The Coming Civil War - (Warning: No Politics)

Topics in this category pertain to planning. Discussions include how to prepare yourself, your family and your community for catastrophes and what you plan to do when they hit you.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

absinthe beginner
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead

Re: The Coming Civil War

Post by absinthe beginner » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:59 pm

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:03 pm

I wish I could convince my wife to take the classes and get her CHP. :(
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:07 am

The delegation reported that the immigrants they spoke with were living in cramped cells where they slept on floors, had not had access to medications or been able to bathe in weeks, were in a state of emotional turmoil, and were exhibiting health problems including hair loss.
The horror. The horror.

Anywho, I think support here is weaker than anticipated. I'll be very surprised if they get any meaningful numbers.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:06 pm

Does not fit any of the proper narratives so not getting much mileage in the press.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/portland-pol ... s-revealed

Authorities have said that a number of people in the crowd concealed and brandished weapons, including "batons, projectiles, and firearms." Multiple assaults were reported Saturday, as projectiles were thrown at demonstrators and police, in addition to pepper and bear spray used by people in the crowd.
Sam Resnick, who told The Oregonian he is a self-described genderqueer activist, was walking towards a coffee shop wearing an American flag dress when Antifa members started shouting, shoved him and "someone put their hands on me."
Resnick said a white-haired man went to intervene but then was attacked by the mob.
“It seemed he was defending me because I was a man in a dress,” Resnick told the Oregonian. “I guess he saw what he thought was an injustice.’’
The man who defended Resnick could be seen in videos posted to Twitter being struck multiple times with a baton by black-clad protesters.
You go over and under
I go through

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:03 am

I would like to say that a certain ex-sport 'personality' is Free to DIAF of 'it's' own creation.

Also, Happy Birthday America! :D :clap: :awesome:
Last edited by MPMalloy on Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:35 pm

MPMalloy wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:03 am
I would like to say that a certain ex-sport 'personality' is Free to DIAF or 'it's' own creation.

Also, Happy Birthday America! :D :clap: :awesome:
I wonder in the long term how hiring a professional, perpetual victim as spokesperson for your company that reputes to sell their products to champion athletes is going to go but I digress.
You go over and under
I go through

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:38 pm

NT2C wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:03 pm
Granted your wife now carries her pistol with her everywhere including to work, the shower, bed, even where it is illegal or inadvisable. She gets arrested and fired from her job and ends up going to prison.... oh wait... wrong thread, sorry.
You go over and under
I go through

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:34 pm

Stercutus wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:38 pm
NT2C wrote:
Granted your wife now carries her pistol with her everywhere including to work, the shower, bed, even where it is illegal or inadvisable. She gets arrested and fired from her job and ends up going to prison.... oh wait... wrong thread, sorry.
Actually, I'm the one who carries it pretty much everywhere, except the illegal or inadvisable places of course. I would feel better if she did too but I'm enough of a realist to know it won't happen at this current "DEFCON" level. so-to-speak.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:03 am

NT2C wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:34 pm
Stercutus wrote:
NT2C wrote:
Actually, I'm the one who carries it pretty much everywhere, except the illegal or inadvisable places of course. I would feel better if she did too but I'm enough of a realist to know it won't happen at this current "DEFCON" level. so-to-speak.
I'm armed pretty much all the time.. But I don't go to ilegal or inadvisable places. That would refute the reason for carrying in the first place
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:16 am

flybynight wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:03 am
NT2C wrote:
Stercutus wrote:
NT2C wrote:
I'm armed pretty much all the time.. But I don't go to ilegal or inadvisable places. That would refute the reason for carrying in the first place
Sometimes I don't have a choice as I'm in and out of various county, state and federal buildings. Post offices for example, or the county courthouse to renew my permit, or the DMV tomorrow to straighten out a mixup with my license plates.

