OK, Fess Up, Which One of Ya'll Was This?

Topics in this category pertain to planning. Discussions include how to prepare yourself, your family and your community for catastrophes and what you plan to do when they hit you.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Langenator
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Zombieland, Shaun of the Dead (and Larry Correia's Monster Hunter series if they ever make them into movies)

OK, Fess Up, Which One of Ya'll Was This?

Post by Langenator » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:56 am

http://www.sltrib.com/news/2017/11/30/b ... ft-cabins/

To be honest, the cabins don't sound 'makeshift' to me. Not up to code for a residential building, sure, but plenty well built and sturdy.
Fortunis Fortus Paratus

woodsghost

Re: OK, Fess Up, Which One of Ya'll Was This?

Post by woodsghost » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:23 am

Well gee wiz. I'd say this is a prime example of why we follow the law and color inside the lines. You never know when your secret retreat will be discovered.

Also, forest fires can have an effect on your preps. Plan accordingly :)
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

Langenator
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Zombieland, Shaun of the Dead (and Larry Correia's Monster Hunter series if they ever make them into movies)

Post by Langenator » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:00 pm

What I find amazing is that he'd be at it for 30 years or so, and nobody noticed. Nor would they have, except for the fire. Other than the fire, he seems to have done a great job of picking his locations and maintaining OPSEC.
Fortunis Fortus Paratus

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:40 pm

the picture with all the burned food preps made me weep a little......
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

RonnyRonin
Favorite Zombie Movies: zombieland wasn't bad, but shaun started it for me.

Post by RonnyRonin » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:34 pm

I wonder what they found that had survived the fire with enough information to find the individual responsible.

Kudos for having multiple fall back locations, I also wonder if he could drive out there or if he had to carry in everything, if they had to remove some of it by helicopter...
share your tobacco and your kindling, but never your sauna or your woman.

AK, Glock, Pie.

taipan821

Post by taipan821 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:52 pm

the setups appear to be quite well made and though out, I wouldn't mind doing a Q and A with the person responsible, though I'm sure he/she doesn't frequent the forum.

and a lesson we can all take away from this, protect your supplies, especially ammo from heat and ignition sources. not unheard of even here in oz, with our generalized anti-gun view of things

http://news.cfa.vic.gov.au/news/ammo-ad ... -fire.html
Vincent Tornado: 2013
Tropical Cyclone Ita: Category 5 landfall 2014
Tropical Cyclone Marcia: Category 5 landfall 2015
Tropical Cyclone Nathan: Category 3 landfall 2015
Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie: Category 4 landfall 2017

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by raptor » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:26 pm

I hope not a ZS'er since it violates the cardinal rule of "you need to be the lawful owner or possessor of your BOL".

I am vaguely familiar with the area. Other than Alaska I cannot think of a less traveled area.

Vallyn

Post by Vallyn » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:04 pm

RonnyRonin wrote:I wonder what they found that had survived the fire with enough information to find the individual responsible.

Kudos for having multiple fall back locations, I also wonder if he could drive out there or if he had to carry in everything, if they had to remove some of it by helicopter...
My experience is that paper, especially in tight stacks (read: my worthless statistics textbook that even the prof hated), doesn't burn well at all. My guess is that there were documents present afterward. Heck, there might have even been a fireproof box for copies of important documents.

Return to “Contingency Planning & Preparation”