Post your name here if you want to be a meber/LEADER!

Forum for the North West Arkansas chapter members.

Moderators: ZS Chapter Volunteers, ZS Board of Directors, ZSC 004 Officers

eatatjoz

Re: Post your name here if you want to be a meber/LEADER!

Post by eatatjoz » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:22 pm

What the hell. Throw me in there.
I'm busy running my business and I have lots of stuff on my schedule, but if I can help, I'll be a leader.
PM is being sent.
(I will warn you though, if it interferes with my house payment, all bets are off.)

kinaisan
Favorite Zombie Movies: Let Dead Corpses Lie

Post by kinaisan » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:57 pm

jclaudii wrote:Damn...See what happens when I only read the "new posts" and not make a stop by our local section!

Anyways, I drive past Morrilton everyday on my way to and from work. I could have easily swung by there! o-well I'll call the number and see if they still need some stuff and that may satisfy HQ's need!

Well...since this is thread about finding a few leaders here is who I have so far

jclaudii(me)
kinaisan
possibly Dresden?

I would really like at least one more so we have a back up in case any of the others don't show up or can't show up.

Dresden, Could you please pm me and kin what happened to the previous leadership.
Well they give out food every 2 weeks to these 800 some odd families, so if you missed out once I don't see why we couldn't do it a 2nd time.

Dresden: They are protected by the city and sell the farmers veggies and what not so likely they could get away with just about anything.
Why yes, I do make for a perfectly good bullet sponge!!!

Fenris

Post by Fenris » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:15 pm

Aye, just a regular member for now, at least until I can get everything fixed up here at home. (making sure my parents can keep my boys on whatever days we have meetings.)

-fenris-
"How quickly a man takes on the qualities of darkness. Men who live by night; the soldier, the thief, the traveller by night, the vagabond... theirs is a different way of thinking, and they do not fear the dark nor what may come upon them by night because they themselves are of the night, a part of it." ~louis lamour

kinaisan

Post by kinaisan » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:36 pm

Are they well armed?

REB 27

Post by REB 27 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:20 am

Just a plain old regular member here too. Just say the time and place for a meet and I'll sure try to be there.
F***, I hate clowns!

Chevron seven, locked!

Fenris

Post by Fenris » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:25 am

My 'rents? My Dad activily carried a .500sw as a ccw, until he got a new 1911, and my step-mom says "can I shoot it again" whenever we get out the 10gauge.

-fenris-
"How quickly a man takes on the qualities of darkness. Men who live by night; the soldier, the thief, the traveller by night, the vagabond... theirs is a different way of thinking, and they do not fear the dark nor what may come upon them by night because they themselves are of the night, a part of it." ~louis lamour

jclaudii

Post by jclaudii » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:31 pm

Okay update:
jclaudii(me)
kinaisan
Dresden
eatatjoz

I'm leaning more towards the bare minimum of expenditures myself so we may be utilizing virtual meetings more than physical meetings. I e-mailed HQ for the forms to fill out again, and I'll be putting the above names on it. We will then figure out a charity on the same day we can all participate in. Several good ones have been mentioned, we just need to get one done so we can move forward.

I"m thinking of virtual meetings for the most part and at least one to two good physical meetings at places where we can camp or something to save everyone some money. Perhaps a mock Bug Out/camp trip/chapter meeting all in one :).

Our main mission should be to promote ZS and to educate others about disaster preparedness. So hopefully we'll be able to get more members and have more participation than ever before. I have seen some great ideas from just looking at the calendar of events. But you have to admit, it would be kinda cool for ZS to be doing a Food Drive right along with radio stations, etc before and after disasters strike.

Also, Dresden, is there anyway we can get ahold of the AR chapters mailing list and sent out an e-mail?

Dresden

Post by Dresden » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:16 pm

I'll what I can to find contact info for everyone that used to be involved. The old mailing list that we used doesn't work anymore, only a couple people on the list still have the same contact info.
I Remember Zombie Con 2005!!

