The Coming Civil War - (Warning: No Politics)

Topics in this category pertain to planning. Discussions include how to prepare yourself, your family and your community for catastrophes and what you plan to do when they hit you.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member

Re: The Coming Civil War

Post by teotwaki » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:40 pm

Copy and paste this link: thirdparadigm.org/doc/45060880-When-Money-Dies.pdf
My adventures and pictures are on my blog http://suntothenorth.blogspot.com

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:12 pm

teotwaki wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:40 pm
Copy and paste this link: thirdparadigm.org/doc/45060880-When-Money-Dies.pdf

I m getting the same error as before:
Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to thirdparadigm.org. Peer reports it experienced an internal error. Error code: SSL_ERROR_INTERNAL_ERROR_ALERT

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by teotwaki » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:51 pm

Dang. It works for me in Firefox and IE. Try doing a Google search on this

"When Money Dies" by Adam Fergusson PDF

and maybe clicking on what is listed in the results

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:09 pm

Maybe the link won't work because comparing the pariah nation status to post WWI Germany that was saddled with debt by forces outside the state beyond the ability of the state to pay is a poor analogy. It did lead to several coup attempts and the eventual takeover of the government by Adolf Hitler but no real Civil War.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by teotwaki » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:47 pm

Stercutus wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:09 pm
Maybe the link won't work because comparing the pariah nation status to post WWI Germany that was saddled with debt by forces outside the state beyond the ability of the state to pay is a poor analogy. It did lead to several coup attempts and the eventual takeover of the government by Adolf Hitler but no real Civil War.
Oh. That must be the secret to IPV6; a scope field that identifies the type of pariah nation application suitable for the WW1 German Internet address. The pariah nation application specifies an identifier for a set of interfaces that typically belong to different types of civil war. If an pariah nation packet is intended for the correct civil war scenario, it is treated as coup-inbound traffic, and it delivers it to the analogy stack which continues processing it thus allowing the PDF to be accessed. :v:

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:11 pm

I finally got something from: https://www.abcccodes.com/
Created: 2014-02-19
Expires: 2019-02-19
Owner: WhoisGuard Protected (WhoisGuard, Inc.)
Hosting company: WEBSITEWELCOME.COM
Registrar: NAMECHEAP INC.
IPs: 192.185.35.45
DNS: ns8169.hostgator.com
ns8170.hostgator.com
Email: See owner's emails
Feels sketchy. I will keep looking. This is the 1st place that would allow a DL. VirusTotal said the site was clean & Dr. Web said the DL was clean.

NT: I will probably go with this Dr. Web. TY.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:39 pm

teotwaki wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:47 pm
Stercutus wrote:
Oh. That must be the secret to IPV6; a scope field that identifies the type of pariah nation application suitable for the WW1 German Internet address. The pariah nation application specifies an identifier for a set of interfaces that typically belong to different types of civil war. If an pariah nation packet is intended for the correct civil war scenario, it is treated as coup-inbound traffic, and it delivers it to the analogy stack which continues processing it thus allowing the PDF to be accessed. :v:
See, and everyone in the other thread was afraid of AI. Here it is out there doing some good.
You go over and under
I go through

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:49 pm

Stercutus wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:39 pm
teotwaki wrote:
Stercutus wrote:
See, and everyone in the other thread was afraid of AI. Here it is out there doing some good.
:rofl:

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:59 pm

MPMalloy wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:49 pm
Stercutus wrote:
teotwaki wrote:
Stercutus wrote:
:rofl:
:arrow: :?: :?
Not all those who wander are lost

John Titor was right

teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by teotwaki » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:16 pm

Stercutus wrote:
The Dark Side of AI has everyone lulled into complacency

Bender711

Post by Bender711 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:24 am

I haven't read every reply here but here is my take on how this is likely to go down.

The major political divide in the country is urban vs rural. This correlates well with many other things but the geography is the primary concern for me.

Cities are very dependent on the rural areas for food and electricity. The cities are mainly on the coasts with the center of the country producing the food. The cities are financial and technology centers.

If you are on the rural team in this scenario you easiest way to impose costs on the city team is by attacking infrastructure that is needed to feed the cities.

If you are on the city team and you wish to impose costs on the rural team your best option is financial. Cut off credit and lending. With most people using cards to buy everything this can be effective.

From a military point of view you have a concentrated target (cities) and a spread out target (rural). While it is possible for the cities to launch raids into the rural areas it is much more expensive to do so than vice versa.

Think of it as an island with pirates in the ocean. The island can send a warship out to attack the pirate vessel but they must expend energy to find it first. The pirates already know where the island is.

From a prepping standpoint, if you are in a city stockpile food and water. If you are in a rural area, keep lots of cash on hand.

In the scenario as I see it the rural areas will win if they want to. My prediction is that the rural areas will starve out the urban until they agree to separate or give some sort of political concession.

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:49 am

I don't know about starving cities, pirates, and the rest. But you are correct, there is a strong urban/rural divide. Also, division is more "shades of grey" rather than "black/white." We see more of one color in cities and more of another color in rural areas. But to treat them as homogeneous monolithic blocks would be a mistake. People are more complicated than that, and so are the issues.

I certainly think going forward we will have more discussion of how urban law making affects rural areas. We have seen "sanctuary counties" where local city leadership, county leadership, or local law enforcement have decided not to enforce gun laws passed by urban capitals. But that discussion is above my pay grade. I think it is worth noting our system of government has means of addressing these issues peacefully. Whether that happens is up to our leaders. Time will tell.

