss this further without it being a political discussion. I do want to amplify what RonnyRonin pointed out here about security awareness, and the potential for otherwise peaceful protests in your area to quickly escalate.
Digging a little in to the Antifa attack on the Tacoma ICE facility.

This very odd and poorly researched article brings up some curious points:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... ng-up-arms

Firstly they seem to think that the LGBT community arming themselves is a whole new thing. The Pink Pistols have been around for about 20 years and have over 10K members. IMO, they are a great organization although I am not a member. They saw a huge surge after the Orlando shooting.

They also seem to think that leftists arming themselves in America is a whole new thing. I guess they have forgotten the 60s and the 70s The Black Panthers, The Weather Underground and dozens of other violent leftist groups. Antifa is just another in a long history of them.

Next they claim Willem Van Spronsen was a "former" member of the Antifa. I guess he is former since he is dead after attacking the Tacoma ICE facility with fire bombs and a rifle. But he was pretty active at the time declaring in his manifesto; "I am Antifa". They at least mention his name which is a departure for most of the leftist media. (Try a google search for CNN or MSNBC with Willem Van Spronsen and you will see what I mean). For more on that check here:

https://humanevents.com/2019/07/22/the- ... bba7e76aec

And here are the Antifa lionizing him.
https://itsgoingdown.org/on-williem-van-spronsen/

Anyway what I find odd is that The Guardian is trying to shore up support for gun ownership (if only for leftists). This is in direct contradiction to every single article they have ever published on firearms that I have ever read or heard of which is always; "Guns are bad, very bad, do not touch, don't even think about them or your head will explode and your junk will fall off". Prior to the Tacoma attack CNN did several pieces on progun leftists as well.
This article perhaps?

From The Guardian: ‘If others have rifles, we’ll have rifles’: why US leftist groups are taking up arms

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:22 pm

I found this thread to be interesting from the start. It has gotten more interesting as of late. Politics & Religion are a real hot property right now in current events. They always have currency, but more so now than usual.

In short, I agree with both FlyBy & NT2C. In keeping with a program of honesty, I have to say that I have no idea of how to reconcile those two (Observations? Opinions?) posts on this page of the thread.

From a real-world prepping standpoint: SA, EDC, & GHB. Mine always include CCW, unless prohibited. A communications plan.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:31 pm

It has always been politics at the heart of it, it can't be otherwise as this is the actual topic under discussion. However there has been a remarkable bit of restraint, fairness and dispassion displayed by just about everybody in the thread to date. This is pretty amazing in this modern era of "butt hurt feelings about practically everything" we are living in. We didn't trot along 22 pages talking about nothing.

That said I think the 2020 presidential election cycle is the long pole in the tent. Both camps have staked out extreme positions where the other side is just so terrible that they are unworthy of respect. When people stop respecting each other is when they start fighting for real. Most people put up with a lot of shit but disrespect is not something most people can deal with as it is an assault on their identity. No matter who wins the election one side is going to lose and they are going to take it personally. What happens after that is the big question.
You go over and under
I go through

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:18 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:41 pm

NT2C wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:18 pm
And things continue to ratchet up...

President Considering Declaring ANTIFA a Terrorist Organization
Wasn't there an online petition awhile back that was pushing for this exact thing ?

I tend to avoid political type stuff (mostly to keep my blood pressure at a healthy level), so I'm unsure if there was one or if it was just a bunch of YouTube and Facebook BS.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:06 am

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:41 pm
NT2C wrote:

Wasn't there an online petition awhile back that was pushing for this exact thing ?

I tend to avoid political type stuff (mostly to keep my blood pressure at a healthy level), so I'm unsure if there was one or if it was just a bunch of YouTube and Facebook BS.
There may have been but I tend to give those things the level of attention they deserve and just ignore them.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:16 pm

NT2C wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:06 am
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:41 pm
NT2C wrote:

There may have been but I tend to give those things the level of attention they deserve and just ignore them.
I seem to recall something like that popping up in my FB feed awhile back, but I ignored it as well.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:17 am

Looks like the date for the start of the war has been announced... Sept. 27th.

Universal's 'The Hunt' that satirizes killing of 'deplorables' slammed online, called 'beyond sick' and 'disturbing'

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:38 am

There have been lots of movies about humans hunting each other for sport. Most often the hunters are portrayed as right wing deep staters. These days though the most popular on line games are all about people hunting each other for sport so the meme has shifted a bit. Other than the normal manufactured controversy I don't think this is going to make much of a blip. Just another film glorifying violence in a long string of such released by Hollywood.
You go over and under
I go through

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:38 pm

I hope very much that you're right, but I fear very much you may be wrong. At this particular time in this country releasing a film that encourages either side to hunt the other has the potential to push things over the edge.

Return to “Contingency Planning & Preparation”