Romero & Savini & ZS in St Louis Oct 25th & 26th..BE THERE!!

Forum for the St Louis Metropolition Area chapter members.

Moderators: ZS Chapter Volunteers, ZSC 001 Officers

Wraa
Favorite Zombie Movies: Anything by George or Simon Pegg.

Re: Romero & Savini & ZS in St Louis Oct 25th & 26th..BE THERE!!

Post by Wraa » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:59 pm

I was very disapointed to find out at the ticket desk that George wasn't there, nor did I see that info posted anywhere. Did I miss it?

W'raa

Gundown
BANNED
Favorite Zombie Movies: Grumpy Old Men

Post by Gundown » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:03 am

He didn't let anyone he wasn't going to be there until the last second on Friday. We were all just as surprised as you were.

kyle
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

Post by kyle » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:33 pm

who's got pics?

This weekend was awesome. Got to meet a lot of interesting people. One of them was OFCJAX. Glad you made it!
Zombie Squad - "We can handle it from here. We've talked about this on the Internet."

OFCJAX

Post by OFCJAX » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:12 pm

I have a few. My buddy from the area met me for a kilt night at the bar. As you can tell by these pics, I was a little inebriated. (OK, a lot!)

Can't resize his pics so look here (about 3/4 down)
http://www.kiltsrock.com/forum/index.ph ... 0&start=20
"Head=Dead"

Either way you look at it, "Blowing a Tranny" is a BAD thing.

The Makarov is the "crack ho", the SIG is the "$3000 a night hooker"

Hawk
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombie Strippers.

Post by Hawk » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:13 pm

That was you? Why didn't you introduce yourself?

I got a great picture of Cyr at Savini's table. Working on getting it off the blackberry now.
I'd like to mention that my mother is, in fact, a saint. A very caring person, she was cursed with the gift of good looks, and then came the internet.

<19:15>[BeerandGun]: no guys, no glory

I helped warm manbath at ZCon '08!
I got new tan lines at ZCon '09
ZCon '010 was a humidor

Hawk

Post by Hawk » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:16 pm

edit*I fucking love my phone.
I'd like to mention that my mother is, in fact, a saint. A very caring person, she was cursed with the gift of good looks, and then came the internet.

ZCon '010 was a humidor

OFCJAX

Post by OFCJAX » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:03 pm

Hell, I was wearing a ZS shirt with my black Apoco-Kilt all that morning. I even had a ZS patch for a kilt pin with my name underneath it. Matter of fact I think Kyle introduced us the night before.
"Head=Dead"

iloveash
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

Post by iloveash » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:53 pm

I suck at remembering to take pictures:

Some of the ZS volunteers on Sunday:

John Russo(NOTLD screenwriter & zombie), me, Evening & George Kasana (NOTLD sheriff)
I survived Z-Con 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
I survived Wintergeddon 07, 08, 09, 11, 12
ZS has swallowed my soul!

Blasphemous

Post by Blasphemous » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:03 pm

Man I'm sorry I missed that!
Veteran of Z-Con 2006-2010

kyle
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

Post by kyle » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:28 pm

Man, I wish I brought a camera. Mine died a few months ago and I kept forgetting to buy one.

Savini was really nice. I've heard horror stories about him about him being kind of a jerk, but he was actually a really friendly guy. He said he would sign my shotgun stock, which I planned to bring on Sunday but I got stuck working on my and Michelle's stupid cars instead. Stupid cars....

Somebody BETTER have brought a camera and grabbed up some decent pictures of these awesome actors or I'm turning this ZS bus around.
Zombie Squad - "We can handle it from here. We've talked about this on the Internet."

Hawk

Post by Hawk » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:18 am

OFCJAX wrote:Hell, I was wearing a ZS shirt with my black Apoco-Kilt all that morning. I even had a ZS patch for a kilt pin with my name underneath it. Matter of fact I think Kyle introduced us the night before.
I saw you that morning. I got there Saturday morning and left early Sunday morn. I should've walked up and said hi.

ZCon '010 was a humidor

OFCJAX

Post by OFCJAX » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:32 pm

I slept in Sunday till around 11ish (see earlier pics for reason) and left around 1:30 or so.
"Head=Dead"

Wills7MGTE
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the living dead, Dawn of the dead (original), Dawn of the Dead (remake), Day of the dead, Night of the Living dead remake, Resident evil apocalypse, Resident evil extinction, Resident evil, Resident Evil Afterlife, Survival of the dead and Diary of the dead.

Post by Wills7MGTE » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:57 am

Ya know I went to the costume party at Lemp Mansion and I was bummed I missed this before I went to the party mainly because I got up late and didn't get to concerned. Romero was my only real pull to go, mainly for an autograph and then he doesn't show, I am glad I didn't go after finding this out.

Don't get me wrong I love events like this, but frankly I wasn't going to over exert myself with two big events on the same day 100 miles from my house so I chose the party, 8 hours of fun. I am not suprised he didn't show though, I had tickets for dave chappelle when he was supposed to come to the show me center in Cape, then last minute they say he has a show at SIU in carbondale IL so u can use ur ticket there instead because he didn't want 2 shows so close together. Really pissed me off, celbrities forget where they came from and who really supports them, it's a damn shame it reached the zombie niche already.

Kudos to any writers, actors, directors, makeup people, or whatever who did show though........
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."---Thomas Jefferson

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:09 am

Wills7MGTE wrote: Really pissed me off, celbrities forget where they came from and who really supports them, it's a damn shame it reached the zombie niche already.

Kudos to any writers, actors, directors, makeup people, or whatever who did show though........
Romero was in Canada, principal photography for his next movie has been running over schedule.

Hrm, 'show up at con' vs 'finish movie'.

I wouldnt have come either.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

Wills7MGTE
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the living dead, Dawn of the dead (original), Dawn of the Dead (remake), Day of the dead, Night of the Living dead remake, Resident evil apocalypse, Resident evil extinction, Resident evil, Resident Evil Afterlife, Survival of the dead and Diary of the dead.

Post by Wills7MGTE » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:51 pm

I'm honestly shocked he's working on a movie since diary hasn't been out that long, is it a zombie film or is it something else?

He still could and should have let them know sooner, it's not like running over schedule is a shocking event the writing is usually on the wall in a case like that so its not like he didn't see it coming.

Hopefully if this new film is a zombie film it will be better than diary and land, diary was a good concept just didn't like where he went with the story and some of the characters in my opinion sucked. Land was disappointing because with a budget that big there could and should have been a better plot and better more important characters, it was a bit cheesy. So far the original dawn to me stands out as his greatest film period, as well as NOTLD although I think Dawn is by far the best of all of the films but it couldnt have come about without Night so they are equal in my rankings.
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."---Thomas Jefferson

Return to “ZSC:001”