It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:01 pm 

Seems our leadership is MIA, so we have to start over. We basically need 3 individuals or more to act as our liaisons for HQ (paperwork is involved).Once we have our numbers and who our leaders are we'll get them setup and start our paperwork for re-reinstatement.

Please post a response like mine Below:

Quote:
Member or Leader
jclaudii (userid)
pm'd you details on me.

The details I need pm'ed are your e-mail address and your real name so I can pass them on to ZS-HQ.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I'm hoping we have a ton of members for our section and at lest the required 3 step up to be leaders or possibly bump it to 5 for extra insurance this don't happen again.

You can go out to http://zombiehunters.org/chapters/index.php and see what all is involved in being a chapter leader.

Thanks for listening.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:09 pm 

Since my... Availabilty is a liability, I won't be able to volunteer myself for leadership, but sometime this weekend I'll try to get Dresden's phone number... If I don't already have it in a PM, and call him, alright, perhaps I can get a few other "old" members numbers off of him, kay?

-fenris-

"How quickly a man takes on the qualities of darkness. Men who live by night; the soldier, the thief, the traveller by night, the vagabond... theirs is a different way of thinking, and they do not fear the dark nor what may come upon them by night because they themselves are of the night, a part of it." ~louis lamour

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:02 pm 

sounds good, but what I typed above is what ZS-HQ told me that we have to start all over like we didn't exist.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:10 pm 

I would but my time is limited too. It's annual training time once more at Chaffee and I have to be there.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:00 pm 

Hrm... I don't know why we couldn't work it out like that, I mean I didn't propose asking all the old management to take up their old places, I mean apparently they didn't do too well the first time to keep it all together, so why place them in management position again?

Anyways, Crajon, I got you there, I've got to go for a week in September for that annual training, despite just coming out of Basic.

Well... I hope all this comes together eventually, especially with real camping weather just around the corner.

-fenris-

"How quickly a man takes on the qualities of darkness. Men who live by night; the soldier, the thief, the traveller by night, the vagabond... theirs is a different way of thinking, and they do not fear the dark nor what may come upon them by night because they themselves are of the night, a part of it." ~louis lamour

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:43 am 

I want to be a member.

Cris

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:00 pm 

Okay, so here is where we stand as of now, no AR chapter exist and we have to start from scratch. So with that being said, I've sent a few e-mails off to various places seeing about doing a charity event WITHOUT the ZS name attached. I also have some other ideas I"ll mention below and I'll add to the list as more ideas come in. Basically we have to do the entire process over. So First off I need at least two others that can be "leaders" so we can have an official person to do the required paperwork. I am hoping this isn't too much, but hey, I can try right. My wife said she would sign up as well, but that puts two people from the same household and I would really like to see it spread out across the state so we hopefully won't have our leadership MIA again. We'll also set it up so if someone is MIA for a extended period of time and does not participate, we remove that person from the leadership role and assign someone else from the AR board.

Some ideas for Charity event:
    CarWash somewhere to raise money for charity:
    "Zombie" night at a movie theater/s and donate money to charity
    host a general Disaster Awareness event and accept donations. This could be a geocaching event to get tons of people to come and learn about this
    Road/Park cleanup
    Movie night at Vino's in LR
    ???

On the Geocaching event, it may be worthwhile to include some of our events as a geocaching event to show up on the huge geocaching.com website and include the huge base of geocachers we have here in AR. I have talked some earthquake preparedness on the AR geocaching forums (http://www.arkgeocaching.org) and it was a decent topic and was well received.

Please let me know more ideas to add to the list and if you want to be a "leader" or "Member" The difference is one has some responsibility and the latter does not.

Last edited by jclaudii on Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:30 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Vino's Brewpub, on 7th street in Little Rock, has a room they use for local concerts and movie nights. They've played all
sorts of "off the back" and nearly forgotten films there, and they might be up for doing a Zombie Night special. You'd need
to see whether they'd be ok with charging, but if the proceeds are going to a charity, I don't think they'd mind.
Also, last time I checked, they had good pizza and some nice beers.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:43 am 

Very Good idea velojym, I'll add it to the list along with

Road/park cleanup all across our state. I figure we could easily do a road cleanup as our charity event to get the club rolling again. We could even have 3 or 4 on the same day so we can make sure we have the correct number of volunteers, we'll just be spread out a little bit. We would require sign up sheets and someone in each area "responsible" for the event, sign up sheets, and pictures.

