Zombie Apocalypse Scholarship

Topics in this category pertain to planning. Discussions include how to prepare yourself, your family and your community for catastrophes and what you plan to do when they hit you.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

EeRie
Favorite Zombie Movies: all of them

Zombie Apocalypse Scholarship

Post by EeRie » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:50 pm

Sorry if this was posted already I haven't been too active on the forums but i wanted to share...

"ScholarshipExperts.com have this quirky scholarship listed on their website as “Zombie Apocalypse Scholarship” and is offering $1,000 to the recipient who meets their criteria:

Be thirteen (13) years of age or older at the time of application
Be legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia
Be currently enrolled (or enroll no later than the fall of 2018) in an accredited post-secondary institution of higher education
Submit an online short written response (250 words or less) for the topic:
Imagine that your high school/college has been overrun with Zombies. Your math professor, the cafeteria ladies and even your best friend have all joined the walking dead. Use your brain to flesh out a plan to avoid the Zombies, including where you would hide and the top 5 things you would bring with you to stay alive.

I like that they capitalize zombies.

Something tells me a lot of you would have fun with this. Am I right? The application deadline is December 31, 2012 at 11:59 pm Eastern and the winner will be notified at the end of February next year. Read the full set of rules here.

http://www.scholarshipexperts.com/rules ... ted=zombie"
LasVegasWeekly.com wrote:“If you can survive a zombie apocalypse, you can survive anything,” said Eerie. As the founder of the Vegas chapter/comic relief/skirt chasing degenerate/drunk... Eerie established ZS 009 in January as a way for more colorful members of our community to get involved in activism.
ZSC:009
"Don't gamble with your life, Be Prepared!"

Crimson Phoenix
Favorite Zombie Movies: Virtually any Romero film, 28 Days Later, Zombieland, but I didn't care much for the Resident Evil trilogy.

Re: Zombie Apocalypse Scholarship

Post by Crimson Phoenix » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:44 am

Grad student here. My girlfriend, my friends, and I have all figured out in depth how to set up both our respective residences and groups for Z-Day, and the plan always adapts every time we changed dorms/apartments. I couldn't write it up in 250 words or less, and you'd end up with a detailed OP-Order with logistics plan and team assignments. :clap:

ArmchairRacer

Re: Zombie Apocalypse Scholarship

Post by ArmchairRacer » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:47 am

I'm not sure I could write it in under 250 words, but thanks for posting this. I could use an extra $1000 for prepping school.

Return to “Contingency Planning & Preparation”