Run for your lives is coming!

Forum for the Pennsylvania chapter members.

Moderators: ZS Chapter Volunteers, ZSC 002 Officers

Jay_Zombi3

Run for your lives is coming!

Post by Jay_Zombi3 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:47 pm

Whose going?

As posted before, I will be signed up soon, registering team Resident Evil

I will be Chris Redfield Not RE5 because its crazy
My friend will be Leon S. Kennedy
And Maybe a Barry Burton

Let me know!
If guns cause violence, Mines defective!

epi_diva
Favorite Zombie Movies: Sean of the Dead
Resident Evil

Re: Run for your lives is coming!

Post by epi_diva » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:22 pm

A bunch of us (K9Crew and I) are also planning to do this and more want to spectate!
ZSC002 - Chapter Officer

jackal556
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Resident Evil saga

Post by jackal556 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:16 pm

The website is http://runforyourlives.com/locations/pi ... -overview/.

My parents have started running 5Ks. I can't let them pass me up.
ZSC:002 Pittsburgh Area Chapter Officer

US Marines- Making Martyrs since 1775

Jay_Zombi3

Post by Jay_Zombi3 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:24 pm

Nice seeing an interest! discussions will be had on this topic!
From what i see, running won't be needed the whole time, so theres a chance for me!
If guns cause violence, Mines defective!

engr-rn
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Return of the Living Dead
All Romero Films
The Walking Dead (TV show)
Life After People( TV Show, Post apocalyptic)
Office Space (Just Kidding, but there was some zombie like behavior in that..lol)

Post by engr-rn » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:25 pm

I want to mention that I'm registered for Run For Your Lives on Sept 1. Is anyone else registered as a zombie? I've registered as a 3rd shift(2-6pm) shambler and to run the race at 11. I used the zombie group name "Zombie Valley Health Care" and expect some of my co-workers to join(we are nurses, hence the name). If you'd like to join me use that group name and bring an old scrub shirt or lab jacket (if you're not in the business, you can find one at any thrift shop) to use as part of your "costume". Some of my friends who are in bands have put in to play the after-party as well...Think it's gonna be a very exciting day!

Tina
My theory..zombies are junkies and their drug of choice is stored in the blood and tissues of us living folks.

I got 99 problems but a zombie ain't one..

When TSHTF, I hope I'm wearing sensible shoes.

jackal556

Post by jackal556 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:07 pm

Among various discussions and meetings the past months, ZSC:002 has decided to sponsor a team for RFYL. The idea is to sponsor runners, spectators, and zombies. To add to the fun, Jay_Z has recommended doing a costume, namely Resident Evil (my favorite series). I'm looking at a STARS type attire (as that is what I wear nearly everyday sans tac vest).

The big issue for those involved is the cost for participating. So, depending on the amount of money we can raise, the Chapter will work to offset some of the cost for those involved. We need everyone's support in this. There are some ideas for fundraisers out there. Epi_d and Jay_Z have some great ones. There is enough time to hit our goal and then some. And we might even have a corporate sponsor.

We already have some folks signed up (Maddie and Marty from January's hike, for starters). The cut off date will be the May event to sign up for Team ZSC:002. Once the weather breaks and we get closer to the event, we runners would like to get together, train and work strategy. If we can get some zombies to help out, we can build up our dodging skills.

kevlarsamurai

Post by kevlarsamurai » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:08 am

Greetings,

Thanks to engr_rn and jackal556 for teaching me how to join the forum. (Punching the Staples "That was easy button" into the concrete while I type.)

If anyone has not registered for the race yet, you can use the code of PITA004 to get 5 bucks off the price for the race. Every little bit helps. Full disclosure: I think I get a T-shirt for folks using that code. I could give a rat's ass about that. I did a little research on the folks behind the games and like this little small business. Veteran managed to and he incorporated a lot of his Navy SERE training into it. And I am all about helping Vets.

Have a great day.