America is teh roXor!

jclaudii

Post by jclaudii » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:23 pm

or if that is hard to come by, I wonder if we can get a list of members that are active and are awarded permission to this chapter?

kinaisan

Post by kinaisan » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:27 pm

Fenris wrote:My 'rents? My Dad activily carried a .500sw as a ccw, until he got a new 1911, and my step-mom says "can I shoot it again" whenever we get out the 10gauge.

-fenris-
Lovely, wish my family was the same way. Sadly most are stuck up suburbians with no thought that they may have to worry about anything or anyONE.

jclaudii: Well for those that are going to be actual participants of the chapter, we ought to have zip codes or a general address of them so that a decent spot can be picked for all. No exact addresses unless that said person feels comfortable with it. Just a thought though.

velojym
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido

Post by velojym » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:05 am

That reminds me. I used to toy with the idea of carrying a .44 mag Super Redhawk as a ccw, just to see if I could do it.
I'm a bear of a fellow, so I think maybe I could pull it off. That'd be a hell of a thing for a would-be mugger to learn the
hard way. 8)
Wouldn't it be great if all wars could be fought just by the assholes who started them?
-The Postman

Fenris

Post by Fenris » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:54 pm

Personally think a taurus raging bull in 4" would be easier, if they made one?

But that's totally off topic, lolz

-fenris-

kinaisan

Post by kinaisan » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:11 pm

Speaking of which, when are we getting the paperwork jclaudii? A bit anxious to get a goin. lol

Dresden

Post by Dresden » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:54 am

on the lines of virtual meetings, i have a vent server if anyone is interested

America is teh roXor!

kinaisan

Post by kinaisan » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:48 pm

Dresden wrote:on the lines of virtual meetings, i have a vent server if anyone is interested
Vent server?

Dresden

Post by Dresden » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:23 pm

http://www.ventrilo.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

server info
shifu.zebgames.com:4447

i'm not on much, chances are other people will be. make yourself at home and i'll add a ZS channel soon

America is teh roXor!

jclaudii

Post by jclaudii » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:40 am

Sorry...I slacked off the stuff a little bit. mainly I am looking for an event that we can all get involved in that is basically being put on by someone else....volunteer work...I think we should volunteer our work for our first NON-ZS charity. I'm thinking this could easily be the month to make it happen with so many charities operating haunted houses, etc. All we need are a few of the officers I have mentioned above along with just some regular ZS members.

I think it may even be okay if we volunteered in our respective areas since were not a chapter yet.

Yea...I think as soon as we do become a chapter again, I hope I can get an access list to who has permissions on section. We all had to ask for permission to be allowed in before we could post. I think the zipcode is a great idea as it just gives the "rough" idea of where you live. we'll put it together and not keep it posted to the forum, but perhaps on our "webpage" that way not every ZS user can see it.

I think the vent server will be useful in the future if enough people do not have windows live or yahoo, etc (those all do voice now as well as some other stuff)

kinaisan

Post by kinaisan » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:12 pm

Our "webpage"? Still slightly new, do we have a seperate website? o_O

FlatlinesUp

Post by FlatlinesUp » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:56 pm

I've also got serverspace and can make us a hidden meeting room on one of my Vbulletin forms as well if ya'll think it'd be advantagous.

I'm interested in seeing the activity grow here and will do what I'm able to do to help.

FWIW, I already donate quite a bit of time/$ to Maumelle CERT (est 200hrs+, $500+ last year) as well as the Southern Baptist Disaster Relief (est 150hrs, $800+/-), so I'm a veritable pinch hitter for donations/time on the paperwork.
BethDeath wrote:I'm the one who pointed out ZS to my husband. Nuff said. I'm awesome.

TheAntiAnti
Favorite Zombie Movies: Too Many

Post by TheAntiAnti » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:02 pm

Hi.
I'm fairly new to the forum (finally joined), but I've been watching and reading for a long time. I'm very interested in being a part of getting the NWA chapter back together. I recently moved to the area (used to live in central Arkansas) and I'd really like to see this chapter become active again! I'd love to take a leadership role and help get this thing back on its feet.
We're currently discussing a meet and greet in another thread. Be sure to post with your ideas!

//Tyler//

Return to “INACTIVE - ZSC:004”