Is this what you call being prepared?

Topics in this category pertain to planning. Discussions include how to prepare yourself, your family and your community for catastrophes and what you plan to do when they hit you.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

RonnyRonin
Favorite Zombie Movies: zombieland wasn't bad, but shaun started it for me.

Re: Is this what you call being prepared?

Post by RonnyRonin » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:41 pm

raptor wrote: GFT!

In many ways the culture of many rural areas in the US is radically different from a city that may be a mere 2 hours away.

Vacation home owners in rural areas should not assume they will be treated the same as locals treat each other, unless they are immersed in the area and its populace for quite some time. In some cases that time frame may be generations.

Yup, thankfully that works both ways. Even if you haven't lived somewhere for years, them knowing your daddy and your granddaddy will give you a massive shortcut into good graces if you need to retreat back to the place you have roots.

Flying back for a wedding or funeral every now and then and sending christmas cards will go far as well, but as I find myself saying more and more often social capital is one of your most important preps.
share your tobacco and your kindling, but never your sauna or your woman.

AK, Glock, Pie.

Stercutus

Re: Is this what you call being prepared?

Post by Stercutus » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:27 pm

Vacation home owners in rural areas should not assume they will be treated the same as locals treat each other, unless they are immersed in the area and its populace for quite some time. In some cases that time frame may be generations.
This is why you are seeing more gated and condo style resorts in rural areas. That and to avoid the tweakers breaking in and stealing your stuff while you are not there.
"Big Thanks - I promise to advance your agenda within the secret and omnipotent councils of the Trilateral Commission"

“No-one likes us, we don’t care.”

Return to “Contingency Planning & Preparation”