NW Meetup 2/13

Forum for the North West Arkansas chapter members.

Moderators: ZS Chapter Volunteers, ZS Board of Directors, ZSC 004 Officers

magdelaina
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, ROTLD3, Idle Hands, Doomsday

NW Meetup 2/13

Post by magdelaina » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:50 am

Hey everyone.

I was waiting for an e-mail response from chapters/admin with chapter reactivation information and event guidelines before posting our writeup, but since its been a week I'll go ahead.

Our meeting went along as planned Saturday 2/13, though the location was moved by a few hundred feet. We had six in attendance, including AntiAnti, Heckedy Peg, myself, and three new folks. rugger16 wasn't able to make it this time.

After the initial name exchange, we went over some basics, and moved on to discussion of our various community connections and threw around ideas for our first project. It looks like we are headed in the direction of a pubcrawl and movie night, since two of the new members have connections to some local venues. Fayetteville had a Zombie Crawl last year with a great turnout, and I'm discussing collaboration with the person that put it together.

Some ideas for future events were also discussed, including attendance at the NWA Preparedness Fair in the fall, and manning a booth on the square in Fayetteville for a couple of days during the farmers market this summer to sell seedlings and educate browsers on urban self-sufficiency.

I was aware that pre-chapters aren't allowed to use the ZS name and logo for their first event, and some of us thought that it would be a shame to host such a large themed event without them. If that applies to chapters seeking reactivation, we will go ahead with a smaller event such as a food drive to support the North West Arkansas Food Bank, or Seven Hills Homeless shelter. This is also the Plan B incase we can't quickly secure a venue.

We have 16 people interested in attending the next meeting, which I hope to schedule as soon as possible. I'm waiting on a response from chapters/admin, and tying up details and following some new leads on needed charity work in the mean time.

FlatlinesUp

Re: NW Meetup 2/13

Post by FlatlinesUp » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:29 pm

Congrats on your successful meeting, I'm glad it went well for you and wish you the best of luck
BethDeath wrote:I'm the one who pointed out ZS to my husband. Nuff said. I'm awesome.

Dresden

Post by Dresden » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:51 am

This is what I get for not paying attention...

I'll stay in better contact and be at the next meeting :)
I Remember Zombie Con 2005!!

America is teh roXor!

jclaudii

Post by jclaudii » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:59 pm

can you send me the contact names and information of the ones interested along with zs id's with the folks at your meeting....even if this does pan out to be a multi state unit we should work together and include each other on our events!

bloodymae

Post by bloodymae » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:27 pm

hia hubby and me will try and be there next time :mrgreen:

MarcoPolo

Post by MarcoPolo » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:09 pm

AntiAnti recruited me! Couldn't make it on such short notice, but looking forward to next time.

AnitaBlake

Post by AnitaBlake » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:11 pm

Happy to be a part of ZS!!! Sorry I wasn't able to make this meeting, looking forward to the upcoming events!

TheAntiAnti
Favorite Zombie Movies: Too Many

Post by TheAntiAnti » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:01 am

:) I'll be looking forward to seeing all of you at our next meeting!!

neobreakya

Post by neobreakya » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:04 am

Hi!
New to ZS but I'm definately in. I'll be sure to hit you guys up for the next meeting!

magdelaina
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, ROTLD3, Idle Hands, Doomsday

Post by magdelaina » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:57 am

Yay! That's 10 with an online presence so far, and 8 more still expected. 59% compiled!
Were and Will be list thus far includes: AnitaBlake, bloodymae, Dresden, Heckedy Peg, magdelaina, MarcoPolo, neobreakya, rugger16, TheAntiAnti, tiberous

I've friended everyone to keep in touch about the next meeting, and if I didn't get your contact details at the first one, or by any other means so far, please PM it to me. Include how/if you want it shared publicly or among the group(s).

If you haven't, please go and voice your opinion on the independent/combined group in jclaudii's poll post.

Dresden

Post by Dresden » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:23 am

Generally it's safe to assume that if I'm there, there will be others tagging along that haven't been on the forums, possibly some from the original group.

Edit:

Is there any interest in using a vent server to just bs for AR members? If anyone wants, let me know and i'll get you the vent info... also.. my yahoo and such if anyone wants.
I Remember Zombie Con 2005!!

America is teh roXor!

Return to “INACTIVE - ZSC:004”