ZSC003 Range Day - Silverdale Gun Club - Now A Regular Event

Forum for the Southern Ontario chapter members.

Moderators: ZS Chapter Volunteers, ZSC 003 Officers

BullOnParade
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

ZSC003 Range Day - Silverdale Gun Club - Now A Regular Event

Post by BullOnParade » Mon May 19, 2014 6:59 pm

So a few of our members have started talking about our next official range trip. We've hosted a few of these now and hope to continue to do them for many years to come, but in order to do that, we need to go above and beyond the expectations of Silverdale patrons, specifically, we cannot have more non-licensed guests than we do PAL holders. So far, we have 5 PAL holding members who have expressed an interest in going on Sunday, June 15. This means we can bring five non-licensed ZS members. These spots will be snatched up quickly by people who are regularly active within the chapter. If you are a PAL holder reading this and wish to join us, we would love to see you come out, please chime in below or send a PM to myself or Horatio_Tyllis to let us know to keep an eye out for you. Then we ask that you let us know if you will be bringing any non-PAL-holding guests of your own. If you are bringing your own guests to introduce them to the chapter, that is great and we cannot wait to see you on the firing line. If you are not bringing a guest of your own, or if you would like to bring guests who are PAL holders, we would love to open the invitation to more of our active chapter members who might be interested in experiencing firearms. We do not expect you to do anything you are uncomfortable with, we do not expect you to babysit new shooters all day, we only ask that we might help us maintain a respectable shooter to guest ratio.

Another thing to discuss is the all important food. Last year, we provided a hotdog and hamburger lunch for those who came out with ZS. Silverdale provides the BBQ, we only needed to provide the propane and food. It made for a good get together, and depending on numbers I might be interested in organizing something along those lines again. Alternatively, one can always pack their own lunch, or there is usually a gentleman selling burgers out of the hanger near the pistol range.

So, open to for discussion. I know we got a few forum members out last summer who don't usually make it to chapter events, and it would be great to at least see those guys again, and of course new faces are always welcome. No details are set in stone, if more people would be available the following weekend, lets figure it out here and maximize the involvement.

EDIT: Necro the old thread instead of starting a new one for this years range day. We've decided on Saturday September 12th, 2015. Our plan is to meet in the early morning again, shoot through the morning, BBQ lunch, and continue into the afternoon. All PAL holders welcome, Non-PAL holders should contact me if they want to participate to be sure we have enough card holders to accommodate them. PAL holders who wish to bring their own guests is welcome too, just let me know so we can keep the numbers even.

2016 update: starting discussion for summer range days in 2016. Starting the planning early because I'd like to get a good turn out and maybe do multiple sessions this summer.
Last edited by BullOnParade on Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:11 am, edited 4 times in total.
BullOnParade

Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Urban BOB/Range (& Bailout) Bag/EDC/Vehicle Kit

canuckdiver
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Re: ZSC003 Range Day - Silverdale Gun Club

Post by canuckdiver » Sat May 31, 2014 11:00 am

I am a current PAL holder who would be interested in coming out, and bringing a non-PAL member with me, but sundays do not work, saturdays are a far better logistical possibility.

BullOnParade
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Re: ZSC003 Range Day - Silverdale Gun Club - NOW WITH MORE P

Post by BullOnParade » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:12 am

So I didn't realize that I had picked father's day weekend, would anyone object/prefer bumping it back by a week?
BullOnParade

dustycanuck
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by dustycanuck » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:39 am

I have no plans for the 22nd, and I might be ok for the Saturday.

At this time, I'd be coming as a PAL holder to help even the odds. I've been away from shooting for a while, so I don't think I'd want to be 'teaching' anyone, other than maybe ACTS & PROVE!; certainly not marksmanship or technique.

I have a Savage Mark II I might bring, but I'm in the midst of installing peep sights, and I don't know if I'll get a chance to finish and sight in by then.
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not ... Genius will not ... Education will not ... Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."
Calvin Coolidge

dustycanuck
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by dustycanuck » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:52 pm

Just got the word - family get together on Father's Day.

