Everybody knows not all survival situations are

Forum for the North West Arkansas chapter members.

Moderators: ZS Chapter Volunteers, ZS Board of Directors, ZSC 004 Officers

ScareCrows

Everybody knows not all survival situations are

Post by ScareCrows » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:57 pm

Everyone knows that not all survival situations are handled the same way so lets discuss the three that this site is mostly concerned with.

1) Flood

2) Hurricane/ Tornado

3) Zombie Infestation

How would you as a member of ZS handle each of the previous in the part of Arkansas you now inhabit???

Sorry if I'm steppin on any toes, but I would love to know the answer to this question???
wake up lil snoozie!!!

Dresden

Post by Dresden » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:03 am

hehe, asking questions isn't stepping on toes...

these are good questions, probably get more response from the main forum though, our group is kinda forum shy
I Remember Zombie Con 2005!!

America is teh roXor!

Heckedy Peg
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of The Dead (original)
28 Days Later

Re: Everybody knows not all survival situations are

Post by Heckedy Peg » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:01 am

Oh god! This thread has come back to life! Somebody take it's head off with a shovel!

I was bored,

So I don't think I would have to worry too much about flooding. I live in a pretty hilly area. Getting back to my home from work would be an issue. I try to carry enough stuff with me every day to make it back home in the event of some kind of disaster. I always have an emergency poncho on me, so... at least my upper body would be dry.

Tornado is the most likely disaster for any of us that live in Arkansas. I have an old cellar that I could climb into. B.O.B> is always within reach if I'm home. Again, I try to keep enough stuff with me or in my car to make it home in the event of a disaster... and of course, stay away from any mobile homes. Apparently you're safer in a ditch outside than in a mobile home (no offense to anyone who lives in a trailer).

Ah, zombies... As long as I'm home when the hordes start reanimating, I think I'd be fine. I live in the country, so it's more of a bug in location. I'd hate to have to fight my way out of the city to get home. I don't have my CCL, so it'd have to be all hand to hand. That is if it were a sudden event. Chances are that there would be all kinds of warning signs and I'd be a little more prepared, or have stopped going to work long before it was an issue...
"People tend to not prepare until it is too late.. We live in a society that believes it is beneath them to do for themselves. Self-sufficiency was the dream of people escaping tyranny and poverty... The American dream is now luxury and convenience. Anything else is squalor, antisocial-insanity or amusing and pitiable eccentricity at best."

Return to “INACTIVE - ZSC:004”