It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:34 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

This is our first charity event for the year. All that is required is yourself, some clothes you don't mind ruining, and some workgloves if you have them.

Habitat for Humanity Build day! I think the easiest way to go is for us all to register with HFH Pittsburgh on their website http://pittsburghhabitat.volunteerhub.com/

There is a short questionnaire and you pick a username and password.
Under the question "Please enter if you are registering with a group or as an individual"
please respond "Group-Zombie Squad Pittsburgh"
Then go to the calendar and click on the date. at present there are 6 open slots (I already registered). If we have more participants than that let me know and I will email Derek Morris and see if we can add more.

Thank You

Tina

Repair Project - Murrysville
Saturday, June 15, 9:00am - 3:00pm

We will be working with the homeowner to provide some much needed repairs so that they can continue to safely live in their home. Specific tasks include repairing a portion of the roof, installing new windows, installing a new entrance ramp, and much more. Sign up today to lend a hand!

P.O. Box 457 Murrysville, PA ( I will get a better fix on the address before the date of the event)
Questions?
Contact Derek Morris
More Information
www.pittsburghhabitat.org

If you do not want to participate in this build, you can register with our group name and help at another volunteer function (such as time in the HFH restore) or make a donation.

I got 99 problems but a zombie ain't one..

When TSHTF, I hope I'm wearing sensible shoes.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:57 am 
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

I'm in!

Towanda wrote:
When I become Empress of the Universe, ticks are the first (and so far only) species slated for complete genocide.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:25 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Dr. Jest and I had a quite productive day working with Habitat for Humanity. Just left the job site, where we worked straight thru without lunch insulating windows and building stairs. Other volunteers there worked on the building's roof (Kudos to them..its darn hot out). Great teamwork, plus we got to use power tools and add some "advanced carpentry" to our list of life skills. Our foreman was a pretty funny guy too. Hopefully, we can set up another workday in the future. Pictures at the following link.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 863&type=1

I got 99 problems but a zombie ain't one..

When TSHTF, I hope I'm wearing sensible shoes.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:45 pm 
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Yes, definitely. Got a lot of work done, met some great people. Kudos to Lee from HFH.

Towanda wrote:
When I become Empress of the Universe, ticks are the first (and so far only) species slated for complete genocide.