Easter weekend OHT hiking trip.

Forum for the North West Arkansas chapter members.

Moderators: ZS Chapter Volunteers, ZS Board of Directors, ZSC 004 Officers

Omni
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the dead.

Easter weekend OHT hiking trip.

Post by Omni » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:10 pm

We are planning on doing OHT section 5 and maybe section 6 over Easter weekend. So far I don't have any more details since this is in the early planning stage. The AR15.com Survival forum started doing the trail in sections a few years ago. Anyone here who is interested is more than welcome to join us.

Omni

ETA: Here is the link to the AR15.com thread I just started.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b ... 057&page=1

Heckedy Peg
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of The Dead (original)
28 Days Later

Re: Easter weekend OHT hiking trip.

Post by Heckedy Peg » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:25 pm

I was reading your plan, trying to look for some maps to see what you were planning and found this great map page.

Problem is the first line of the page, which I didn't see until just now...

http://www.ouachitamaps.com/OHT.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stupid ice storm.
"People tend to not prepare until it is too late.. We live in a society that believes it is beneath them to do for themselves. Self-sufficiency was the dream of people escaping tyranny and poverty... The American dream is now luxury and convenience. Anything else is squalor, antisocial-insanity or amusing and pitiable eccentricity at best."

Omni
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the dead.

Post by Omni » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:01 pm

Hmmm thats the first I have heard of it. It should be open by Easter and if it isnt we may hike it anyways. They can threaten and say all they want but it is our National Forest after all. Also I dont know where I got it but I have the idea in my head that closing a trail means that they dont want you to hike it but cant really stop you. Its just that if you get hurt they wont start a rescue.

Heckedy Peg
ZS Member
ZS Member
28 Days Later

Post by Heckedy Peg » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:24 pm

OK, cool. I can respect that.
"People tend to not prepare until it is too late.. We live in a society that believes it is beneath them to do for themselves. Self-sufficiency was the dream of people escaping tyranny and poverty... The American dream is now luxury and convenience. Anything else is squalor, antisocial-insanity or amusing and pitiable eccentricity at best."

jclaudii

Post by jclaudii » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:27 pm

how did your trip turn out? Did you have lots of downed trees?

Heckedy Peg
ZS Member
ZS Member
28 Days Later

Post by Heckedy Peg » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:45 pm

I hear they have the trail basically cleaned up. Did you ever get out and go on your trip?

Return to “INACTIVE - ZSC:004”