It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 2:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:13 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

It's about that time of year to dust off that old sleeping bag, stuff that pack, and air out that tent. Zombie Squad Chapter 3 is making a conscious effort to spend more time in the outdoors this year. We want to get more of our members actively working on survival skills and enjoying nature. It doesn't matter if you're a complete newb to camping, or you've been hundreds of times, we all learn something every time we go into the wilderness together, and come back as better people. We want to make this experience more accessible to everyone.

While we have access to a gorgeous secluded plot of land in the Belleville area, We understand that "backcountry" camping can seem intimidating to anyone who hasn't been before, or someone who isn't very familiar with their gear. Which is why we're planning an "Introduction to Camping Weekend & BBQ" for May 20th, 2013 in a more suburb/rural area of Trenton. Introduction to basic/intermediate gear, fire making techniques, and campfire cooking are all on the agenda in order to get people more experienced and comfortable with the idea of a trip to the more secluded area.

If you are interested in joining us, all are welcome. If you would like to come but don't have any camping gear, some pieces of loaner equipment can be arranged, but try to give us as much time as possible to get things together. More details to come as we iron out the fine details, updates and discussion will happen here.

Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Urban BOB/Range (& Bailout) Bag/EDC/Vehicle Kit

Last edited by BullOnParade on Tue May 21, 2013 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:49 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Working on making sure that EVERYBODY has a blast at these events!

The May 20th will be a family friendly event, and spare gear will be available, as well as a BBQ dinner for the saturday night.

Any comments, questions, or concerns, feel free to Pm us!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:59 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Sounds like a blast, but I booked the family (4-3/4 & 1-3/4 year olds) into Turkey Point for the May 24. It'll be their first time camping, and Turkey Point's relatively close to home, and they already like the beach there, so it seems like win-win.
That said, and assuming they like camping, I can see driving out Trenton was some time ion the future for one of these, assuming that 'family friendly' means kids this young.
I hope you all have a blast, and we get to see some after action photos. And, being May 24, I hope we all don't get rained on too bad :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:16 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Have a great time. Hopefully we can plan something that you and the family can make it out to.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:35 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

https://www.facebook.com/events/545119028868172/

There's the FB event, for anyone interested in more details. We're up to 7 attending, and a few more considering, which is a new high for a chapter 3 campout. But let's not stop there, I would still love to see more new faces.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:52 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

After Action Report:

So in all, I think everyone had a great weekend. A total of 10 people came out, 8 of whom camped. Being an introductory camping weekend, we talked were able to refresh on some basic camping skills, and discuss introductory preps for a few of our members who are new to the idea.

Spent a lot of time on fire building skills, lighters to flint and steel and lots of things in between. Built a couple of pop can stoves, and tested some new gear.

Not going to say it was the most exciting camping trip we've ever pulled off, but definitely served its purpose of refreshing us for the season, introducing some new members to the group, and introducing some new skills to existing members.

Thank you to everyone who helped make the outing the success it was, and I hope to see even more new faces at our next camp out, which will be Canada Day long weekend (last weekend in June I think, with Monday the first being a holiday).

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:20 pm 

Has there been any talk about a 2014 camping trip?

Also I was wondering, I have a couple of friends who are into camping, alien discussion and zombies but they're not really active online. Are these camp outs strictly for 003 members only or are vetted guests allowed?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:11 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Nothing on the books yet for our 2014 plans, though I expect them to come up soon.

Canuckdiver has the final say in guest list, as it is his property we usually stay on. I would suggest speaking with him via PM when the time comes. We aren't usually the type of group to turn people away, we just like everyone to be on the same page as far as knowing what is expected of the weekend.