I think you are correct as far as prepping is concerned. Have cash and goods laid by. This is wise no matter what you might be prepping for.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

absinthe beginner
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead

Post by absinthe beginner » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:48 pm

In America, talk turns to something unspoken for 150 years: Civil war

https://www.lmtonline.com/news/article/ ... 654893.php

At a moment when the country has never seemed angrier, two political commentators from opposite sides of the divide concurred last week on one point, nearly unthinkable until recently: The country is on the verge of "civil war."

First came former U.S. attorney Joseph diGenova, a Fox News regular and ally of President Trump. "We are in a civil war," he said. "The suggestion that there's ever going to be civil discourse in this country for the foreseeable future is over. . . . It's going to be total war."

Bender711

Post by Bender711 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:09 pm

I think the most important take away from my post above is this. It is unlikely there will be large scale open warfare. Expect something more similar to the troubles in Ireland. Small scale violence focused on resource denial or political impact. And small scale responses focused on demoralising or making examples of partisans.

You will probably gett the chance to sit out the shooting and tanks won't be rolling through your house. You won't get to sit out the shortages. Avoid cities, Sarajevo style snipers might still be a thing, as if you needed more reasons.

As close to an ideal shtf as you can get from a non partisan preppers standpoint really.

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:34 pm

Bender711 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:09 pm
I think the most important take away from my post above is this. It is unlikely there will be large scale open warfare. Expect something more similar to the troubles in Ireland. Small scale violence focused on resource denial or political impact. And small scale responses focused on demoralising or making examples of partisans.

You will probably gett the chance to sit out the shooting and tanks won't be rolling through your house. You won't get to sit out the shortages. Avoid cities, Sarajevo style snipers might still be a thing, as if you needed more reasons.

As close to an ideal shtf as you can get from a non partisan preppers standpoint really.
I think that is fair, and a further continuance of political violence in the 60's and 70's, which we have briefly discussed in this thread, I think? I don't remember now. Anyway, I'm pretty sure we have discussed the Weather Underground. There were also the IRA, leftists in Spain, Germany, and probably more I"m forgetting. Which did not involve large scale controlling of cities or countryside. But certainly it was disruptive and the cost of added security increased the price of goods and created some level of shortage. Maybe not a huge economic impact, but it will be there.

I think I have linked this earlier in this thread, but Doing Well Out of War is worth a read.

http://siteresources.worldbank.org/INTK ... /28137.pdf

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

absinthe beginner
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead

Post by absinthe beginner » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:38 pm

I'm seeing more incendiary rhetoric about a coming civil war, which I can't post because of the no-politics rule. But it does seem like the level of bombast and vitriol just keeps getting cranked higher.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:32 pm

absinthe beginner wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:38 pm
I'm seeing more incendiary rhetoric about a coming civil war, which I can't post because of the no-politics rule. But it does seem like the level of bombast and vitriol just keeps getting cranked higher.
Presidential election season has kicked off in the US. I expect high water levels of rhetoric and hyperbole. How much violence this leads to is anyone's guess.
You go over and under
I go through

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:26 pm

Stercutus wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:32 pm
absinthe beginner wrote:
Presidential election season has kicked off in the US. I expect high water levels of rhetoric and hyperbole. How much violence this leads to is anyone's guess.
We can speculate all day. But I'm interested in what actually happens. I know stuff happened over the congressional election recently. And some other stuff has been published recently. But we will see if those are isolated, systemic, or accepted more broadly.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:55 pm

Stercutus wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:32 pm
absinthe beginner wrote:
The Countdown of DEATH!!!

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:33 pm

ahem... politics rules

please keep them in your thoughts during these difficult times ahead

thank you,
your friendly neighborhood moderators
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution. - A. Lincoln

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:45 am

So the disgusting NZ murderer guy apparently had a goal of starting a civil war in the US by his actions. He hoped to have the 2nd Amendment repealed and start a war over gun rights.

I had not thought much of 3rd party non-state actors trying to influence internal politics in the US by taking action outside of the US against 4th parties. But I guess the crazy train pulled out of the station on that one.
You go over and under
I go through

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:00 pm

Stercutus wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:45 am
So the disgusting NZ murderer guy apparently had a goal of starting a civil war in the US by his actions. He hoped to have the 2nd Amendment repealed and start a war over gun rights.

I had not thought much of 3rd party non-state actors trying to influence internal politics in the US by taking action outside of the US against 4th parties. But I guess the crazy train pulled out of the station on that one.
My 0.02: I've been following this story. I hadn't heard the CWII angle. NZ might swing towards Australian-style policies now. I had been resisting that so far. I was reading about NZ laws & such, as I was looking at NZ as a BOL outside of the US.

Simple math put an end to that. :rofl:

49 dead and 2 dozen injured because someone feels they are not getting their way in life.

I cannot comprehend the thought process involved in such things. I have been wronged in my life, sometimes seriously wronged. I never for a second thought about killing a bunch of people over it, people who probably - most likely, had nothing to do with it.

Things like this are the real-world threat posed my 'lone wolves'. There is no pattern to follow. No warning at all.

GOD rest all those souls. :gonk:

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:10 pm

Topic temporarily locked for moderator review about the politics being posted. I realize it's hard to have a thread like this and completely avoid politics but it seems to me the line just got crossed a bit and I want to lock it down and discuss it with my fellow mods before it blows up.

Edit: This topic is now reopened but with a strong reminder that the site rules against political discussion (in this case left vs right) will get it locked again if it continues to be a problem. Two posts have been moved to RSB and their owners are getting my best moderator's glare for making me have to lock an otherwise interesting thread, even temporarily. Don't do it again. :evil:
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution. - A. Lincoln

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:03 pm

I would suggest everyone redouble their prepping efforts before the next presidential election. With a lot more attention to food preps, drinking water availability and with this particularly bitter winter ending . Alternate or back up home heating
Not all those who wander are lost

John Titor was right

Return to “Contingency Planning & Preparation”