Chapter Deactivation

Forum for the Pennsylvania chapter members.

Moderators: ZS Chapter Volunteers, ZSC 002 Officers

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Chapter Deactivation

Post by crypto » Mon May 19, 2014 11:39 pm

It is with quite a bit of reservation that I announce that this chapter of Zombie Squad will be deactivated due to inactivity. Regrettably, ZSC:002 has not had the required amount of events or chapter activity required to sustain the chapter, for a long enough time period that the Board of Directors has decided to deactivate the chapter.

What does this mean for you, personally as a ZS member?
Firstly, you’re still a ZS member, nothing changes there.
More importantly, it means you have a chance to re-instate the chapter with officers of your choosing.

This chapter sub-forum will not go away, and will be opened up for everyone to participate in, to attract new people. The Chapter Volunteers will take over moderation of the group until the chapter is re-formed.

If the remaining officers for this chapter have any questions about this decision, please send them to chapters@zombiehunters.org

Crypto
ZS Chapter Manager

engr-rn
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Return of the Living Dead
All Romero Films
The Walking Dead (TV show)
Life After People( TV Show, Post apocalyptic)
Office Space (Just Kidding, but there was some zombie like behavior in that..lol)

Re: Chapter Deactivation

Post by engr-rn » Wed May 28, 2014 12:32 am

I wish our officers had gotten some warning about this. We have been active, a "winter hike" event in mid-March, a Charity Food Drive at Horror Realm convention in early March (an event which will be repeated in the fall), and several meetings. We are also a fixture at Pittsburgh's annual Zombiefest in Oct. Unfortunately we use our facebook group (which has 222 members and weekly discussions, BTW) much more than the forums and sometimes forget to cross-post information. Sorry about the confusion. Please let us know what is required to reinstate the chapter. Thank You.

The following links show examples of our recent activity.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/160600569862/

https://www.facebook.com/tinarn2/media_ ... 596&type=3

https://www.facebook.com/tinarn2/media_ ... 596&type=3
My theory..zombies are junkies and their drug of choice is stored in the blood and tissues of us living folks.

I got 99 problems but a zombie ain't one..

When TSHTF, I hope I'm wearing sensible shoes.

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Wed May 28, 2014 1:00 am

We looked at chapter activity and chapter paperwork as a criteria. You guys had 2 events in 2012, one event in 2013, and theres no updated chapter agreements on file. All the chapters were told over the last year or two that this would happen if they weren't meeting the minimums.

That said, we're by no means looking to close chapters down if we don't have to. mystic_1 will take care of you, once you get him the info he needs we'll work with you to get you back online ASAP.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

mystic_1
ZS Chapter Volunteer
ZS Chapter Volunteer

Post by mystic_1 » Wed May 28, 2014 1:23 am

You have a PM

mystic_1
Image Image Image

ZS Chapter Volunteer
● Want to start a ZS chapter? ● Want to find other ZS members near you? ● Want to make your chapter more successful?
Email us at [url=mailto://chapters@zombiehunters.org]chapters@zombiehunters.org[/url]

See also: ● ZS Event CalendarZS Wiki

engr-rn
ZS Member
ZS Member
All Romero Films
Office Space (Just Kidding, but there was some zombie like behavior in that..lol)

Post by engr-rn » Wed May 28, 2014 11:29 pm

Thanks.
My theory..zombies are junkies and their drug of choice is stored in the blood and tissues of us living folks.

engr-rn
ZS Member
ZS Member
All Romero Films

Post by engr-rn » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:33 pm

FYI, Still in the process of selecting officers and completing the paperwork. We haven't forgotten.

epi_diva
Favorite Zombie Movies: Sean of the Dead
Resident Evil

Post by epi_diva » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:06 am

engr-rn wrote:FYI, Still in the process of selecting officers and completing the paperwork. We haven't forgotten.
Thanks Engr-rn! We will be shoring up all of our paperwork and such this month. We look forward to being active again!
ZSC002 - Chapter Officer

elbel86

Post by elbel86 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:57 am

So, what's the status with ZSC 002? I would be very interested in helping to get this reinstated. I would be happy to be an officer if needed or volunteer in whatever way would help. I am a good distance from Pittsburgh (1.5 hours), but it is the closest chapter to me.

epi_diva
Favorite Zombie Movies: Sean of the Dead
Resident Evil

Post by epi_diva » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:01 pm

Hi there, We are all still here! We are still just really Thanks for the message. Many of our members are an hour away or more. Our next definite event is Horror Realm Spring Break in Greentree Pgh. We will be having a meeting this month to move forward with re-activation.
Peace, Love and Zombie Killin' ~ Epi_diva

elbel86 wrote:So, what's the status with ZSC 002? I would be very interested in helping to get this reinstated. I would be happy to be an officer if needed or volunteer in whatever way would help. I am a good distance from Pittsburgh (1.5 hours), but it is the closest chapter to me.
ZSC002 - Chapter Officer

Return to “INACTIVE - ZSC:002”