It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:42 pm 

As epi_d all ready posted, our next meeting is at St. James Place Tavern on 18th and Mary St in the Southside of Pittsburgh on Sept 11 at starting at 19:30.

We'll probably chat more about RFYL, plans for ZombieFest, and put together a BOB for a raffle at ZombieFest. If you have BOB materials to donate or can bring along, that would be useful. I will be donating a Husky multi-tool, first aid kit, a glow stick, emergency whistle, a couple zip-lock bags, and a can of spam. I'll also try to put together a PPE kit and maybe an emergency blanket. I also have a box of first aid kits and emergency prep tri-folds for the table at ZombieFest.

We can also start putting together plans for other events as well to finish out the year.

US Marines- Making Martyrs since 1775

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:38 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

jackal556 wrote:
As epi_d all ready posted, our next meeting is at St. James Place Tavern on 18th and Mary St in the Southside of Pittsburgh on Sept 11 at starting at 19:30.

We'll probably chat more about RFYL, plans for ZombieFest, and put together a BOB for a raffle at ZombieFest. If you have BOB materials to donate or can bring along, that would be useful. I will be donating a Husky multi-tool, first aid kit, a glow stick, emergency whistle, a couple zip-lock bags, and a can of spam. I'll also try to put together a PPE kit and maybe an emergency blanket. I also have a box of first aid kits and emergency prep tri-folds for the table at ZombieFest.

We can also start putting together plans for other events as well to finish out the year.

There's a "5 in 1 survival tool" (compass, flint, matchbox, whistle, lanyard) sold at dunham's sports for $3..I'll bring an example..possible "door prize" for random people who visit the booth. Also working on some Zombie squad mission statement handout flyers.

Tina

I got 99 problems but a zombie ain't one..

When TSHTF, I hope I'm wearing sensible shoes.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:10 pm 

I also have a box full of FAKs to hand out as well.

As an update on the BOB, I found a bag and a 12v DC 175W power converter.

US Marines- Making Martyrs since 1775

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:10 pm 

Awesome, if anyone has anything else that they'd like to donate to be part of the raffle or door prizes for Zombie Fest please bring it to the meeting. Should be a fun little show and tell, haha!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:10 am 

Hi all,

Sorry I'm so slow! BUT maybe its better that I waited to send this so as to remind you all of what we discussed at our meeting since Zombie Fest is now almost 2 weeks away! Here's a recap:

Zombie Fest booth October 13, 2012, 12pm to 9pm at West End Village:

1. T-shirts - design picked at the meeting.
2. Bug out bag brochure for the table - I'll have this done at Kinkos unless someone has a bettter $$ deal somewhere else. I'll reimburse.
3. Bug out bag poster? Bigger version of brochure.
4. Mission statement flyer.
5. Trivia question game for profit ($1 a chance with prizes) - Tina organizing collection of questions.
6. Trinkets (flashlights, multi tools) for doorprizes or trivia prizes.
7. Movies as addition prizes for raffle.
8. Bug out bag for raffle to benefit Animal Friends. Jackal donating along with some things to fill it.
9. Dry erase board - I'll bring to hang signs on.
10. Table and chairs - K9Crew and I will bring several. If you plan to be at the event a while you may want to bring your own camp chair but we will bring 3 chairs so we could also just take turns sitting.
11. Need twinkies (door prizes/demo/just for fun) - Steph
12. Need Nalgene bottle or other water carrying vessel for the bug out bag
13. Maps for bugout bag - Jackal will print some up
14. Spinning wheel for trivia game - Roger and Kris are working on this
15. toilet paper - booth decorations - people can bring things that they would have in their BOB for display purposes. (See dryerase board/ BOB poster idea)
16. Mistakes made in Zombie movies poster - engr-rn is making to hang from sides of the canopy.
17. Canopy - Steph is bringing. K9Crew and I are bringing ours as back up. Anyone have ideas for tie downs incase we would need them due to weather that day?
18. Zombie Bucks - Roger and Kris are making - thought about selling them or using them instead of money at the booth but I'd like to be able to use them for the raffle for people to write their name and phone number on. Buying the zombie buck and then using them to buy trivia game chances, merch or raffle tickets will be confusing day of.
19. New stuff: Engr-rn found a company that makes backpack like bags that we could put our logo on. I'll look into getting some for the booth that we could hand out or sell.
20. Left over ZS glowsticks will be available for sale.
21. We have a few national ZS shirts available for sale as well.
22. I found other various disaster preparedness brochures that we can put our logo on. I'll pick a couple to have at the table.
23. Jackal has various disaster preparedness literature that he will be bringing as well.
24. Set-up time still to be determined but will probably be around 11am. K9Crew, myself, Stephanie will definitely be there right at setup time to get the table, chairs and canopy in order. It would be appreciated that anyone bringing something for the booth be there by 11:30 so we can find a place for it on the table or hang it. If you have something for the table but can't make it day of or until later in the day I could possibly meet you one day before the event or you can just email me and let me know what it is, maybe it would be fine for it to arrive late.
25. I will be bringing masking tape, scotch tape, markers, pens, note paper, multi tool, signs for raffle amounts, table cloth, ZS banner, Zs flag, poster board (in case we need to make a sign that I forgot we would need), raffle tickets (in case Roger wants to just sell his Zombie Bucks instead of use them as raffle tickets). If I forgot anything either tell me or just bring it!
26. Drinking water for our own consumption will be donated by Steph.
27. If anyone brings merchandise donations for the raffle etc. please know that they are greatly appreciated but don't feel obligated to break your bank account to bring something!! We are all volunteers here and our time is the MOST valuable donation!
28. If I forgot anything PLEASE remind me!!!

Resident Evil:
K9Crew and I had date night. We thought it was pretty good and they really kept the story going. Anyone else make it out to see it yet? I think Roger said that he got his hands on a copy of it and may have a movie night at his place soon.

Toys for Tots:
Jackal is getting info. Probably go to a toy store in Monroeville Mall and make a Zombie Patrol out of it too. Maybe right after thanksgiving. More details to come later.

Food drive through Giant Eagle's parent company:
Roger called me last week that his company has agreed to a food drive. I need to call him back to get details.

Did I miss anything?