Hiking

Forum for the North West Arkansas chapter members.

Moderators: ZS Chapter Volunteers, ZS Board of Directors, ZSC 004 Officers

Heckedy Peg
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of The Dead (original)
28 Days Later

Hiking

Post by Heckedy Peg » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:19 pm

I'm headed out to the Butterfield Trail in Devil's Den on September 12th with my friend and my brother. We plan on taking it easy and finishing by the 14th.
Has anyone here hiked that trail?
"People tend to not prepare until it is too late.. We live in a society that believes it is beneath them to do for themselves. Self-sufficiency was the dream of people escaping tyranny and poverty... The American dream is now luxury and convenience. Anything else is squalor, antisocial-insanity or amusing and pitiable eccentricity at best."

Regret

Re: Hiking

Post by Regret » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:55 pm

I've done Devil's Den, careful going there because of all the rain we've had lately if you're planning a trip to the caves. Pack a few good flashlights, some batteries, some chemlights, and a good rope.

I usually try to do Devil's Den sometime before the rains start in October, go up there, have the girlfriend just leave me there and drop off the radar for a week or so.
Church: What a shitty medical school.
Tucker: Yeah, where'd you go, the University of Jamaica?
Doc: Oh please, I wouldn't be caught dead on that campus. I went to Jamaica State! We were the Jamaica State Fighting Irish!

Heckedy Peg
ZS Member
ZS Member
28 Days Later

Post by Heckedy Peg » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:56 pm

Rain, rain, rain... this will be fun.
"People tend to not prepare until it is too late.. We live in a society that believes it is beneath them to do for themselves. Self-sufficiency was the dream of people escaping tyranny and poverty... The American dream is now luxury and convenience. Anything else is squalor, antisocial-insanity or amusing and pitiable eccentricity at best."

Regret

Post by Regret » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:54 pm

Hope everything goes ok, I'd really think of postponing it in lue of what is going to be happening with Ike over the weekend. Next weekend is supposed to be really nice....actually, I wish I could be off work Friday and Monday, I've been itching for another one of my excursions.
Doc: Oh please, I wouldn't be caught dead on that campus. I went to Jamaica State! We were the Jamaica State Fighting Irish!

Dresden

Post by Dresden » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:57 pm

did you make the hike? if so, how did it go?
I Remember Zombie Con 2005!!

America is teh roXor!

Regret

Post by Regret » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:11 pm

If he doesn't answer before the weekend is over...I think a search party is in order.

Heckedy Peg
ZS Member
ZS Member
28 Days Later

Post by Heckedy Peg » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:03 pm

We made it fine. The hurricane blew in the night of the day we got back. Pretty bad storm. I'm glad we decided to not stay out in it. Pushed over a lot of trees around here.

Heckedy Peg
ZS Member
ZS Member
28 Days Later

Post by Heckedy Peg » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:41 pm

So, has anyone ever hiked the Ouachita National Recreation trail? It's about 189 miles long, goes through the Ouachita's. Sounds fun...

Fennrisulfr

Post by Fennrisulfr » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:36 pm

Heckedy Peg wrote:So, has anyone ever hiked the Ouachita National Recreation trail? It's about 189 miles long, goes through the Ouachita's. Sounds fun...
Not yet. I've done part of the Ozark Highland Trail though. It's amazing!
I Survived Zombie Con 2007!
ZS Fleet #0065

"Medical authorities in Cumberland have concluded that in all cases, the killers are eating the flesh of the people they kill."

Regret

Post by Regret » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:46 pm

I've not done all of the Quachita trail before, but the whole Quachita State Park area is all of about 10 minutes away from where I was born, so I've been all around that area and the lakes.

I've got vacation coming sometime in early November (my favorite time of the year if it is dry), I'm planning on spending a few days out in the wilderness with my bug-out gear...I cannot wait.

Return to “INACTIVE - ZSC:004”