S/
K

engr-rn
ZS Member
ZS Member
All Romero Films
Office Space (Just Kidding, but there was some zombie like behavior in that..lol)

Post by engr-rn » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:50 pm

kevlarsamurai wrote:Greetings,

Thanks to engr_rn and jackal556 for teaching me how to join the forum. (Punching the Staples "That was easy button" into the concrete while I type.)

If anyone has not registered for the race yet, you can use the code of PITA004 to get 5 bucks off the price for the race. Every little bit helps. Full disclosure: I think I get a T-shirt for folks using that code. I could give a rat's ass about that. I did a little research on the folks behind the games and like this little small business. Veteran managed to and he incorporated a lot of his Navy SERE training into it. And I am all about helping Vets.

Have a great day.

S/
K

That's good to know. When I talk about the race I'm often asked if it's for a cause..now I have a good answer...

Tina
My theory..zombies are junkies and their drug of choice is stored in the blood and tissues of us living folks.

kevlarsamurai

Post by kevlarsamurai » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:43 am

engr-rn wrote:That's good to know. When I talk about the race I'm often asked if it's for a cause..now I have a good answer...

Tina
Greetings,

Well, I did quite a lot of digging and it has a lot of trickle down good causes. I.E.

Their charitable partner is the American Red Cross for the race.

WarWear is a Sponsor and they donate 5% of sales to Hire Heroes USA which helps vets get jobs.

S/
Kevin

epi_diva
Resident Evil

Post by epi_diva » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:27 am

Kevin,
Thank you so much for that info! That will help a LOT when explaining the event to civilian folks (aka non-zombie obsessed!)
Jenn
ZSC002 - Chapter Officer

jackal556

Post by jackal556 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:20 am

+1 thanks for the info.

kevlarsamurai

Post by kevlarsamurai » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:38 am

Greetings,

I wanted to give ya'll a heads up on some additional costs I was not aware of. Keep in mind I already sniveled about this because I don't work for them.

Firstly, my code was messed up and wasn't working due to an input issue back a couple days ago. PITA004 is working fine now for $5.00 off each registration fee for the Pittsburgh race only. I just bought three registrations and it worked like a charm. I'll be walking at 12:30 when Zombies are hungriest.

However, there is a $5.95 "online registration" fee per registration. So for $77.00 - $5.00 coupon + $5.95 registration you get your ticket. The reason I am told for the fee is, “The online convenience charge is instated by our ticket registration company. Run For Your Lives does not benefit from the $5.95 convenience charge. Online registration allows us to maintain our ticket progress and sales, and we currently do not use any other type of registration.” I did express my disagreement but I am OK with paying it for myself and the two folks I am bringing with me.

Also, they mention on their website that there is $10 for parking.

Just thought that you should be made aware for planning purposes.

S/
K

jackal556

Post by jackal556 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:14 am

Thanks for the heads' up. Which is one of the reasons ZSC:002 is doing the fundraising for the event.

The next meeting will be this Tuesday 7:00 St. James Place. We'll discuss this and get planning for the canoe trip. The canoe trip will be the deadline for signing up for "Team ZSC:002".

jackal556

Post by jackal556 » Mon May 07, 2012 11:40 am

This Saturday is the deadline for participants to sign up for "Team ZSC:002", or whatever we will call our team, and get some reimbursement (depending on the number of participants and amount raised). We're looking at running at 10:00.

So far our list of tentative participants is as follows:

Runners
Jay_Zombi3
Jackal
Pertinax
epi-diva
K9 Crew
Dr. Jest

Moral Support Unit
Stephanie

Revanant Simulation Unit
Kilted_Sasquatch

Please post on the forum or PM me to add onto the list.

jackal556

Post by jackal556 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:21 pm

We're getting down to the final weeks. I also heard an add on the radio last night.

epi_diva
Resident Evil

Post by epi_diva » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:34 pm

Anyone interesting in volunteering to help run the event? Lots of perks! I will post a separate thread as well... info below:

On September 1, 2012, Run For Your Lives is coming to Butler, PA! We are looking for some capable volunteers to help run this. Our event is run entirely by volunteers, so without the help of generous, hardworking people, Run For Your Lives would not be possible! We are looking for 10-20 volunteers from your Zombie Squad Chapter. We would love to have your organization volunteer as “Zombie Officials”.

