It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:31 pm 

So, I write quite a lot and I have this hobby site where I write about things I come across, or that I’m interested in. There’s no set plan : )

Usually, it’s extreme sports/outdoor/wild camping related. But, I’ve recently created a zombie survival guide, and I feel like it could be improved; drastically.

I came across a Zombie Survival book that was like $5 and really-popular, so I want to create that, but just post it online for free. I feel like I’ve got the base sorted, but it’s lacking substance.

I’m hoping I’ve come to the right place to have people pass on genuine knowledge. If you feel somethings missing, let me know. If you have expertise in an area. Let me know.

I’ve read, read and re-read it and these are the bits that are bugging me. Feel free to rip it apart, I don’t take things personally, I just want to make it better!

Weapons
I’m not a gun nut, so I’d like to improve the weapons section regarding specific guns and scopes/covers that are the best, and why.

I’m personally a motocross junkie. When I read an article about motocross, ya’ just know when it’s not been written by someone that races.

And, I feel that the gun/weapon section might be a bit like that. It needs some input from a genuine gun/weapon nut that knows their sh*t.

I’d maybe like to link off to a whole section on another page detailing the best weapons etc.

Escape Plan
I’d like to add an ACTUAL escape plan - From someone that knows how to create one, and then build an interactive graphic that shows how it works.

Unlikely, but is there anyone here that’s got military training that can help?

Same as weapons, I think “the escape” could be a page in it’s own right, don’t ya think?

Surviving Isn’t Survivng
I wanted to add a section about making survival worth living.

Like, what do you do? What do you strive for? Just to survive?

As I said, any feedback or input good/bad is welcomed.

https://noobnorm.com/zombie-survival-guide/

Any help is appreciated. Post is getting pretty-long, so I’ll leave it at that for now!

Out!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:16 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

I am uncertain whether I get it but after a quick perusal it appears that you are trying to offer the same thing that this forum does for most people: Insight, some laughs, discussion, product introductions and/or reviews/sales, etc.

Seeing that you named it "Noob" indicates that you seem to have no issues with laughing about it and I applaud your efforts but generally speaking it has been done before. So, I ask myself what is in it for me and what is in it for you if my needs are already met elsewhere?

As to why you should consider "escape plans" and want to survive I could write all day as well.

Long before I joined the military and was trained to E&E, I watched dozens and dozens of names get listed on a New Years Day news alert, people that had stacked up at a couple of entrances/exits and perished because frantic people cannot all fit into a doorway at the same time.
Beverly Hills Supper Club Disaster
I was a teenager then but remember wondering how the hell this could of happened. A couple of years later I attended my first rock concert. A good portion of our football team attended and this was like my first introduction to the scrum, ruck and maul. My first rock concert. Pete Townsend was in rare form that night but it wasn't until much later, on the way home, that I heard on the radio that a tragedy had befallen quite a few people. I might add that I share a birthdate (day not year) with this guy named Houdini but that would be beside the point.

Finally, despite my belief that something better awaits, I'll admit a certain fondness for a Welsh poet that reminds us that our lives are actually pretty short and that we should RAGE, RAGE against departing before out time. Good luck.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:40 am 
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

It's a fine website. It's tongue and cheek and well produced. We're very opinionated (and in some cases even knowledgeable) here at ZS, so I'm sure you'll get plenty of pointed feedback. I hope people on these forums will give constructive but respectful input because again, it looks like your aim is to make it breezy and entertaining and I think you're off to a fine start.

My initial, semi-serious input: you ask what makes survival worth living? What am I striving for in a post apocalyptic world? In a word: community. I think self styled lone wolf survivalists whose prep planning focuses on some vague notion of "escaping" with a bug out or INCH bag are the ones who aren't going to last very long in the zombie apocalypse. We are social creatures and survival depends of either maintaining or recreating those social bonds in a time of great upheaval. It's vital both from a practical resource sharing/mutual protection standpoint, but also from an emotional health standpoint.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:58 am 

Hey,

Thanks for the replies.

Asymetryczna
I wouldn't say it's meant to be funny. I'm keen on the outdoors. Anything extreme sports/hiking/biking/wild camping/bush craft, so I wanted to make a guide themed around the time of year but combined with outdoors/survival, and thought this would be a good idea.

It was interesting for me to write, and just want to make it interesting for people to read.

I'd looked around and I've not seen a big guide, except the book on Amazon that's like $5 or so.

I get your point on frantic exits, not actually something I'd thought about.

As I said I think a well thought out plan in a visual format would make it interesting.

majorhavoc
Opinionated is fine :) Knowledgeable is even better.

Regarding community, that's a good point. Made me realise this is 99% focused on what do "I" do, and how do "I" survive, asides from the odd reference to a "group".

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:30 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Quote:
It's tongue and cheek and well produced.

It is tongue in cheek -the idiom- but the irony is now overwhelming me.
Anyway, good job on the website. If you are willing to look around a little more, you'll find some good ideas are available:

Free Books

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=118926

Top 200 Prepper Sites

http://topprepperwebsites.com/

How to Guide: (Out of 1,950,000 Google found):

http://all-that-is-interesting.com/surv ... apocalypse

Max Brooks' 2003 guide from Random House

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FBJAOG/re ... TF8&btkr=1

Welcome.