It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:45 am 

My name is Joe, just joined and live in northeast Oklahoma, so I'm hoping there is some activity here, as it's much closer to me than ZSC:031 Central OK. There's another guy I'm friends with that would be interested as well.

Build a zombie a fire and he'll be warm for the night. Set a zombie on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:24 pm 

Welcome to the ZS Joe!

Your best bet it to try to get in touch with "magdelaina"! The rumor is that they (the Fayetteville area) are active in real life but not so much on the forums :?

The rest of us here are scattered out too much to be active in RL and just lurk the forums :rofl:

Good Luck and may the force be with you :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:37 pm 
ZS Chapter Volunteer
ZS Chapter Volunteer

Sadly, that rumor is untrue.

ZSC004 has not submitted a single event or meeting request in calendar year 2012. The chapter was officially marked inactive in March of 2009, 3.5 years ago.

Restarting this chapter would have the same requirements as starting a new chapter. Specifically:

Quote:
The main requirements are:
* Members: Three active Zombie Squad members (paid, cardholding members) to act as the responsible coordinators or officers of the chapters. These will be the folks who sign the relevant paperwork, and who we at ZS-HQ will look upon as the official leaders of the chapter.
* Events: At least 2 charity events hosted a year (blood drive, food drive, clothing drive, local charity fund raiser, highway clean up, etc).
* Regular meetings: Meetings at least every other month for the officers/members to plan events. Meetings at least once a quarter open to the public for recruiting and publicizing.

Naturally there will be paperwork. Everyone loves paperwork. We'll have an application for chapter status, a chapter agreement, an application for charity events, and the reports you'll file after each event and chapter meeting. It sounds like a lot, but we'll have them online and ready to fill out. Easy stuff.

To become a chapter you'd need to have three paid members and hold a charity event without using the ZS name. Note that this initial event must be approved by the ZS Chapters team before you hold it (forms available on request). After your event, you will submit an Event Debrief form and the completed Chapter Application. The ZS board will look at your application, and if approved they will send you the agreement.

If you're interested in pursuing this, send an email to: chapters@zombiehunters.org

cheers
mystic_1

ZS Chapter Volunteer
● Want to start a ZS chapter? ● Want to find other ZS members near you? ● Want to make your chapter more successful?
Email us at chapters@zombiehunters.org

See also: ● ZS Event CalendarZS Wiki

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:42 pm 

Thanks for the info. I'll see if we can get a third (hopefully 4th, 5th and more) person involved and see where we go from there. If it gets serious we'll contact HQ about either restarting this chapter or starting a new one for NE OK, whichever is more palatable for everybody...and if not we'll just make the occasional 6 hour round trip to ZSC:031...at least we both have family in that area to overnight with if that's what it comes to.

Build a zombie a fire and he'll be warm for the night. Set a zombie on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:04 pm 

Oh just go ahead and shoot down my hopes and dreams :rofl:

Thankz for the heads up Mystic_1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:00 pm 

Very interesting... Guess I'll have to do what I can in the Fort.

-Fenris-

"How quickly a man takes on the qualities of darkness. Men who live by night; the soldier, the thief, the traveller by night, the vagabond... theirs is a different way of thinking, and they do not fear the dark nor what may come upon them by night because they themselves are of the night, a part of it." ~louis lamour

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:42 pm 

(listens to the crickets chirp)

-fenris-

"How quickly a man takes on the qualities of darkness. Men who live by night; the soldier, the thief, the traveller by night, the vagabond... theirs is a different way of thinking, and they do not fear the dark nor what may come upon them by night because they themselves are of the night, a part of it." ~louis lamour

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:38 pm 

Yeah...that pretty much sums it up.

I'm just too busy right now, with work, building a house and taking a night class, to do anything else. My class ends Thursday and hopefully my house will be done by the end of January and make some room for some extracurriculars.

All that said, I'm really hoping there's someone that wants to pick up the torch in terms of chapter leadership because I simply can't devote the time necessary for that level of commitment right now. It wouldn't be fair to the members for me to take that sort of position and not give it my fullest effort.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:54 pm 

That is likewise my position. Between working second shift, tending to a high maintenance child, and military obligations, I don't have quite enough time to act as a leader for whatever group could be worked together.

-fenris-

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:16 am 

I'm in a somewhat similar boat - I need a job that pays better, but more importantly has more family and friend friendly - heh, heh... - hours for attending events. Family comes first for me, so that means putting in as much OT as I can wrangle - when I can get it.