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:14 pm

NT2C wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:16 am
flybynight wrote:
NT2C wrote:
Stercutus wrote:

Sometimes I don't have a choice as I'm in and out of various county, state and federal buildings. Post offices for example, or the county courthouse to renew my permit, or the DMV tomorrow to straighten out a mixup with my license plates.
I guess considering various county, state and federal buildings. Post offices , the county courthouse or the DMV as illegal or inadvisable, would be the reason we are discussing a coming civil war :(

John Titor was right

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:23 pm

flybynight wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:14 pm
NT2C wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:16 am
flybynight wrote:
NT2C wrote:

I guess considering various county, state and federal buildings. Post offices , the county courthouse or the DMV as illegal or inadvisable, would be the reason we are discussing a coming civil war :(
I'm not seeing the connection. There has long been a ban on firearms in Federal buildings and many states choose to follow the Feds lead on this, with some granting a bit more leeway in their implementation of such laws/regs.

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:41 pm

hMM. That's because I said I don't go to places that are illegal or inadvisable and you then mentioned Government buildings. .---.

John Titor was right

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:51 pm

flybynight wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:41 pm
hMM. That's because I said I don't go to places that are illegal or inadvisable and you then mentioned Government buildings. .---.
I also mentioned that sometimes it's unavoidable. Presuming that you have a driver's license you must have visited a DMV office (or whatever your state calls it) at some point to be tested and get your photo taken. Even if your state allows firearm carry at DMV offices, given the level and quality of service that most DMV offices are noted for I would think it inadvisable to do so, yet you did, didn't you? Gotcha :mrgreen:

RonnyRonin

Post by RonnyRonin » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:26 pm

Stercutus wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:20 am

I do find it ironic that the Antifa would be against more civil rights and support guns for the police and military only. It's about as hypocritical as it gets.
A small point perhaps, but worth mentioning as it has security implications: Do not conflate the far left in general with Antifa. While there may be tag-alongers wearing black at protests that think as you describe, the true believers are nearly the exact opposite. If you read what they discuss and believe they are on the whole entirely pro-gun and do not want the military or police to have them, because quite simply they do not want the police or military to exist.

This is entirely relevant to a security analysis if you have Antifa active in your area, they are not opposed to guns at all and simply avoid using them as a strategic decision (I assume mostly for optics) but if things escalate it would be unwise to assume they won't employ them. They certainly don't own or train at the same rates as other groups of people, but probably at similar rates to revolutionary communist groups. Many anarchists and more radical communist groups believe guns are necessary for the revolution they aspire to and as such promote their proliferation and practice within their ranks, and from what I can see often bemoan the lack of both.
share your tobacco and your kindling, but never your sauna or your woman.

AK, Glock, Pie.

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:49 pm

NT2C wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:51 pm
flybynight wrote:
I also mentioned that sometimes it's unavoidable. Presuming that you have a driver's license you must have visited a DMV office (or whatever your state calls it) at some point to be tested and get your photo taken. Even if your state allows firearm carry at DMV offices, given the level and quality of service that most DMV offices are noted for I would think it inadvisable to do so, yet you did, didn't you? Gotcha :mrgreen:
illegal or inadvisable .... crack houses, meth labs, brothels, known gang neighborhoods, dark alleyways :roll:

John Titor was right

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:52 pm

flybynight wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:49 pm
NT2C wrote:
flybynight wrote:
illegal or inadvisable .... crack houses, meth labs, brothels, known gang neighborhoods, dark alleyways :roll:
You just described my old neighborhood in Brooklyn.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:01 pm

flybynight wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:49 pm
NT2C wrote:
flybynight wrote:
I carry in all those places. I imagine other people do as well, often without realizing it. Inadvisable might be a workplace where carry is legal but forbidden by company policy. You won't go to jail but you might lose your job. Another place might be a shop where carry is legal but forbidden by store policy. This could get you barred from the store and not allowed to return under threat of arrest.
You go over and under
I go through

RoneKiln

Post by RoneKiln » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:27 am

RonnyRonin wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:26 pm
Stercutus wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:20 am

I do find it ironic that the Antifa would be against more civil rights and support guns for the police and military only. It's about as hypocritical as it gets.
A small point perhaps, but worth mentioning as it has security implications: Do not conflate the far left in general with Antifa. While there may be tag-alongers wearing black at protests that think as you describe, the true believers are nearly the exact opposite. If you read what they discuss and believe they are on the whole entirely pro-gun and do not want the military or police to have them, because quite simply they do not want the police or military to exist.

