How about Arkansas RiceDepot

Forum for the North West Arkansas chapter members.

Moderators: ZS Chapter Volunteers, ZS Board of Directors, ZSC 004 Officers

jclaudii

How about Arkansas RiceDepot

Post by jclaudii » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:00 am

http://www.ricedepot.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
or
http://www.ricedepot.org/Disaster_Relie ... hungry.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is a brainstorm thread in order to find a great cause to bring ZS Members/Lurkers together to raise money/supplies for Arkansans. The RiceDepot was started here in our state, helps every county in our state, and is run by volunteers mainly! Also, their Kid programs for providing food to kids is great, and really gets too me. I hate thinking of any kid having to go without because of hardships or deadbeats.

Also, their disaster relief program fits right in line with our mantra to be prepared. We basically do a supplies drive and build survival kits to be handed out when the next tornado/flood/earthquake happens. The people affected by our previous years tornadoes truly appreciate these kits being given out.

This charity work would also get our status back to active!

The other idea I had was just a simple Zombie Flick Night at various theaters around our state(mainly the smaller ones that are cheaper) and charge like 5-8 bucks over the fee and we'll donate it to a particular cause. Also, make it so people who "dress-up" get a discount so we'll draw extra attention.

Your thoughts?

Fenris

Re: How about Arkansas RiceDepot

Post by Fenris » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:18 pm

cue kazhikstanian accent: Very Nice.

Anyways, you, sir, are becoming quite an outspoken Arkansan. And you have my applause as for the idea.

-fenris-
"How quickly a man takes on the qualities of darkness. Men who live by night; the soldier, the thief, the traveller by night, the vagabond... theirs is a different way of thinking, and they do not fear the dark nor what may come upon them by night because they themselves are of the night, a part of it." ~louis lamour

kinaisan
Favorite Zombie Movies: Let Dead Corpses Lie

Post by kinaisan » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:20 pm

I agree, this would be an excellent idea. I have a friend with the local grocery who gets into stuff like this. He can usually get a good amount of food stuff gathered and donated. I fit goes through Ishall see what else I can do.
Why yes, I do make for a perfectly good bullet sponge!!!

Crispinfirm

Post by Crispinfirm » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:01 am

The other idea I had was just a simple Zombie Flick Night at various theaters around our state(mainly the smaller ones that are cheaper) and charge like 5-8 bucks over the fee and we'll donate it to a particular cause. Also, make it so people who "dress-up" get a discount so we'll draw extra attention.

Your thoughts?
You mentioned this before and it is a neat idea. Did you contact the Russellville theater on 64E?

Cris

jclaudii

Post by jclaudii » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:28 am

I have e-mailed the contact for that theater so far.

kinaisan
Favorite Zombie Movies: Let Dead Corpses Lie

Post by kinaisan » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:06 pm

Have you guys thought about a haunted house? We do one here in Carlisle ((me and my in-laws)) and the year before last we made enough money to cover supplies, about 50$ to each actor, and donated about 2,500$ to the local senor citizen center. Just a thought.
Why yes, I do make for a perfectly good bullet sponge!!!

Dresden

Post by Dresden » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:32 am

All of these are great ideas! I'm down to help with any.
I Remember Zombie Con 2005!!

America is teh roXor!

Crispinfirm

Post by Crispinfirm » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:50 pm

jclaudii wrote:I have e-mailed the contact for that theater so far.
Read in the paper that theater is shutting down.

Cris

Return to “INACTIVE - ZSC:004”