I'm out. For now.

If the following weekend starts looking good, I might be able to jump back in.

Safe shooting.
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not ... Genius will not ... Education will not ... Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."
Calvin Coolidge

BullOnParade
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by BullOnParade » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:25 am

Okay, it's official, we'll be moving the event to the 21st. It doesn't work for everyone, but it works for most. We may consider another trip later in the summer/early fall if people are interested.

I usually aim to be at the range at opening. If people plan to join later in the day send me a PM, and I will give you my phone number so we will be easier to find (not that it's that big of a place).

I'm going to pick up sausages and buns for everyone who comes out, so the earlier people can confirm the better. The range sells cold pop on site, or you can bring your own beverages.

Other than that, sun screen, bug repellent, a hat and water are all good things to have at this range. Oh, and guns and ammo.
BullOnParade

Horatio_Tyllis
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead 2004
Special Dead
Dead before Dawn 3d

Post by Horatio_Tyllis » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:07 pm

I will be making it to this range day, but probably not at opening. Maybe 9:30-10am (unless i somehow manage to get a good night sleep immediately after getting home from work at 1am friday night)
Winter driving guide: http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... =6&t=82858" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Zimmy wrote:Intelligent safety conscious fireman snuffing telekinetic golems?
Our heroes are doomed without Gyrojet pistols firing antimatter tipped rockets!

dustycanuck
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by dustycanuck » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:22 pm

I will aim for 9 a.m.
Calvin Coolidge

dustycanuck
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by dustycanuck » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:31 pm

Horatio_Tyllis wrote:I will be making it to this range day, but probably not at opening. Maybe 9:30-10am (unless i somehow manage to get a good night sleep immediately after getting home from work at 1am friday night)
Of course, if you go straight from work and just sleep in their parking lot, you might get a few more ZZZzzzzzzzzz.
Calvin Coolidge

BullOnParade
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by BullOnParade » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:34 pm

dustycanuck wrote:
Horatio_Tyllis wrote:I will be making it to this range day, but probably not at opening. Maybe 9:30-10am (unless i somehow manage to get a good night sleep immediately after getting home from work at 1am friday night)
Of course, if you go straight from work and just sleep in their parking lot, you might get a few more ZZZzzzzzzzzz.
And triple park, so the rest of us have somewhere to park when we get there.
BullOnParade

dustycanuck
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by dustycanuck » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:13 am

Had a great time yesterday!

Thanks to BOP, H_T, cd, and the rest of the group for making me feel welcome. I'll plan to stay longer next time.

The weather couldn't have been better, and for my first trip to Silverdale GC, I was pleasantly surprised. The place looks great, and the staff is both friendly & helpful.

All in all, a great morning, followed by lunch on the BBQ. Good times.
Calvin Coolidge

BullOnParade
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Re: ZSC003 Range Day - Silverdale Gun Club - Now for Sept 20

Post by BullOnParade » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:52 pm

So we're organizing another get together at Silverdale, Saturday September 12th.
Same rules as last year; We need to keep the number of PAL holders equal to or greater than the number of non-PAL holders, and I need to know rough numbers before hand so I can pick up supplies for the BBQ. Beyond that, shoot straight, ladies and gentlemen.
BullOnParade

BullOnParade
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Re: ZSC003 Range Day - Silverdale Gun Club - Now A Regular E

Post by BullOnParade » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:19 am

As I edited into the OP, I'd like to start planning early for this summer's trip. I want to shoot a little more rifle this year, and I'd like to make the range days bigger, more PAL holders, more new shooters, more food. Who's interested and what's your schedule look like?
BullOnParade

BullOnParade
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Re: ZSC003 Range Day - Silverdale Gun Club - Now A Regular E

Post by BullOnParade » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:36 pm

Looks like Saturday June 4th is the date we're running with. Show up early for skeet shooting (iirc, it's something like $7/round of clays, on top of the $20 admission fee). Followed by rifle in the later morning, after lunch we can either continue with rifle or move on over to the pistol line, to be determined on the day of.
BullOnParade

Return to “ZSC:003”