This is entirely relevant to a security analysis if you have Antifa active in your area, they are not opposed to guns at all and simply avoid using them as a strategic decision (I assume mostly for optics) but if things escalate it would be unwise to assume they won't employ them. They certainly don't own or train at the same rates as other groups of people, but probably at similar rates to revolutionary communist groups. Many anarchists and more radical communist groups believe guns are necessary for the revolution they aspire to and as such promote their proliferation and practice within their ranks, and from what I can see often bemoan the lack of both.
This is very important. Some groups that have traditionally been perceived as antigun are now strongly advocating for stockpiling arms specifically for sectarian violence within the US.

I'm not sure how to discuss this further without it being a political discussion. I do want to amplify what RonnyRonin pointed out here about security awareness, and the potential for otherwise peaceful protests in your area to quickly escalate.
"Seriously the most dangerous thing you are likely to do is to put salt on a Big Mac right before you eat it and to climb into your car."
--Raptor

absinthe beginner

Post by absinthe beginner » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:33 am

68-y/o Antifa activist opts for suicide-by-cop in Tacoma.

Armed man attacking Tacoma’s ICE detention center killed in officer-involved shooting

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... on-center/

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-07- ... ead-police
Last edited by absinthe beginner on Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:24 am, edited 3 times in total.

absinthe beginner

Post by absinthe beginner » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:54 am

Vox editorial tells the left to gun up.

https://www.vox.com/first-person/2019/7 ... -anarchism

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:49 pm

Well, life stays interesting.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:09 am

absinthe beginner wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:54 am
Vox editorial tells the left to gun up.

https://www.vox.com/first-person/2019/7 ... -anarchism
Since it is Vox a lot of it is made up rhetoric with old right hating tropes and fantasies. However a few things caught my eye.
Not everyone should have access to guns — domestic abusers, for example, have proven by their actions that they cannot be trusted with that kind of responsibility — and not everyone needs it. No one without a significant amount of training should be handling a firearm at all, which is why I think designated community patrols made up of well-trained, highly trusted individuals who are chosen by and held accountable to said community (and who do not hold any or less power than anyone else due to their position) is a far better and more equitable defense model than messy “everyone gets a gun!” rhetoric.
I don't see how this could be a workable model for anything. Giving some people guns (and not others) and making them "highly trained" to use them gives power over the others immediately. A community assigning them to go "patrol" somewhere without any other power or authority to do anything else legally is short race to disaster. Every encounter could end the way it did when that guy in Florida tried to tell that thug he could not park in a handicapped space or like with Trayvon Martin. They would be increasing tenfold the exact problem he is trying to avoid.
The police will not protect us; neither will the military, or {edited for content] politicians. It is not in their interest to do so, and recognizing that is imperative to the survival of those who reject this vile status quo.
Which is exactly the same argument the right makes. Cogntive dissoance is a hell of thing.
You go over and under
I go through

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:47 am

Stercutus wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:09 am
Not everyone should have access to guns — domestic abusers, for example, have proven by their actions that they cannot be trusted with that kind of responsibility — and not everyone needs it. No one without a significant amount of training should be handling a firearm at all, which is why I think designated community patrols made up of well-trained, highly trusted individuals who are chosen by and held accountable to said community (and who do not hold any or less power than anyone else due to their position) is a far better and more equitable defense model than messy “everyone gets a gun!” rhetoric.
Aren't these people called "cops"?? Maybe more like "The Andy Griffith Show" or something is what they are thinking but I agree with everything else you said about power over the community.
The police will not protect us; neither will the military, or {edited for content] politicians. It is not in their interest to do so, and recognizing that is imperative to the survival of those who reject this vile status quo.
Stercutus wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:09 am
Which is exactly the same argument the right makes. Cogntive dissoance is a hell of thing.
^^QFT
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

Return to “Contingency Planning & Preparation”