It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:17 am
Posts: 4
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 4 times
If you lack situational awareness, forget all the rest. It's important to have a great set of skills and tools to survive, but if there would be one single skill to have, it would be situational awareness, by far!

You must be constantly aware of your surroundings. What's happening around you? Whore are those people? Could any of them be a thread?

Planning is also part of situational awareness. Are you going to take a trip? What's the weather you should expect? What's the path or which roads will you take? At what time will you leave and arrive? At what points you should stop for food and gad? If there any relevant event happening in my way?

Observing your sorroundings is important. I saw people getting inside of a small shop while it was being robbed (yes, he got himself robbed too). I saw trees falling in people's head (with plenty of time to escape). I saw multiple people getting hit by cars while crossing streets while playing their smartphones, or not listening the accident behind them because they were running with headphones.

Go to Youtube and watch some videos about zero situational awareness, where you will see unbelievebles and funndy cases. Or search for robbery and try to imagine how a good situational awareness could have avoid them.

Situational awareness is about being smart, is predicting the future and acting beforehand to reduce risks. This is so important not only for survivalism, but for other aspects of your life too.


Source: https://greypizza.com/forum/index.php?topic=27.0

_________________
https://greypizza.com/forum/


Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:59 pm
Posts: 8
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Words to live by.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:15 pm 
Offline
* * * * *
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:16 pm
Posts: 11441
Has thanked: 71 times
Been thanked: 592 times
maze wrote:
If you lack situational awareness, forget all the rest. It's important to have a great set of skills and tools to survive, but if there would be one single skill to have, it would be situational awareness, by far!

You must be constantly aware of your surroundings. What's happening around you? Whore are those people? Could any of them be a thread?

Planning is also part of situational awareness. Are you going to take a trip? What's the weather you should expect? What's the path or which roads will you take? At what time will you leave and arrive? At what points you should stop for food and gad? If there any relevant event happening in my way?

Observing your sorroundings is important. I saw people getting inside of a small shop while it was being robbed (yes, he got himself robbed too). I saw trees falling in people's head (with plenty of time to escape). I saw multiple people getting hit by cars while crossing streets while playing their smartphones, or not listening the accident behind them because they were running with headphones.

Go to Youtube and watch some videos about zero situational awareness, where you will see unbelievebles and funndy cases. Or search for robbery and try to imagine how a good situational awareness could have avoid them.

Situational awareness is about being smart, is predicting the future and acting beforehand to reduce risks. This is so important not only for survivalism, but for other aspects of your life too.


Source: https://greypizza.com/forum/index.php?topic=27.0



Image

_________________
"Big Thanks - I promise to advance your agenda within the secret and omnipotent councils of the Trilateral Commission"

“No-one likes us, we don’t care.”


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:42 pm 
Offline
* * * * *
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:30 am
Posts: 1814
Has thanked: 256 times
Been thanked: 406 times
HA Ha ha irony, yea yes like a warm glass of beer, still gets you drunk mmmn just nod

_________________
As of now I bet you got me wrong


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:48 am 
Offline
*
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:33 pm
Posts: 62
Location: North Florida
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 3 times
Years ago I read an article in a BMW motorcycle owners magazine. A reader asked a safety expert which maneuver was more effective in avoiding a motorcycle collision, braking or swerving. The expert said neither, that situational awareness was the key. He then went on to say that if a rider finds themselves in a scenario where they had to decide whether to brake or swerve they already lost. Head on a swivel, read the flow of traffic and avoid bottlenecks.
All the gadgets, all the training in the world will not save someone operating in Condition White.

_________________
Lever 4 Ever!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:45 pm 
Online
* * * * *
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 2275
Has thanked: 1173 times
Been thanked: 323 times
Stercutus wrote:
maze wrote:
If you lack situational awareness, forget all the rest. It's important to have a great set of skills and tools to survive, but if there would be one single skill to have, it would be situational awareness, by far!

You must be constantly aware of your surroundings. What's happening around you? Whore are those people? Could any of them be a thread?

Planning is also part of situational awareness. Are you going to take a trip? What's the weather you should expect? What's the path or which roads will you take? At what time will you leave and arrive? At what points you should stop for food and gad? If there any relevant event happening in my way?

Observing your sorroundings is important. I saw people getting inside of a small shop while it was being robbed (yes, he got himself robbed too). I saw trees falling in people's head (with plenty of time to escape). I saw multiple people getting hit by cars while crossing streets while playing their smartphones, or not listening the accident behind them because they were running with headphones.

Go to Youtube and watch some videos about zero situational awareness, where you will see unbelievebles and funndy cases. Or search for robbery and try to imagine how a good situational awareness could have avoid them.

Situational awareness is about being smart, is predicting the future and acting beforehand to reduce risks. This is so important not only for survivalism, but for other aspects of your life too.


Source: https://greypizza.com/forum/index.php?topic=27.0



Image



Umm, I don't get it?

_________________
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:48 pm 
Offline
* * * * *
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:16 pm
Posts: 11441
Has thanked: 71 times
Been thanked: 592 times
woodsghost wrote:
Stercutus wrote:
maze wrote:
If you lack situational awareness, forget all the rest. It's important to have a great set of skills and tools to survive, but if there would be one single skill to have, it would be situational awareness, by far!

You must be constantly aware of your surroundings. What's happening around you? Whore are those people? Could any of them be a thread?

Planning is also part of situational awareness. Are you going to take a trip? What's the weather you should expect? What's the path or which roads will you take? At what time will you leave and arrive? At what points you should stop for food and gad? If there any relevant event happening in my way?

Observing your sorroundings is important. I saw people getting inside of a small shop while it was being robbed (yes, he got himself robbed too). I saw trees falling in people's head (with plenty of time to escape). I saw multiple people getting hit by cars while crossing streets while playing their smartphones, or not listening the accident behind them because they were running with headphones.

Go to Youtube and watch some videos about zero situational awareness, where you will see unbelievebles and funndy cases. Or search for robbery and try to imagine how a good situational awareness could have avoid them.

Situational awareness is about being smart, is predicting the future and acting beforehand to reduce risks. This is so important not only for survivalism, but for other aspects of your life too.


Source: https://greypizza.com/forum/index.php?topic=27.0



Image



Umm, I don't get it?


That's ok.

So long as you keep wandering around in the woods taking pictures and posting them on line we can still be friends.

_________________
"Big Thanks - I promise to advance your agenda within the secret and omnipotent councils of the Trilateral Commission"

“No-one likes us, we don’t care.”


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:11 pm 
Offline
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 pm
Posts: 8279
Location: Gulf Coast, AL
Has thanked: 133 times
Been thanked: 275 times
Stercutus wrote:
woodsghost wrote:
Stercutus wrote:

Image



Umm, I don't get it?


That's ok.

So long as you keep wandering around in the woods taking pictures and posting them on line we can still be friends.



Image

_________________
whisk.e.rebellion wrote:
It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.



Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:48 am
Posts: 3
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 0 time
Nice suggestion :lol:

_________________
My website|My youtube|Facebook.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group