Zombie Officials are responsible for monitoring the zone and making sure zombies are where they need to be and everyone follows the rules and regulations. You would radio in if any injuries occur within the zombie zones. We have worked with previous zombie squads, most recently at our Colorado RFYL event and they had an amazing time! The organization would volunteer for a shift and after would be able to enjoy the rest of our RFYL event!

Volunteers will be given a free t-shirt, free snacks, free water, free camping, free parking, and free access to our “Apocalypse Party”, which entails live bands, food and beverage vendors, and fun activities throughout the day and night!
ZSC002 - Chapter Officer

kevlarsamurai

Post by kevlarsamurai » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:14 am

Greetings,

If anyone had a problem using my code for this event, please let me know. There were a couple folks I personally know who had problems early on and some later in the registration period.

And by the way... who was that ZS dude in the green ZS shirt I shook hands with at the end of the race removing my chip? I was to dehydrated to talk long but wanted to say hi and thanks for your support.

S/
Kevin

epi_diva
Resident Evil

Post by epi_diva » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:05 am

Hi Kevin,
There were at least 9 of us there, maybe more that we don't know about. The guy taking chips at the finish line was none other than Dr. Jest!! We got a picture of him at the end and he was covered in mud! Sorry the rest of us didn't get to see you. There were several of us out on the course in the zombie zone acting as course officials and helpers. Did you survive? And more importantly, did you have fun?
Jenn
kevlarsamurai wrote:Greetings,

If anyone had a problem using my code for this event, please let me know. There were a couple folks I personally know who had problems early on and some later in the registration period.

And by the way... who was that ZS dude in the green ZS shirt I shook hands with at the end of the race removing my chip? I was to dehydrated to talk long but wanted to say hi and thanks for your support.

S/
Kevin
ZSC002 - Chapter Officer

kevlarsamurai

Post by kevlarsamurai » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:25 pm

epi_diva wrote:Hi Kevin,
There were at least 9 of us there, maybe more that we don't know about. The guy taking chips at the finish line was none other than Dr. Jest!! We got a picture of him at the end and he was covered in mud! Sorry the rest of us didn't get to see you. There were several of us out on the course in the zombie zone acting as course officials and helpers. Did you survive? And more importantly, did you have fun?
Jenn
Greetings,

My apologies for not glad-handing all of you then. However, if any of you ran anywhere between 12:30 and 15:00... chances are you passed me somewhere along the way. You might not have noticed as I spent most my time humped over sucking albuterol. I was pretty engaged from the time I got off the bus sorting through the initial mass confusion out there. The actual course was extremely well run. I'll probrably blast a full review of my experience later when all my fingers are functioning again. Not all good but definitely not all bad.

Did I survive??? Ummm... I had two flags left on my belt when I met Dr. Jest there at the finish... could you clarify "survive?" (smile) But I think that was predominately because the zombies didn't want to have me die at their station.

Fun??? Because as an old dirty ass grunt, I have an odd definition of what fun is, I gotta say, yep... had a blast. I had a nice long walk and smoked some cigerrettes with some zombie dudes.

But please, if anyone had any issues using my code, do contact me. I ain't to pleased with how they handled a couple of those things and intend to ensure that my part in this was honored. Thanks.

