Pills over food...?

Topics in this category pertain to planning. Discussions include how to prepare yourself, your family and your community for catastrophes and what you plan to do when they hit you.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

exvassalofnemesis

Pills over food...?

Post by exvassalofnemesis » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:38 pm

So I had yet another idea...and this time I think its gold! Instead of eating three meals a day and running out of food while bugging in or for that matter bugging out...How about most of the vitamins, minerals, ecetera that one generally gains from food be acquired from pills...? How many people do you know are going to be like, "hey guys lets go to the store and instead of food, buy pills that can sustain us while making us suffer through hunger pains?" Sure there may be one meal (dinner) a day but that would be for keeping the pains of an empty stomach at bay. Plus this will increase the long lasting effects of food and may even cause the food you do have to sooner go bad than dying of starvation from eating it all too quickly. Indeed they even have calorie supplements for weight gain (I know I know cardio is important) but with little food this side effect should not take place and with chronic exercise from running from the undead and what not you will be burning up the calories. So ideas? Wholes in my idea? After SHTF there will be less food in the stores and maybe even headache medicine but fiber pills? If no one sees any problems with this I think I am going to start investing in this and rabbits who can be my source of meat and protein and help with the hunger problems. According to the internet a rabbit can costs 5 - 20 dollars, which considering their reproductive rate: http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/scary.html is affordable for a start-up means of having a repopulating food source. Seeing as I may be on to something here how about some advice on how many rabbits to have, when to kill off an adult for a bigger meal, and when to let some of the babies grow up to allow the cycle of life to continue and *hopefully* never allow what little food supply I need to run out. Naturally, with the rabbits one will not need a protein pill for each day one is eating rabbit to avoid protein poisoning, and let us face it their food is cheap and who is going to be trying to get some once we are WROL? Lastly, to acquire more water I was thinking of this: a canopy like device where the middle is slanted down as apposed to pointing up this way the rain pours down into a five gallon bucket. Having this on the whole back yard and rationing out the bottles of water and I should be able to last till the whole thing blows over...AND IT BETTER HAVE A BLOODY END!!!! :vmad: ...but without too much blood....thoughts?

P.S. Here is a site I used: http://nutritiondata.self.com/tools/calories-burned.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Re: Pills over food...?

Post by RickOShea » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:08 pm

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Browny
Favorite Zombie Movies: Probably not strictly a Z movie, but EvilDead has gotta be my fave. Bruce Campbell rocks!
(Maybe I also have a little chainsaw fetish, but thats just between us right !?)

Re: Pills over food...?

Post by Browny » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:28 am

Rabbit is also a VERY lean meat, to the point where people here in Oz back in the depression became ill from eating mostly rabbit and little else.
You need some degree of fats and oils in your diet.
Happiness is merely a temporary chemical imbalance of the true state of mind. JTHM

Return to “Contingency Planning & Preparation”