I think the vino's movie night is a great idea, but it would be cooler after we get our ZS name back :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:03 pm 

Not all three of the us are MIA. I'm not. Contact me if you have any questions, or want a brief history of what happened. I'd hate to see it happen again.

Edit: Also, while the inactive status is online, I've been pursuing getting some members back together and have contact information for several people in the area.

Edit Edit: hell, anyone can contact me about anything if they like 479-301-5717

America is teh roXor!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:16 pm 

Ok so just for a FYI basis, who were the original leaders? (( Or current still for those that are still here.))

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:04 pm 

The 3 original were myself, Dark Knight III and Fenrisulfr. Both of whom dropped off the planet over a year ago. I'll continue help anyone in any capacity. For starters, I do feel if anyone wants to take a Leadership role, they should contact me so at least to understand what happened once so it doesn't happen again. I really want this ZS Arkansas thing to work.

America is teh roXor!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:21 pm 

What the hell, I'll throw my name in the hat.

I'll be a leader
ID: kinaisan

Already pm'ed my stuff to you.

Anybody else brave enough to stand with me?

Also on a note, I received word that Morrilton, AR had their food bank burn down and ruined all of their canned and dried food storage. They are completely wiped out. They feed about 800 families in the area. Just another thought for a charity drive. And it is a bit closer for most if I am not mistaken.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:51 pm 

Damn, I say we jump on this Morrilton thing. I will hit the stores tomorrow for some supplies. I'm in Fayetteville and will be contacting everyone I can to get some help... Can you get some details for us? Whoever can who sees this post and can see my number, call me if interested, I obviously don't have everyone's contact info.

America is teh roXor!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:54 pm 

I'll see if I can find an alt contact number. I was seeing if anyone else knew anything to add. As the building burnt so did all their communications and junk. Don't see why their email wouldn't still work eh?

Edit: Here is the link to the story.
http://www.todaysthv.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=91183&catid=2
Contact info for quick access

To donate to the pantry contact:
Manna from Heaven
119 N. Moore St.
Morrilton, Ar 72110

(501) 215-6560

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:16 am 

Okay, I've posted on my facebook a bit about what happened and that I'm sending stuff their way. The story said it was 16 hours old and that they had 6 days left to get the food. That leaves us with just a day or two to get things in the mail to them. That is, unless we are coordinated enough that we can just send someone down with a packed vehicle.

America is teh roXor!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:46 pm 

Well I have a bit of a drive to get there myself. If I got a list of places to hit along the way I could pick up the supplies gathered and deliver them. Just dont want to waste gas hunting people down lol.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:16 pm 

If I don't hear from anyone by tomorrow I'm just going to put what I picked up in the mail tomorrow afternoon.

America is teh roXor!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:05 pm 

if we dont then at least this will one attempt to revive this chapter. Come on people! I'll give ya'll a cookie if you help!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:01 pm 

Well, I mailed off my donation today, hope you guys are doing the same!

America is teh roXor!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:16 pm 

I did what i could but apparently my grocery store has no problem selling expired stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:38 pm 

um, is that even legal?

America is teh roXor!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:56 pm 

Damn...See what happens when I only read the "new posts" and not make a stop by our local section!

Anyways, I drive past Morrilton everyday on my way to and from work. I could have easily swung by there! o-well I'll call the number and see if they still need some stuff and that may satisfy HQ's need!

Well...since this is thread about finding a few leaders here is who I have so far

jclaudii(me)
kinaisan
possibly Dresden?

I would really like at least one more so we have a back up in case any of the others don't show up or can't show up.

Dresden, Could you please pm me and kin what happened to the previous leadership.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:03 pm 

I have velojym Fenris and Crispinfirm as just basic members who are not interested in leading at this time! ( I know some of you have other engagements that make it not desirable or possible)

Is that correct?