S/
Kevin

epi_diva
Resident Evil

Post by epi_diva » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:35 pm

Sounds like you had "fun" to me!!! Having been involved with ZS for about 4 years now, I would say I believe I understand your "odd definition of fun" and maybe I also have one since I stood in the sun for 4 hours warning runners that they were about to lose their shoes and that they should make sure they are still tied tight and loved it!! I was at the mud pit obstacle that was after the slide and water station from 9:30 to 13:30, so you may have passed me. The waves of runners were coming through together in pretty good sized groups after 12:00 so everyone blended in well.
I will ask around with those I know if they tried to use the code that you provided and inquire as to whether or not it worked.
Also, our next meeting is at St. James Place Tavern on 18th and Mary St in the southside of Pittsburgh on Sept 11 at starting at 19:30 or a little after. You're always welcome to join us if you can. We discuss business, shoot the breeze and eat wings.
Jenn

kevlarsamurai wrote:
epi_diva wrote:Hi Kevin,
Jenn
Greetings,

My apologies for not glad-handing all of you then. However, if any of you ran anywhere between 12:30 and 15:00... chances are you passed me somewhere along the way. You might not have noticed as I spent most my time humped over sucking albuterol. I was pretty engaged from the time I got off the bus sorting through the initial mass confusion out there. The actual course was extremely well run. I'll probrably blast a full review of my experience later when all my fingers are functioning again. Not all good but definitely not all bad.

Did I survive??? Ummm... I had two flags left on my belt when I met Dr. Jest there at the finish... could you clarify "survive?" (smile) But I think that was predominately because the zombies didn't want to have me die at their station.

Fun??? Because as an old dirty ass grunt, I have an odd definition of what fun is, I gotta say, yep... had a blast. I had a nice long walk and smoked some cigerrettes with some zombie dudes.

But please, if anyone had any issues using my code, do contact me. I ain't to pleased with how they handled a couple of those things and intend to ensure that my part in this was honored. Thanks.

S/
Kevin
ZSC002 - Chapter Officer

epi_diva
Resident Evil

Post by epi_diva » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:38 pm

I saw several folks with umbrella corp shirts on. Were you among them? I was volunteering at the mud pit that was after the slide and water station, Z4, with my ZS shirt on from 9:30 to 13:30.
Jay_Zombi3 wrote:Whose going?

And Maybe a Barry Burton

Let me know!
ZSC002 - Chapter Officer

engr-rn
ZS Member
ZS Member
All Romero Films

Post by engr-rn » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:07 pm

[quote="kevlarsamurai[quote
My apologies for not glad-handing all of you then. However, if any of you ran anywhere between 12:30 and 15:00... chances are you passed me somewhere along the way. You might not have noticed as I spent most my time humped over sucking albuterol. I was pretty engaged from the time I got off the bus sorting through the initial mass confusion out there. The actual course was extremely well run. I'll probrably blast a full review of my experience later when all my fingers are functioning again. Not all good but definitely not all bad. /quote]

I was a zombie at the "official halfway point" (One of us had to point that out to all the runners after the volunteer left for a break) from about 2:30 till the end. Did see a guy pass with an inhaler. Maybe it was you. I was dressed in white scrubs and the zombie next to me had purple hair and was crawling on the ground most of the time with a flag in his mouth.

Tina

engr-rn
ZS Member
ZS Member
All Romero Films

Post by engr-rn » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:11 pm

Jay_Zombi3 wrote:Whose going?

And Maybe a Barry Burton

Let me know!

What time did you run? I was in the 11:00 wave and zombie from 2:30-6.

kevlarsamurai

Post by kevlarsamurai » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:41 pm

engr-rn wrote:I was a zombie at the "official halfway point" (One of us had to point that out to all the runners after the volunteer left for a break) from about 2:30 till the end. Did see a guy pass with an inhaler. Maybe it was you. I was dressed in white scrubs and the zombie next to me had purple hair and was crawling on the ground most of the time with a flag in his mouth.

Tina
LOL... Actually, I was joking about the inhaler. It was in my pocket, but I was too busy saying, "I think, I can, I think, I can..." I wanted to choke the volunteer at the halfway point because I wanted to hear anything at that moment besides... you have only gone half way.

I was the guy walking with a Black boonie hat, BDU pants and jungle boots. With a black shirt that said, Can't tread on me Biotch.

Have a great holiday.

S/
K

Return to “INACTIVE - ZSC:002”